[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

[snip]

Anyway @Beale, in regards to Tantares, I've been playing for the past month with the latest development version, I have thoroughly tested the new parts and so far I haven't found a single bug. I understand you've been away for some time, but I just thought you'd like to hear my opinion and findings on the beta parts.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

On 1/23/2019 at 12:11 AM, yuri_3a3rin said:

are you ever gonna make Mars TMK parts

You can make a pretty convincing TMK out of existing parts, dedicated parts would mostly be close duplicates of existing stuff in the Tantares pack.

The only tricky bit is balancing the weight to keep the center of thrust aligned with the center of mass.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:11 AM, yuri_3a3rin said:

are you ever gonna make Mars TMK parts

On 1/24/2019 at 8:16 PM, tjsnh said:

You can make a pretty convincing TMK out of existing parts, dedicated parts would mostly be close duplicates of existing stuff in the Tantares pack.

The only tricky bit is balancing the weight to keep the center of thrust aligned with the center of mass.

I would echo what tjsnh says yes - maybe someday, but I have Polyus and R7 revamp in mind first.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:45 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

I've been playing for the past month with the latest development version, I have thoroughly tested the new parts and so far I haven't found a single bug.

I found a bug: engines with verniers, such as Soyuz engines, and parts with multiple "moduleenginesfx" in general can activate only one engine (module) at a time: only the main engine or only the vernier engines.

It's a game bug and is not due to Tantares.

Who found a solution please answer.

Edited by Gapone

As an open question, would it be preferred that generic parts (not belonging to one kind of craft), such as the medium solar panels (FGB/ Salyut 6 & 7), RCS blocks and the Igla antenna system be moved to the "ANY" generics part folder in the Tantares download? 

Maybe this will lead to more sensible layouts.

Hqa0mnr.png

10 hours ago, Gapone said:

I found a bug: engines with verniers, such as Soyuz engines, and parts with multiple "moduleenginesfx" in general can activate only one engine (module) at a time: only the main engine or only the vernier engines.

It's a game bug and is not due to Tantares.

Who found a solution please answer.

That isn't related to Tantares.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

As an open question, would it be preferred that generic parts (not belonging to one kind of craft), such as the medium solar panels (FGB/ Salyut 6 & 7), RCS blocks and the Igla antenna system be moved to the "ANY" generics part folder in the Tantares download? 

Maybe this will lead to more sensible layouts.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

Yes the gray one!  But make it same height as these things at the top of the capsule.

p.s. make those toggleable so i can put a vostok parachute on it

Edited by Gapone

On 1/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, Beale said:

giphy.gif

I absolutely love this.

I've tried, using a similar 2.5m part from another mod, to make a closable "docking bay module" like this that a Tantares soyuz could fit inside, but haven't had a lot of luck.

Ehrm...

So all Vostok parts are in "Start" node, as it should be... except avionics module, which is located in "Advanced flight control" node. Which is obviously not available at the start, and not available immediately after start.

Immediate consequence: I have abandoned my plans for my fresh career's first manned flight using Vostok, and switched to Bloeting\BDB's Mercury-Redstone.

Not cool, dude.

18 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Ehrm...

So all Vostok parts are in "Start" node, as it should be... except avionics module, which is located in "Advanced flight control" node. Which is obviously not available at the start, and not available immediately after start.

Immediate consequence: I have abandoned my plans for my fresh career's first manned flight using Vostok, and switched to Bloeting\BDB's Mercury-Redstone.

Not cool, dude.

(emphasis mine)

Not a very nice way to report an oversight...

17 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

(emphasis mine)

Not a very nice way to report an oversight...

Nothing wrong with Mercury, mate.

But... I have used it in... let me think a bit... maybe four careers for my 1st manned flight. Or was it five? I want something different! Like that nice Sharik, from which I'll have to eject at 5000m (because that's how actual Vostok worked)

Anyway, I've edited the Vostok avionics bay cfg. Now all what's left is to mate it to Kosmos-2...

Firstly, thanks for this great mod. I would like to ask that solar panels from Tantares don't track the sun in my career game. What might be the cause? I still play version 1.5.1 and the mod itself is also for the version 1.5.1, not the latest.

Edited by ondert

1 hour ago, ondert said:

Firstly, thanks for this great mod. I would like to ask that solar panels from Tantares don't track the sun in my career game. What might be the cause? I still play version 1.5.1 and the mod itself is also for the version 1.5.1, not the latest.

Many thanks!

Regarding the solar panels - this is intentional for a lot of them, they are fixed like their real-life counterparts.
You should be able to enable tracking on them however, if you use the advanced tweakables mod, or you can also just enabled tracking in the solar panel part config, i.e.

sunTracking = False

To:

sunTracking = True

Really I would like to give tracking / non-tracking option for every panel, but I was holding out for a tweakable option to patch into the base-game than create separate parts.