[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

37 minutes ago, Beale said:

I am very sorry to be stubborn on this issue, but it is only two ways to do it:

• Somebody else does everything (Who knows, somebody might enjoy IVAs!).
  • I continue to make them very slowly.

I have spent the last year looking for the first one... I am not sure they exist...

(Actually there are a couple IVAs in BDB that were custom made, the gemini lander can by @Daelkyr especially)

37 minutes ago, Beale said:

I am very sorry to be stubborn on this issue, but it is only two ways to do it:

• Somebody else does everything (Who knows, somebody might enjoy IVAs!).
  • I continue to make them very slowly.

Have you considered approaching MOARdV about making IVAs? Between his work with RasterPropMonitor and the ASET props, he's created some amazing IVAs. In particular, he made an IVA for the Gemini capsule that I refuse to live without since it allows me to fly exclusively from the cockpit. Masterful immersive stuff.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I have spent the last year looking for the first one... I am not sure they exist...

(Actually there are a couple IVAs in BDB that were custom made, the gemini lander can by @Daelkyr especially)

Who ever thought my name would get thrown around whenever IVA's get mentioned. :sticktongue:

I am desperate to get my new HD so I can redo the lost CSM IVA I had finished.

1 minute ago, Daelkyr said:

Who ever thought my name would get thrown around whenever IVA's get mentioned. :sticktongue:

I am desperate to get my new HD so I can redo the lost CSM IVA I had finished.

I'm more sad to lose that side project that you were working on... :(

5 minutes ago, Danny88 said:

Now that is INTERESTING! I wonder if they could have pulled off such a collaboration back then if circumstances were different?

Yeah.

I was on @akron's stream and him and @CobaltWolf know how much I hate Skylab currently. I tried to make Skylab with currently existing BDB parts and let's say it didn't work out well.

I seem to be having a problem with the ALV (Proton). Using MJ or Gravity Turn, my first stage works fine, but my second and third stages do not fire...at all. I have to take manual control, and usually that causes even more problems. The Soyuz launcher works perfectly, and I'm about to test the Ariane 5 and N-1 to see if they have any issues.

10 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Hmm... found something interesting to do...

skylabsalyut1.gif

Ahhhhh. They considered a lot of stuff like this for ASTP and followups to it. In fact, the plan they originally settled on was Apollo docking to one of the Salyuts, but then that was cancelled for reasons related to the docking hub (as is the theme for everything good that was ever supposed to happen in space travel) and they conjured up the one that actually happened (using the hub from the original plan, as it turns out)

1 hour ago, Joeybafoey said:

Ahhhhh. They considered a lot of stuff like this for ASTP and followups to it. In fact, the plan they originally settled on was Apollo docking to one of the Salyuts, but then that was cancelled for reasons related to the docking hub (as is the theme for everything good that was ever supposed to happen in space travel) and they conjured up the one that actually happened (using the hub from the original plan, as it turns out)

Eyes Turned Skywards has another classic variation, where the Soyuz docks to Skylab-B/Spacelab via docking adapter, and then pulls away the docking adapter when they leave so it can be replaced with an airlock module.

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Eyes Turned Skywards has another classic variation, where the Soyuz docks to Skylab-B/Spacelab via docking adapter, and then pulls away the docking adapter when they leave so it can be replaced with an airlock module.

Maybe if they would've done something cool like that, the Space Age would've lasted a little longer. 

2 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

Maybe if they would've done something cool like that, the Space Age would've lasted a little longer. 

Doubtful, not without changing the political climate significantly. The time period where they planned ASTP was sort of a high point in relations, which had already started cooling.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Doubtful, not without changing the political climate significantly. The time period where they planned ASTP was sort of a high point in relations, which had already started cooling.

Not specifically with Apollo-Soyuz, but with the other programs and proposed projects.

Hello All,

Thanks to @Beale and everyone that works  on this mod, it is one of my favorites.  Just a little feedback on 1.2.1, I have been trying to do reentry with the  A-ZH9 capsule, and it seems like one of the changes to the aerodynamic model will not allow it to slow down.  Not a problem with the any of the other capsules I use in my heavily modded save.

Just something to put on the list to look at in the future :

Thx for all the work!

2 hours ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

Hello All,

Thanks to @Beale and everyone that works  on this mod, it is one of my favorites.  Just a little feedback on 1.2.1, I have been trying to do reentry with the  A-ZH9 capsule, and it seems like one of the changes to the aerodynamic model will not allow it to slow down.  Not a problem with the any of the other capsules I use in my heavily modded save.

Just something to put on the list to look at in the future :

Thx for all the work!

Which part is this, the Vostok?

ZpPV3j2.png
rPovrci.png

On 31/10/2016 at 4:32 PM, DJ Reonic said:

I have a question. How do I open the texture files for editing in photoshop? My Photoshop won't open them.

I use an image viewer: XnView.
It cannot open mbm file, but it can with dds.
Then "save as" the image in any format you like (tga, png, jpg... etc etc) for your image editor program you using (so not only photoshop)...

... for conversion back, I use DDS4KSP, a miniprogram published time ago here on this forum, to convert any possible format back to dds.

7 hours ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

As Beale was asking, is this the Vostok capsule? If so, can you still land with a parachute? Because, you know, on the real Vostok missions the pilot had to eject and parachute down.

15 hours ago, Beale said:

rPovrci.png

Looks great! ,although I think the grid structure between the stages would look nicer if it would have a bit more struts in a smaller angle maybe? just like here:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by NeoFatalis

15 hours ago, Danny88 said:

Those engines look amazing. Such detail. The "waffle" of the bottom of the stage looks great too!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Araym said:

I use an image viewer: XnView.
It cannot open mbm file, but it can with dds.
Then "save as" the image in any format you like (tga, png, jpg... etc etc) for your image editor program you using (so not only photoshop)...

... for conversion back, I use DDS4KSP, a miniprogram published time ago here on this forum, to convert any possible format back to dds.

@DJ Reonic

If it is only for Photoshop, I can also recommend Nvidia tools for Photoshop :) 

8 hours ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

Yep it is the vostock ,  it was almost going 1800 at about 3000' it was apparently almost immune to drag :)

Hello!

Yes, this part is very troublesome, I am not sure how to fix it :( 
I think it needs a custom drag-cube profile, but where to start there - I do not know.

I will hopefully get around to that when I can.

With a very shallow angle, it can still be used for re-entry, you must only be very careful :wink: 

19 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

Looks great! ,although I think the grid structure between the stages would look nicer if it would have a bit more struts in a smaller angle maybe? just like here:

Good suggestion!

@Third_OfFive Looks nice! I use Wings3D personally.

Edited by Beale