[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Thanks! :)

There are some really cool Gemini concepts around. I'm tempted for a few.

Hehe!

But really, OrionKermin's latest parts are incredible, really pretty, I'm trying to keep up to his standard!

Launchers: there are a couple on my "to do list". But no 2.5m ones, leaving the Gemini at the mercy of the Proton or stock parts. Whether it gets a custom launcher I'm still contemplating

I'm still not sure about that. A Titan-alike, or at least its engines could be good. Eh, we will see :)

The one problem I have with this pack is that it feels too much like a "kit", like the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System. This is something HGR does a really good job of staying away from. It shouldn't ever be too easy to make a real-life craft, imo.

That said, the work you've done here is really awesome. :D Keep up the uber-cool work!

Yeah... it would add another part that you can only use with the Gemini craft...

But you'll atleast gonna nerf the battery capacity, the twr and the deltaV.

Anyway it's a great model... only if it had an internal. ( i know that there will be one, one day...)

Thanks!

Yes internal is coming :)

Feedback for this is very appreciated also :)

KW Isn't Stockalike. But at the same time, Stock Parts are good enough for Saturn V. Although an F-1x5 Engine block might be nice.
Try SpaceY, man, it has what you need in stockalike form. :)

KW rocketry was the first that sprung to mind, but also SXT has (almost RAM Free!) Saturn V parts, which are pretty much the best stockalike ones out there (SpaceY is very pretty too.)

The one problem I have with this pack is that it feels too much like a "kit", like the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System. This is something HGR does a really good job of staying away from. It shouldn't ever be too easy to make a real-life craft, imo.

That said, the work you've done here is really awesome. :D Keep up the uber-cool work!

It's a very fair point to make. I try to stick by the "lego" ethos on the first page, but, sometimes there is a trade-off where I want something to look a particular way.

So, Tantares has its fair share of niche/odd parts. A couple that spring to mind are the Vostok decoupler, most of the TKS parts and the Venera.

But, many thanks, I always appreciate some critique :)

Tantini RCS

I guess it is kinda like a replacement for the old Soyuz RCS ports I had.

But 4-way and 0.5KN

e6d085c3fa.jpg

Edited by Beale

Ah another day another tantares update another friendly reminder about reaction wheel power consumption. Not bad for a monday :wink:

also is that an unpainted V2 I spy? :)

http://puu.sh/fHwQZ/cc21a1a95f.jpg

Damn it!

I forget, as always.

But, I am fixing it as I post this. No more electric sink.

Edit: Current EC/s rates are crazy, just looking up and comparing against the wiki!

And you spy correct, also there is the "wasp".

a272a4dff6.jpg

Tantares 15.7

PassingLurker edition

Fixed EC/s drain for all reaction wheels, now they are inline with stock.

091fe14070.jpg

Edited by Beale

The one problem I have with this pack is that it feels too much like a "kit", like the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System.

What?

hPmjIdSb.png

I disagree entirely. With KSOS there's like one thing you can build, and that's the orbiter itself. There's barely any ability to make anything of your own. KSOS is beautiful, but also single-purpose. And that's what it's meant for. With Tantares, it's like a bunch of Russian-themed building blocks. You can make any spacecraft you want, you don't have to adhere to real life vehicles. Just look at the images people have posted. I myself have only ever used the Soyuz as a crew transport, because I like the Soyuz. The other bits I use to just make my own sh8t. I said earlier that Tantares can replace stock, and I meant it. You can do pretty much anything you want with these parts. The only KSOS bits I was able to use without constraints were the docking ports. Which I still think are really nice little things.

What?

http://i.imgur.com/hPmjIdSb.png

I disagree entirely. With KSOS there's like one thing you can build, and that's the orbiter itself. There's barely any ability to make anything of your own. KSOS is beautiful, but also single-purpose. And that's what it's meant for. With Tantares, it's like a bunch of Russian-themed building blocks. You can make any spacecraft you want, you don't have to adhere to real life vehicles. Just look at the images people have posted. I myself have only ever used the Soyuz as a crew transport, because I like the Soyuz. The other bits I use to just make my own sh8t. I said earlier that Tantares can replace stock, and I meant it. You can do pretty much anything you want with these parts. The only KSOS bits I was able to use without constraints were the docking ports. Which I still think are really nice little things.

I've barely used KSOS, so maybe this difference is true, it's nice to hear anyway! Thanks!

Gemini RCS

Non-rotational translation go!

05f8bdf3df.jpg

2401abd7ac.jpg

They work so nice.

But, I have nerfed the Gemini too much. Now it barely scrapes 300 DV.

hoojiwanna was kind enough to make me a 1.875m part .config for the MPR-45 RLA Monopropellent engine. Download is over at the RLA thread.

I was there... Very dissapointing. My location was just a few miles from the pad. Could see the entire rocket just sitting on the pad, ready to go.

http://i.imgur.com/vB87g9Il.jpg

I was at Tampa running from the fair to watch the launch, it sucked that it didn't go off. Oh well, its scheduled for tomorrow at least.

What?

http://i.imgur.com/hPmjIdSb.png

Every time you appear the Spider8ite starts playing in my head, and now it's complete with this pic. :D

On the subject, I totally agree with you. Although, I prefer using historical ships whenever I can, but the possibilities of the mod are beyond any limits, especially for those Russian-styled stations.

I'd like to see US vehicles added, but I think that Soviet/Russian items should be first priority, after all, there's a number of modders implementing the US space program stuff, but only one active Soviet mod other than this one (that I'm aware of.)

Also, as a (somewhat joking) suggestion, perhaps you should talk with the FASA guys about creating a set of parts to allow docking between the Tantares and their Apollo module? :P

If you have both parts packs installed, it's actualy pretty easy to make an "apollo soyuz" adaptor - use the tantares mianbao with a fasa LEM docking port on 1 end and a tantares female/salyut docking port on the other. Looks, and works, just like the real mission :-)

I was looking at some wikipedia articles to brush up on station designing, and discovered the Pol's real life counterpart, the Cygnus, would actually translate to twice the size of the Pol in the pack. I decided it made for nice variety since it and the ATV share roles, but I went ahead and put together Tweakscale MM configs for it. Note, I didn't put in checks for tweakscale so only use it if you have tweakscale (and MM):

@PART[Pollux_Control_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_Engine_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_RCS_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_Solar_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = surface
}
}

I was looking at some wikipedia articles to brush up on station designing, and discovered the Pol's real life counterpart, the Cygnus, would actually translate to twice the size of the Pol in the pack. I decided it made for nice variety since it and the ATV share roles, but I went ahead and put together Tweakscale MM configs for it. Note, I didn't put in checks for tweakscale so only use it if you have tweakscale (and MM):

@PART[Pollux_Control_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_Engine_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_RCS_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_Solar_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = surface
}
}

been mentioned before the reason they are different sizes is to give them different roles to cut down on redundant parts

been mentioned before the reason they are different sizes is to give them different roles to cut down on redundant parts

-snip- I decided it made for nice variety since it and the ATV share roles, but I went ahead and put together Tweakscale MM configs for it. -snip-

I'm aware of that, but I decided I preferred the Pol as a 1.25m resupply ship, partially because the pack doesn't currently have one filling the role. I posted what I did in case someone else wanted to resize their Pol too. The real problem is the outdated tweakscale configs.

I said earlier that Tantares can replace stock, and I meant it. You can do pretty much anything you want with these parts.

LOL! Of course you can. I mean.. It's the whole Soviet/Russian Space Program.

What I would like to see is a PPTS with a "Beale touch".

Beale, I must ask - this beautiful Atlas would be in Tantares or some other mod?

It's for another mod, related to Niemand's "Road to Kosmos"!

That's...more than a little horrifying...I may never eat bread again.

:wink:

I'd really like to see your take on a Titan II or III, Beale. Especially the SRBs, which do not have anything even close to them in stock KSP. Of course, you've got quite a bit on your plate currently...

On my plate: Applewood (English cheese <3 )

Oh you mean parts?

The N-1 is up next. Well, IVAs at the same time also, gradually.

Gonna take quite a while, still busy in IRL also.

For Titan, arguably just the engines would allow people to make a decent replica.

But, the Titan has a very nice and distinctive fuel tank.

I don't know about III and IV and so on, but definitely considering the Titan II as Gemini launch vehicle.

@PART[Pollux_Control_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_Engine_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_RCS_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}
@PART[Pollux_Solar_A]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = surface
}
}

-snip- I decided it made for nice variety since it and the ATV share roles, but I went ahead and put together Tweakscale MM configs for it. -snip-

I'm aware of that, but I decided I preferred the Pol as a 1.25m resupply ship, partially because the pack doesn't currently have one filling the role. I posted what I did in case someone else wanted to resize their Pol too. The real problem is the outdated tweakscale configs.

The Progress is the 1.25m resupply ship! :)

But, these are some pretty cool little configs! I know many people use tweakscale here.

Many thanks!

LOL! Of course you can. I mean.. It's the whole Soviet/Russian Space Program.

What I would like to see is a PPTS with a "Beale touch".

PPTS is on its way, yup. :)

Tantares 16

After a small bit of Gemini balancing, I think it is ready for release!

But I still would very much like feedback on its performance.

Anyway, I am excited to see if this thing gets used (Probably not till it has a suitable IVA) :)

a4c162e713.jpg

Edited by Beale

It's for another mod, related to Niemand's "Road to Kosmos"!

:wink:

On my plate: Applewood (English cheese <3 )

Oh you mean parts?

The N-1 is up next. Well, IVAs at the same time also, gradually.

Gonna take quite a while, still busy in IRL also.

For Titan, arguably just the engines would allow people to make a decent replica.

But, the Titan has a very nice and distinctive fuel tank.

I don't know about III and IV and so on, but definitely considering the Titan II as Gemini launch vehicle.

The Progress is the 1.25m resupply ship! :)

But, these are some pretty cool little configs! I know many people use tweakscale here.

Many thanks!

PPTS is on its way, yup. :)

Tantares 16

After a small bit of Gemini balancing, I think it is ready for release!

But I still would very much like feedback on its performance.

Anyway, I am excited to see if this thing gets used (Probably not till it has a suitable IVA) :)

http://puu.sh/fKieZ/a4c162e713.jpg

I'd download and use it right now if I wasn't busy playing Starbound.