[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Well I can launch a Salyut into a 500km orbit with 99% of my 3rd stage fuel remaining, so I'd say go for it!! :D

Well, that's a good enough reason!

But I have a suspicion that halving the third stage will make the second and first more capable... Erm, well it will require testing.

Potential RD-170

e240ce229a.jpg

c688d6c06f.jpg

4f3a6233fd.jpg

Well, that's a good enough reason!

But I have a suspicion that halving the third stage will make the second and first more capable... Erm, well it will require testing.

Potential RD-170

http://puu.sh/drNXJ/e240ce229a.jpg

http://puu.sh/drNYm/c688d6c06f.jpg

http://puu.sh/drNZ8/4f3a6233fd.jpg

Are those engines 2.5m or 1.25m? If it's the RD-170, they should totally be 2.5m. The real RD-170 was huge, and actually more powerful than the F-1 engines of the Saturn V.

Wow! Awesome!

Thanks!

Are those engines 2.5m or 1.25m? If it's the RD-170, they should totally be 2.5m. The real RD-170 was huge, and actually more powerful than the F-1 engines of the Saturn V.

2.5M :)

It is designed for the Zenit.

771697caab.jpg

2b48cc9dc7.jpg

083c8119f0.jpg

Edited by Beale

Beautiful RD-170! Beale you make my dreams come true <3

Glad :)

Wow, that was a lot of improvement in just 50 minutes. You're fast.

Aha!

No real changes were made there, just an import to Unity. The addition of specularity makes a big difference :)

e674c37d4d.jpg27e1f38fda.jpg

Even in Unity you must get the right angle.

A true Artist.

(BTW Awesome looking parts!! I can just strap them onto my KW Rocketry 5m parts to get authentic Energia!! :D)

Very kind words :)

I am a little obsessive for screenshots...

Well, Energia...

Of course the 5M core here is just a placeholder. More on that later :wink:

Like I say, the style on these is not so set in stone, so maybe have expectations for changes in style (Though still stockalike).

3da473d41b.jpg

HolY HOLY hOLY CARP AMAZING
Omg do want
And here I was, looking for some more 5m parts.... :) Energia looks great so far.

Haha! I am happy people like it! :)

Ehm, also, Fuji solar... Design.

a35869a2c8.jpg

Still one, chaotic, texture.

d5ef42c903.jpg

Edited by Beale

The energia isn't really stockalike the way I see it - but it still looks great for use with stock parts.

Ah, but I am always happy to hear suggestions for changes!

Go ahead :)

The style basically, is not to emulator stock 3.75m (Nasa SLS), or the 2.5m (Which is somewhat Delta IV Heavy), or 1.25m (Which is ??). But, it is to try for stock style "Russian tank".

f7a67bec78.jpg633e42d4ff.jpga3f2bc4391.jpg

What is "stock" can be argued till the sun sets in the east, of course :wink:

Edited by Beale

Just curious, What's left with the amazing Fuji? Are you planning to do re-dev'd IVAs?

Well, solar panels are done.

I think, what is needed now:

- Docking port / parachute combo.

- IVAs (Not in initial release).

- Alt. OMs.

And that is about it, I think :)

7ea36ccd62.jpg

5924c38247.jpg

07a4738122.jpg

c7ee2c15be.jpg

The "Heavy" Fuji was launched "upside-down" a nightmare. Launch-induced rolling that took me right back to the pre-0.23.5 era...

Edited by Beale

1.25m (Which is ??).

Thats a Mercury-Redstone rocket (unsure what launch it is though). It took the first US astronauts into space.

also the parachute - docking port combo and the zenit sounds really cool!

The Fuji solar panel also looks nice.

Edited by gooddog15

Ooo docking port / parachute combo sounds interesting

Aha! Hopefully it will be useful in some situations.

Thats a Mercury-Redstone rocket (unsure what launch it is though). It took the first US astronauts into space.

also the parachute - docking port combo and the zenit sounds really cool!

The Fuji solar panel also looks nice.

That's the one! I'm not sure what the 1.25m tanks are based on (if anything) but the Redstone is reasonably close.

Thanks also!

Bit of a backtrack at this point, but here's my Boctok 1 mission

http://youtu.be/hXshAcjGTNw

It's an unedited take, from launch to landing with only a few time warps so it's 23+ minutes long!

Gave it a watch! (Don't worry about the length, I work from home so is nice to have video one window, code in the other :) )

Have to say the launch, seeing the TLV fly into the sky with the Russian national anthem playing, brought a huge smile to my face.

Great mission!

"Filmed on location" gave me a little chuckle too.

Nice to see those panels! I think they can also be used for Orion SM since it is basically the same 1x3 configuration. Maybe some rescaling would fit it better.

Ah.

You know I had not noticed this.

66e0eec0b4.jpg

That's pretty cool, thanks for pointing it out! (Though, as you say they might be a bit off-scale).

This gives me hope.

US ball FTW!!

Also that is the coolest energia I've ever seen!!

Haha, the ball lives on :)

Thankyou on Energia.

Spaceview Corp. Banana Capsule.

d49357b30e.jpg

(But this is just me messing around, I wouldn't expect alternate colours for a while)

Edited by Beale

Bit of a backtrack at this point, but here's my Boctok 1 mission

http://youtu.be/hXshAcjGTNw

It's an unedited take, from launch to landing with only a few time warps so it's 23+ minutes long!

Great video! The ascent was performed extremly well! I'm glad you didn't allow MJ to restart Block D again (R-VII core).

I would, however, suggest using different music on launch (the Soviet anthem might be a bit too celebratory for the launch itself, might be better suited for 3rd stage seperation, while Yuri Karkarin has a look at his blue planet), the march of the rocket forces would be better, IMO (there are 2 of them actually...

) or even V put (
). Belaya Armiya, Cherniy Baron (
/
/
) and Svyaschennaya voyna (
) would work aswell, but they're tied to the Russian Civil War and the 2nd WW...

Block D again

Ermm... It is not Blok-D, it is Blok-A. B-V-G-D-Bloks are radial attachment boosters.

So, now about music. Military music? I really don't think it is correctly. There are tonns of space soviet songs!

Òûðôøüøр âрþшøý - çõтырýðôцðть üøýут ôþ ÑÂтðртð (Vladimir Troshin - Fourteen minutes before the launch)

This song is from the soviet film - Planet of Storms (ßûðýõтð ñурь). DINOSAURS ON THE SURFACE OF VENUS!!!

îрøù ÓуÃȄÂõò - ×ýðùтõ, úðúøü þý ÿðрýõü ñыû! (Have no idea how to translate it!)