[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Ermm... It is not Blok-D, it is Blok-A. B-V-G-D-Bloks are radial attachment boosters.

I'm sorry! I had that weird brainfart that the core was inserted between the radials, ofcourse the radials were built around the core. Rep added.

And thanks for the videos/songs!

So, now about music. Military music? I really don't think it is correctly. There are tonns of space soviet songs!

Òûðôøüøр âрþшøý - çõтырýðôцðть üøýут ôþ ÑÂтðртð (Vladimir Troshin - Fourteen minutes before the launch)

This song is from the soviet film - Planet of Storms (ßûðýõтð ñурь). DINOSAURS ON THE SURFACE OF VENUS!!!

îрøù ÓуÃȄÂõò - ×ýðùтõ, úðúøü þý ÿðрýõü ñыû! (Have no idea how to translate it!)

The first song that came into my mind:

ãýôõрòуô -- Óðóðрøý, ѠòðѠûюñøûð

Underwood -- Gagarin, Ya Vas Lyubila

(Gagarin, I loved you)

BTW, what about Tangerine? Nice ambient electronic music

Hey Beale, check that out:

nA4Z894.jpg?extra=xSW1HVg6O8k_Uv88YJGzXqIBHCekFhTiJDzZx5-eiOElPtwn3tllCrbLZXlv9rk3Z67tUEY0iYDwS4TM_0rM6m35X4hRj4M

Edited by Niemand303

Are you going to repost the beta Fuji with the solar panels?

I think he ought to wait for .90 to roll out to release his newer stuff. Plus, he'll be able to resolve any unlikely conflicts Tantares has with .90.

Beale,

Should we expect just Fuji in the next release, or are you waiting to get finished with Energia as well to update the releases?

Also, will Energia be sized appropriately to support a Buran made of the new .90 MkIII Spaceplane parts? Great work, as always. :)

Are you going to repost the beta Fuji with the solar panels?

Sure, when I finish my work :)

A lot of cool music coming out the woodwork, thankyou, and SnowWhite and Dimovski also!

The launcher image, the last three rows are pure gold. Great inspiration.

Thanks!

I think he ought to wait for .90 to roll out to release his newer stuff. Plus, he'll be able to resolve any unlikely conflicts Tantares has with .90.

Beale,

Should we expect just Fuji in the next release, or are you waiting to get finished with Energia as well to update the releases?

Also, will Energia be sized appropriately to support a Buran made of the new .90 MkIII Spaceplane parts? Great work, as always. :)

Thanks! :)

Yeah for sure, "actual" release of Fuji will wait 0.90.

Energia:

It will be separate from Tantares - Should be pretty nicely scaled to 0.90 MkIII parts. (Though only Porkjet and Squad know the absolute measurements at the moment)

The separation means I may get around to the N-1 at some point, some day.

Erm, I apologise if I am being scant with some of the Energia details. A self-imposed NDA, if you will :wink:

But, we will see more later.

Edited by Beale

FUJI Beta3

As promised, here it is.

So consider this a "pretty much complete" iteration of the Fuji / Polaris.

Aside from one more minor part.

What I'm interested in feedback.

• Right level of torque?
  • Mass of the part, correct and balanced?
  • Fuel, Engines, Delta-V?
  • Actually being somewhat useful?
  • Solar cells, overpowered?

What might and probably will change...

• 'Polaris' printed on the side of OM
  • Solar cell nerf
  • "slight" increase in fuel amounts
  • Heatshield Decoupler (Doh! Forgot this)

A vague benchmark for the Fuji was the ability to make lunar orbit and return. This should be able to do that (In the Kerbal sized system). But, I am not the best pilot.

Enjoy! :)

b4379648cd.jpg

Edited by Beale

I just strapped the Polaris onto my standard LKO rocket and tried to reach Mun orbit. Didn't quite make it and had tu use RCS. Guess I have a Munar orbital laboratory now.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The torque seemed fine, could even be lowered a bit imo.

I'm not really good with balancing either so I don't know about the other stuff.

The Mun orbit and return should be possible I think, my testflight wasn't quite perfect.

I hope you don't mind me stealing the color of the heatshield :>

Edited by Socke

Beale, can you make an alternative version of FUJI (may be with modular OM) with 1.25m docking port placeholders?

I am not quite sure what you mean?

Do you mean a double size Fuji?

I just strapped the Polaris onto my standard LKO rocket and tried to reach Mun orbit. Didn't quite make it and had tu use RCS. Gues I have a Munar orbital laboratory now.

http://imgur.com/a/aA2jv

The torque seemed fine, could even be lowered a bit imo.

I'm not really good with balancing either so I don't know about the other stuff.

The Mun orbit and return should be possible I think, my testflight wasn't quite perfect.

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback, great, it will be helpful.

I do think the trans-munar capabilities don't leave much in the way of margin of error. Erm, I'll take a look.

I think a drop of more fuel will make it more capable (Plus the tank doesn't hold that much currently, considering it's fairly large size).

I hope you don't mind me stealing the color of the heatshield :>

Not at all, haha!

I would love to see more burgundy parts.

Would you like the original .PSD texture?

I am not quite sure what you mean?

Do you mean a double size Fuji?

No! I think, it now bigger than needed! :)

XhLyYca.png?1

Or not bigger than needed...:D

Added later:

Hm, Beale, how do you think about bigger (something about 0.8m - 1m) docking port for TANTARES pack? Can you make it?

Edited by Lexx Thai

No! I think, it now bigger than needed! :)

http://i.imgur.com/XhLyYca.png?1

Or not bigger than needed...:D

Added later:

Hm, Beale, how do you think about bigger (something about 0.8m - 1m) docking port for TANTARES pack? Can you make it?

Ok!

I see what you mean now.

Beh... I'm not so sure. It would not then just be a flatter Mk1-2 pod?

The bigger docking port, there was one added in the last update:

a65b91517d.jpg

But, it was only compatible to dock with smaller ports (0.625m).

I think a general 1.25m docking port could be good. But I will wait to make a craft that requires such a part.

Random bit:

I found the original Fuji, hiding in my file system. :blush:

0be6d6a9c6.jpg

Edited by Beale

Hey Beale, I've finished Almach/Vostock RO config, tomorrow I'll upload the 0.3 update with Vega/Salyut patches too. I realised after that a Vostok third stage can be kinda useful. Until I find out how to add parts via MM, at least. I've tried to make it today with a flattened Almach engine, but failed miserably, it didn't appeared at all. :c

Thanks to your awesome pack I have nothing to worry about in terms of winning a space race in any sort of competitions with my friends :3

Edited by Niemand303

I was thinking, maybe to give Polaris a bit of science functionality to utilize that "roomy" OM. Maybe you could fit some material science bays or some mystery goo containers in there? It would be cool if the Kervant module was a mobile processing lab, as well.

Beale, I have some concerns about the Fuji:

As you can see below, there is a significant vertical offset between the center of mass and the RCS thrusters' plane:

6iWahwA.png

The optimum placement of RCS thrusters is so that the RCS thrusters, as a single object, act through the center of mass. When there is an offset, problems can occur when using the thrusters, especially during docking maneuvers, since the incorrectly-placed thrusters can make the spacecraft rotate in addition to translating.

The solution to this would be eliminating the offset, either by adding linear thrusters on the lower half of the OM, or changing the mass distribution among the parts so that the offset is reduced or eliminated.

As for the Fuji without the OM, there is still an offset, but not as bad as with the OM:

nhf5GaE.png

Hey Beale, I've finished Almach/Vostock RO config, tomorrow I'll upload the 0.3 update with Vega/Salyut patches too. I realised after that a Vostok third stage can be kinda useful. Until I find out how to add parts via MM, at least. I've tried to make it today with a flattened Almach engine, but failed miserably, it didn't appeared at all. :c

Thanks to your awesome pack I have nothing to worry about in terms of winning a space race in any sort of competitions with my friends :3

Great!

You're storming ahead with this RO stuff! :D

So Vostok third stage. I have in mind single tank, RD-109-alike 54.5 kN, and erm there are 4 auxillary engines? I cannot find a lot of info :sealed:

I was thinking, maybe to give Polaris a bit of science functionality to utilize that "roomy" OM. Maybe you could fit some material science bays or some mystery goo containers in there? It would be cool if the Kervant module was a mobile processing lab, as well.

Hmm, I think there is a danger of it being un-balanced. Given it is already much lighter than a stock crew tube, science functionality on top of that would be even more.

On the Kervant, I do agree. In fact, it should already, but it was cut out because of an annoying bug.

Beale, I have some concerns about the Fuji:

As you can see below, there is a significant vertical offset between the center of mass and the RCS thrusters' plane:

http://i.imgur.com/6iWahwA.png

The optimum placement of RCS thrusters is so that the RCS thrusters, as a single object, act through the center of mass. When there is an offset, problems can occur when using the thrusters, especially during docking maneuvers, since the incorrectly-placed thrusters can make the spacecraft rotate in addition to translating.

The solution to this would be eliminating the offset, either by adding linear thrusters on the lower half of the OM, or changing the mass distribution among the parts so that the offset is reduced or eliminated.

As for the Fuji without the OM, there is still an offset, but not as bad as with the OM:

http://i.imgur.com/nhf5GaE.png

Gotcha! Thanks for the detailed feedback :)

For the "Full configuration" I think yeah it is required there for RCS on the OM.

The small offset on the basic configuration, I think is manageable, with the torque the capsule provides.

Given I am adding more fuel to fuel tank, it should be dead on the centre of mass afterwards.

Edited by Beale

Great!

Your storming ahead with this RO stuff! :D

So Vostok third stage. I have in mind single tank, RD-109-alike 54.5 kN, and erm there are 4 auxillary engines? I cannot find a lot of info :sealed:

Well, here is the photo of RD-109 not in its natural habitat:

z_a8c4bbb6.jpg

About those verniers: there is a lot of mystery I've found about Vostock/Luna and its upper stages (and some satellites in late 60s), but basically Russian wiki tells us that the vernier thrusters on Block "E" existed and were fed by main thruster exhausts.

Well, here is the photo of RD-109 not in its natural habitat:

http://cs9937.vk.com/u31507508/141552878/z_a8c4bbb6.jpg

About those verniers: there is a lot of mystery I've found about Vostock/Luna and its upper stages (and some satellites in late 60s), but basically Russian wiki tells us that the vernier thrusters on Block "E" existed and were fed by main thruster exhausts.

Thanks for the info!

Well it seems there will be room for a bit of artistic licence on the 0109! :)

Ok!

I see what you mean now.

Beh... I'm not so sure. It would not then just be a flatter Mk1-2 pod?

It's not a problem. In most cases we already have several "copies" of some pods.

The bigger docking port, there was one added in the last update:

http://puu.sh/dthMj/a65b91517d.jpg

But, it was only compatible to dock with smaller ports (0.625m).

It's not bigger docking port, it's just standard small port with conic adapter.

I think a general 1.25m docking port could be good. But I will wait to make a craft that requires such a part.

HA! I think, if you make the 1m (that size better for your mod) port, Niemand303 or someone else build proper craft (ISS-like station already posted).

Random bit:

I found the original Fuji, hiding in my file system. :blush:

http://puu.sh/dti8e/0be6d6a9c6.jpg

WANT IT! NOW!

If you split OM into two seperate models - cylinder and cone, I will love you even bigger. :D

Did anyone say N-I? Turns out with a bit of .cfg tinkering you can make a N-IF out of a N-I. And then you can make N-III(F)s and N-II(F)s...

n8Lm4OQ.jpg

Interestingly enough, they fly really well in RSS. Only used up something like 40 units of monoprop during ascent.

BTW, I was searching info about the Proton fairings and found out they cost approximately 30 million dollars, so if someone would want to buy them you're welcome. :D

http://ecoruspace.me/%D0%9E%D0%B1%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8+%D0%A0%D0%9D+%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BD-%D0%9C.html

Well, as I haven't found any good possibilities to remove mass from fairings, Salyut will be slightly lighter than IRL, otherwise it won't make it to orbit. I've also found an awful lot of mistakes in Proton and I'll gradually introduce fixes, so, in a three or four hours I'll present the new version, with blackjack Salyut and Vostok. Although, some help with solar panels would be welcome.

Edited by Niemand303

It's not a problem. In most cases we already have several "copies" of some pods.

A fair point. Ehm, when I am looking at alternate OMs, I will have a look at an alternate CM as well :)

Hey Beale, do you remember N-1-chan? Well...

http://cs625322.vk.me/v625322231/109d5/Tuz9XtD9o3A.jpg

She'll be watching you! ( á° Üʖ á°)

Oh my...

Hah! I love it. who ever has drawn this, they have some talent.

Y-you t-too, N-1 Chan ( á° Üʖ á°)

Oh goodness! I feel like this should be inside the Fuji OM ;)

:rolleyes:

I think so, another bit of paper taped to the wall.

Did anyone say N-I? Turns out with a bit of .cfg tinkering you can make a N-IF out of a N-I. And then you can make N-III(F)s and N-II(F)s...

http://i.imgur.com/n8Lm4OQ.jpg

Interestingly enough, they fly really well in RSS. Only used up something like 40 units of monoprop during ascent.

Very nice!

What mod is this N1 from, Bobcat? I do rather like it.

Well, as I haven't found any good possibilities to remove mass from fairings, Salyut will be slightly lighter than IRL, otherwise it won't make it to orbit. I've also found an awful lot of mistakes in Proton and I'll gradually introduce fixes, so, in a three or four hours I'll present the new version, with blackjack Salyut and Vostok. Although, some help with solar panels would be welcome.

Ah, I wish I could help.

But, I'm sure it will be great any way!

Edited by Beale