[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Was there ever a config for RSS, or was I just making that up? (Thread search sucks)

Yeah, I've made a config for Realism Overhaul, but it is removed from new version of Tantares since it will appear in new RO version. Until then, I can upload the configs to dropbox.

EDIT: Here they are, the newesest (yeah, sometimes I need to make up words) version of configs, with Soyuz (launcher and spaceship), Proton, Salyut and Vostok.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s8guay1z076wiq/RO_Tantares%2BLV.zip?dl=0

Edited by Niemand303

Yeah, I like a realistic ATV more than a cardboard one.

Yeah, I've made a config for Realism Overhaul, but it is removed from new version of Tantares since it will appear in new RO version. Until then, I can upload the configs to dropbox.

EDIT: Here they are, the newesest (yeah, sometimes I need to make up words) version of configs, with Soyuz (launcher and spaceship), Proton, Salyut and Vostok.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s8guay1z076wiq/RO_Tantares%2BLV.zip?dl=0

Yesssss, I am going to have way too much fun with this.

Real Fuels doesn't appear to be playing nicely with the Almach. RCS won't transfer from the little spheroid tanks to the engine (the Vos-909,) so you have to use a full sized RCS tank, which totally kills the TWR/ISP.

I wasn't sure if this was an issue to post in the RF topic or here...I figured I'd post it here first.

Real Fuels doesn't appear to be playing nicely with the Almach. RCS won't transfer from the little spheroid tanks to the engine (the Vos-909,) so you have to use a full sized RCS tank, which totally kills the TWR/ISP.

I wasn't sure if this was an issue to post in the RF topic or here...I figured I'd post it here first.

This is by design I think. They change monoprop to... well, not monoprop. You'd need crossfeedenabler (I don't have the link handy) on the tanks most likely to make it work.

The same issue happens in stock for LFO radial tanks, for what it's worth.

I think the right place is in the stockalike fuels thread, but its a tossup; it's more of a tank issue so that goes to RF... but it's a tantares so it goes here... Gahhh :P

Actually, you can use the fuel lines (I don't remember how they're called). It may need though to enable the colliders in the config.

This is by design I think. They change monoprop to... well, not monoprop. You'd need crossfeedenabler (I don't have the link handy) on the tanks most likely to make it work.

The same issue happens in stock for LFO radial tanks, for what it's worth.

I think the right place is in the stockalike fuels thread, but its a tossup; it's more of a tank issue so that goes to RF... but it's a tantares so it goes here... Gahhh :P

Ah, thanks! I'll give that a try.

Actually, you can use the fuel lines (I don't remember how they're called). It may need though to enable the colliders in the config.

That would sort of negate the point of having it as a super-early manned mod, though.

Ah, thanks! I'll give that a try.

That would sort of negate the point of having it as a super-early manned mod, though.

Ah, I see it. I totally forgot about this one, because I never play career. So, I guess, the only way is to use CrosfeedEnabler.

I have discovered a bug that makes KSP loading stop Tantares - Tavio-SD4 part's textures and using ActiveTextureManagement.

Therefore I made a config to make ATM not compress TantaresLV folder

Here for people who have the same problem

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = TantaresLV
enabled = false
}

So, make a notepad file, copypaste the above and save it as .cfg file.

Put it in \GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs\

And load KSP.

Cheers, flamerboy67664

Nice! :cool:

actually I was at work when this conversation happened and would like to throw my hat in with the cardboard faction as its much more kerbal. :wink:

We can be plenty "Kerbal" with some of the other clutter, I think I have found something else suitable... :)

Here's something I've been doing...

Launch on board a Proton

http://i.imgur.com/jtQ7U63.png

The station is in a polar orbit so it will have an oppurtunity to photograph every spot on Kerbin

http://i.imgur.com/55uMO4g.png

Almaz in orbit. A three member crew will be sent on a TKS for a two month expedition.

http://i.imgur.com/TymWp8L.png

The station has several cameras on board for top secret photoreconnaissance.

Really nice! :D

I have not seen an Almaz, for a while i think.

Makes me want to make the Almaz solar panels...

Merry Christmas, Western Komrades! :)

Fly safe! ©®™ SM

http://cs14111.vk.me/c625216/v625216511/113ad/g8WKPUQYDQk.jpg

Ѡýþòыü óþôþü ! :)

Ah, alright. Well, if it's okay I went ahead and wrote a CLS config for anyone who would like to use it, I just went off how I think the modules should work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icnr9lf217115ae/Tantares_Extra_CLS.cfg?dl=0

Feel free to add it to the OP and I'll maintain it for each update if you'd like.

Ooh!

Okay, thankyou very much for this. :)

Ehm, I will take a look when available!

How about some spare EVA thrusters strategically placed?

The clutter: whatever texture space will allow :)

Alternative: I believe you can change the engine logic to require fuel either by STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH or ALL_VESSEL (Or whatever the correct names are), so maybe it is just needed to modify that (If this is possible for RCS, I know it is possible for engines) :)

I have discovered a bug that makes KSP loading stop Tantares - Tavio-SD4 part's textures and using ActiveTextureManagement.

Therefore I made a config to make ATM not compress TantaresLV folder

Here for people who have the same problem

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = TantaresLV
enabled = false
}

So, make a notepad file, copypaste the above and save it as .cfg file.

Put it in \GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs\

And load KSP.

Cheers, flamerboy67664

So, this must be the bug that AppleDavidJeans was experiencing!

Very odd, how did you discover this?

Either way, many thanks, a great help, I will try contact the author of ATM to include this. :)

So, this must be the bug that AppleDavidJeans was experiencing!

Very odd, how did you discover this?

Either way, many thanks, a great help, I will try contact the author of ATM to include this. :)

I discovered this bug when I made a clean-separate from my primary install and was frustrated because KSP didn't continue loading in TavioSD4 tank's textures.

Anyways thanks for the rep :P:)

Cheers, flamerboy67664

P.S. can we have a Blok-D upperstage for the ALV/Proton? :P

Block-D.jpg

Edited by flamerboy67664

P.S. can we have a Blok-D upperstage for the ALV/Proton? :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Block-D.jpg

It is planned :)

Along with Proton refurb.

As for the ATV IVA, a little note saying something like "Stacked this side up"

Before another saying: "Donut repair kit" :wink:.

Hah! I like these ideas.

Tutorial Stuff

Part 4 is now available!

This will take you through the setup of unity and getting your part in the game.

The tutorial series is more or less complete now.

For part 5, it will cover "Misc" stuff, I still need to decide what exactly it will cover.

Enjoy!

Ѡýþòыü óþôþü ! :)

Thanks Beale! :)

I'm currently recreating historical and some of the cancelled projects, it's 1966 and your 1.875 Alnair crew cans are just fine for my MOL/Gemini-B recreation! :)

wLJE7X0blys.jpg

XMngM3rlwWU.jpg

Have good holidays! :)

Christmas, New Year... Too mainstream:kiss:! Let we celebrate "Decembrist Uprising", happened 189 years ago(the 26th December of 1825).

Kolman_decembrists.jpg

It's also interesting that true "Soyuz"-rocket takes off in 25 minutes with the livestream!:cool:

http://www.federalspace.ru/317/

iki9pQxHeDw.jpg

In da orbit now.

U8EB3aJEJc8.jpg

àþÑÂúþÑÂüþѠýõ üþöõт ò ðшôø.

Edited by SnowWhite