[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

@Beale, on GRAU indexes, here is a small 101:

first 1 or 2 numbers -- number of the department:

8**** - RVSN - Strategic Missile Troops (R-7 early modifications, Proton, everything before 1965)

11****, 14*** - GUKOS - Space Forces (Soyuz, N-1, everything from 1965)

letter - type of equipment:

A and K - rockets (i don't understand the difference, in my suggestion A for "avtomat"/"automaton", unmanned, and K for "korabl'"/"ship", man-rated, but Soyuz is indexed A for some reason, so I don't think that is true)

D/Æ- engines

L/̉ۼ - on-board control systems and avionics (I think about using that for probe cores and RCS parts)

S/á - stages (maybe for fuel tanks?)

F/ä - for 8*** indexes it's nuclear engines, for 11*** it's spaceships

second number is Design Bureau:

2, 3 - with 11* it was Energia stuff

5, 7, 9 - Korolyov's OKB-1 (Tantares Space Technologies?)

8 - Chelomei's OKB-52 (the Alnair DB could use this index)

and then the serial number of izdeliye:

8ÃÅ¡71 - R-7

8ÃÅ¡72K - Vostok

8ÃÅ¡78 - Molniya

8ÃÅ¡82(K/KM) - Proton with 2 stages (3 stages)

11ÃÂ52 - N-1

11ÃÂ53 - N-11

11ÃÂ54 - N-111

11ÃÂ57 - Voskhod

11ÃÂ511(L/K/M/U/FG/U-2) - "Soyuz" in different modifications

11ÃÅ¡25 - Energia

11ÃÅ¡77 - Zenit

11ÃÅ¡87 - UR-700

14ÃÂ14 - Soyuz-2

11L929 - Igla docking system

11F35 - Buran

11F615 - Soyuz (old)

11F715 - Salyut

11F72 - TKS

11F732 - Soyuz (modern)

11F77(D/I/O/T) - base Mir module and its other modules

11F93 - LOK

11F94 - LK

So I think if you make the prefixes like this, it will still work in the new interfaces. :)

Unfortunately, the only "Angara" indexes I could find were related to the 37-mm AA cannons. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that was quick :o

The latter, it is actually orientating itself perfectly as long as FAR is installed. The parachutes just heat up at a rate comparable to the heatshield - and burn up before the capsule slows down enough for deploying them. I wonder though, surely there are people playing this in RO, they should also have had the issue... Weirdness ._.

Hm, when I tested the configs I haven't found anything like this. Thanks for bug report, I'll investigate it and add an active heatshield to the chute so it won't destroy itself.

Edited by Niemand303

Myself, no problems I found with DR, I'm sorry to say :(

I do not know what to suggest other than maaaybe re-install mods, but that's like a default response, it could be anything.

No need to be sorry at all, I just wanted to see if it was reproducible for other people before doing *yet another* one of those nasty bug hunts. Thanks for your help :)!

Radial parachutes are incredibly vulnerable during reentry. The only solutions are to hide them behind something, or to clip them into the base. The offset tool is handy for this; you can stic k them within the body of your craft/rocket/etc. It may seem like a cheap trick, but it's actually more realistic; real parachutes are not stuck on the outside of rockets, planes, etc.

Oh I know that, problem is: the parachute is not radially attached. It is where you would expect it, behind the heatshield, yet still burning up.

EDIT:

Alright, reproducible on a clean install for me. It seems to be an issue with the heatshield, I made some screenshots to clarify. Hopefully it helps. Using one of DR's heatshields below the one from the capsule does what it should, as soon as that one gets jettisoned though, the parachute heats up immediately.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Tellion

@Beale, on GRAU indexes, here is a small 101:

first 1 or 2 numbers -- number of the department:

8**** - RVSN - Strategic Missile Troops (R-7 early modifications, Proton, everything before 1965)

11****, 14*** - GUKOS - Space Forces (Soyuz, N-1, everything from 1965)

letter - type of equipment:

A and K - rockets (i don't understand the difference, in my suggestion A for "avtomat"/"automaton", unmanned, and K for "korabl'"/"ship", man-rated, but Soyuz is indexed A for some reason, so I don't think that is true)

D/Æ- engines

L/̉ۼ - on-board control systems and avionics (I think about using that for probe cores and RCS parts)

S/á - stages (maybe for fuel tanks?)

F/ä - for 8*** indexes it's nuclear engines, for 11*** it's spaceships

second number is Design Bureau:

2, 3 - with 11* it was Energia stuff

5, 7, 9 - Korolyov's OKB-1 (Tantares Space Technologies?)

8 - Chelomei's OKB-52 (the Alnair DB could use this index)

and then the serial number of izdeliye:

8ÃÅ¡71 - R-7

8ÃÅ¡72K - Vostok

8ÃÅ¡78 - Molniya

8ÃÅ¡82(K/KM) - Proton with 2 stages (3 stages)

11ÃÂ52 - N-1

11ÃÂ53 - N-11

11ÃÂ54 - N-111

11ÃÂ57 - Voskhod

11ÃÂ511(L/K/M/U/FG/U-2) - "Soyuz" in different modifications

11ÃÅ¡25 - Energia

11ÃÅ¡77 - Zenit

11ÃÅ¡87 - UR-700

14ÃÂ14 - Soyuz-2

11L929 - Igla docking system

11F35 - Buran

11F615 - Soyuz (old)

11F715 - Salyut

11F72 - TKS

11F732 - Soyuz (modern)

11F77(D/I/O/T) - base Mir module and its other modules

11F93 - LOK

11F94 - LK

So I think if you make the prefixes like this, it will still work in the new interfaces. :)

Unfortunately, the only "Angara" indexes I could find were related to the 37-mm AA cannons. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, when I tested the configs I haven't found anything like this. Thanks for bug report, I'll investigate it and add an active heatshield to the chute so it won't destroy itself.

As usual you have the expertise in these things :)

Pretty cool, I will probably adjust the TKS names to fit this format!

Many thanks!

No need to be sorry at all, I just wanted to see if it was reproducible for other people before doing *yet another* one of those nasty bug hunts. Thanks for your help :)!

Oh I know that, problem is: the parachute is not radially attached. It is where you would expect it, behind the heatshield, yet still burning up.

EDIT:

Alright, reproducible on a clean install for me. It seems to be an issue with the heatshield, I made some screenshots to clarify. Hopefully it helps. Using one of DR's heatshields below the one from the capsule does what it should, as soon as that one gets jettisoned though, the parachute heats up immediately.

http://imgur.com/a/6sYgZ

Okay... Odd.

Really odd.

What version of module manager do you have?

Also:

Do you usually place the parachute like that? It should be popped up a bit, that could possible cause that.

Oh, and one another crazy idea, Chelomei's MTK-VP on top of the N-1:

http://s55.radikal.ru/i147/0809/52/942005c4b7ce.jpg

EDIT: found GRAU index for light Angara, the 1.2 version: 14ÃÂ125

Even more crazy!

More reason to have an N-I...

25d8ea1246.jpg

EDIT:

http://imgur.com/a/6sYgZ

Are you sure you installed parachutes correctly? It seems that you have attached them by their upper node, which may cause DRE or FAR to see the chute unprotected,

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I've found a bunch of space-related posters, and there is one about PPTS, the writing says "There are new tasks for new ships":

SiXYnzKA6Uk.jpg

More are here: http://spiritius.net/art/posters.html

What version of module manager do you have?

Also:

Do you usually place the parachute like that? It should be popped up a bit, that could possible cause that.

2.5.8 on that install, and since 2.5.9 was just abo ut loading speed it is most likely not that :3

Interesting that you note that, I wondered a bit as well, but I cannot place it any differently in the editor without using offset. The same setup with one of the stock chutes exhibits the same fault though, so it is most likely not that either :(

Edit: okay, I misplaced the parachute and that seems to matter, mea culpa on that one :|

So apparently, that makes a difference for FAR/DRE, and I feel stupid now. Sorry for having wasted your time :D

And big thanks for clearing that up!

Edited by Tellion

BTW, I've found a bunch of space-related posters, and there is one about PPTS, the writing says "There are new tasks for new ships":

http://cs616618.vk.me/v616618511/1d39e/SiXYnzKA6Uk.jpg

More are here: http://spiritius.net/art/posters.html

Ooh! These are great.

I feel obliged to use them somehow...

973d774c86.jpg

2.5.8 on that install, and since 2.5.9 was just about loading speed it is most likely not that :3

Interesting that you note that, I wondered a bit as well, but I cannot place it any differently in the editor without using offset. The same setup with one of the stock chutes exhibits the same fault though, so it is most likely not that either :(

Probably not MM then.

But yes, the chute can be a bit tricky to place being so thin, but, it should be not too hard. This could be an RO problem.

In a nutshell: I think it is because you need to place the parachute from the bottom, this is causing the problems.

I hope this helps! :)

2.5.8 on that install, and since 2.5.9 was just about loading speed it is most likely not that :3

You may address directly to me too, since I'm the one who made those configs. :)

The parachutes should be installed like this:

e83a0dc224.jpg

What is that? It kinda looks like Spektr.

It is! :)

58266765d2.jpg

Well, a Spektr, Gemini crossover.

Basically: the old Spektr was boring and not very useful.

The new one: You can make some cool little things maybe.

You were right, that was the issue. I did not know that FAR and/or DRE were picky about these things, so thanks alot for clearing that up!

Good! I am glad.

Edited by Beale

It is! :)

Well, a Spektr, Gemini crossover.

Basically: the old Spektr was boring and not very useful.

The new one: You can make some cool little things maybe.

sort of looks like the soviet spacecraft from "you only live twice"

SpectreRocket34.jpg

Minus that ssto alligator thing behind it

Now i must build that thing.......... for stuff

Muhahahahahaha! *strokes cat

Edited by gooddog15

Wow, nice lander designs! :)

They are kind of insect-like, especially with the old cockpit with the "compound eyes".

The new design is Spektr-yffyk. :cool:

Punny :rolleyes:

How many Kerbals will the new Spektr have? Three like the old one?

Yeah, I think three, or two. :)

Given its size, it could seat... 5? But, that is a little OP for a 1.875m capsule IMO.

c70d74b4fc.jpg

b9ddb72a99.jpg

sort of looks like the soviet spacecraft from "you only live twice"

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/SpectreRocket34.jpg

Minus that ssto alligator thing behind it

Now i must build that thing.......... for stuff

Muhahahahahaha! *strokes cat

Wow, that is a pretty close resemblance.

Well, I have a movie to watch now!

Something strange with the Tantares_Port_B, the model seems to disappear or to sink inside the ship. I've tried to make Zarya with the new parts and all the ports disappeared, while it worked fine in the VAB.

That is unfortunate... :(

I am unable to reproduce, hmm, got any pics?

80b9e012dc.jpg

e858f55965.jpg

I'd say two Kerbonauts in the Spektr sounds about right. Two makes it just viable enough to use as a command pod. If you want to justify it's larger size, but fewer kerbals, pack it full of batteries. I feel like it'd be well balanced if it were a bit heavier than most modules, and provided more power as per its IRL counterpart.

Whenever alternate textures come to be in the distant future, Spekter needs a decent-sized dent, and a bit of Progress paint on it. :wink: Poor, abused, unlucky Spektr...

I'd say two Kerbonauts in the Spektr sounds about right. Two makes it just viable enough to use as a command pod. If you want to justify it's larger size, but fewer kerbals, pack it full of batteries. I feel like it'd be well balanced if it were a bit heavier than most modules, and provided more power as per its IRL counterpart.

Whenever alternate textures come to be in the distant future, Spekter needs a decent-sized dent, and a bit of Progress paint on it. :wink: Poor, abused, unlucky Spektr...

Yeah, I agree here (the batteries)

Also deliberating on whether to give it a heatshield.

Also, it already does have progress paint on it! Luckily they're both the exact same shade of gray! :wink:

Here is the pic:

c70cc17fea.jpg

I noticed a strange thing: 1st scene, VAB, I attach like it by the bottom node, like it should be and I load it to the launchpad. Then, it appears to be sunk in the craft like it is attached by the upper node. I revert back to VAB and THERE it is attached by the upper node. I reattach the port like it should be and load once again. It worked fine. I reversed back and it's still in good position. Very weird bug.

This is the GameData folder:

f038af7c2e.png

EDIT: Tested with docking probe and stock ports, everything works. Looked through the configs line by line comparing them - A and B ports are almost identical, so that shouldn't be the case.

Edited by Niemand303

Here is the pic:

http://puu.sh/fnfcx/c70cc17fea.jpg

I noticed a strange thing: 1st scene, VAB, I attach like it by the bottom node, like it should be and I load it to the launchpad. Then, it appears to be sunk in the craft like it is attached by the upper node. I revert back to VAB and THERE it is attached by the upper node. I reattach the port like it should be and load once again. It worked fine. I reversed back and it's still in good position. Very weird bug.

This is the GameData folder:

http://puu.sh/fnfJ9/f038af7c2e.png

EDIT: Tested with docking probe and stock ports, everything works. Looked through the configs line by line comparing them - A and B ports are almost identical, so that shouldn't be the case.

So, it is working now?

That is a really odd one. When you mentioned it for sure the first thing I did was check the configs, as you say all seems well.

In Unity, the transform setups are also identical.

I can only say: this is a result of inherent Unity/KSP weirdness... :(

Hey! I use the old Spektr as a nuclear reactor!

Does it do that...?

I think I did not put so much love into the old Spektr, I cannot even remember what it does...

AB Launchers

hoojiwana's beautiful 5m parts are now in game, development is ramping up!

I urge you to check it out here! /Shameless self promotion

4f44a97468.jpg

Also: As this new Tantares release will make most of the screenshot gallery outdated, if you have any particular pretty pictures, I'd be happy to feature them!

Edited by Beale

AB Launchers

http://puu.sh/fnFBB/4f44a97468.jpg

Also: As this new Tantares release will make most of the screenshot gallery outdated, if you have any particular pretty pictures, I'd be happy to feature them!

Mmm... those FX are divine.

Brilliant job Hoojiwana! That brick effect is quite effective.

Mmm... those FX are divine.

Brilliant job Hoojiwana! That brick effect is quite effective.

My own engines are sadly lacking the custom FX at the moment, expect more bright orange Kerosene-y engines.

But, indeed, the hydrogen FX are looking really snappy.

Also, Spektr Spec and lighting.

e68de19cde.jpg

8dd74f13e7.jpg

So, it is working now?

That is a really odd one. When you mentioned it for sure the first thing I did was check the configs, as you say all seems well.

In Unity, the transform setups are also identical.

I can only say: this is a result of inherent Unity/KSP weirdness... :(

I think I figured it out, the old docking port B wasn't deleted in that install, causing probably this mess. :)

AB Launchers

http://puu.sh/fnFBB/4f44a97468.jpg

This is brilliant! I can't help myself but to love it! I want to try it out so badly. :)

For the new pics, I think I can make a couple. :)