[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

The Soyuz Beta is up-to-date part size wise, so no glitchy problems.

What about TKS Beta parts, then? I'm desperately waiting for Tantares v15 - I wanted to build myself a nice-looking Mir, but this global TKS update is holding me back.

I might also provide craft files for Mir modules (in form of "Proton + respective module" and\or respective module subassembly. Craft files would definitely be dependent on ProcFairings, though - I just cannot design without them anymore!)

What about TKS Beta parts, then? I'm desperately waiting for Tantares v15 - I wanted to build myself a nice-looking Mir, but this global TKS update is holding me back.

I might also provide craft files for Mir modules (in form of "Proton + respective module" and\or respective module subassembly. Craft files would definitely be dependent on ProcFairings, though - I just cannot design without them anymore!)

Yep! TKS - no changes, it's safe to go.

Except - the current adapter plates, which have been renamed (sorry, had to be done!) Also, Spektr is now Crew_C, rather than Orbital_C.

So apart from these things: Any TKS craft made with the beta parts are safe.

Oh, I know what is also needed! A new video for the first page! I'll do it today with the screens.

Awesome! :cool:

That would be amazing.

Release

Hit a snag with some outstanding parts (Shenzou panels) which might delay things a bit I'm afraid.

Edit: Snag details, a few parts missing due to an oversight:

• 1.25m ports (Now TKS part)
  • 1.875m sleek adapters
  • Shenzou panels (1x2).

Edited by Beale

If you're going to do 1.25m ports, may I suggest doing the APAS-89, like on the Kristal module:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/Kristall_APAS_docking_mechanisms.jpg

Or maybe something like the hybrid docking port used on the ISS http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Passive_hybrid_docking_system_-_from_another_angle.jpg

I may have worded it wrong, by the 1.25m ports, I just mean the standard 0.625m Soyuz ports, but on a nicer 1.25m mounting plate.

For a "proper" 1.25m port, yeah I think APAS is best :)

Those're very very pretty. They'll find boatloads of use in my space program!

(PS:Burya finnaly completed it's 1st succesful test flight!)

Nice :) (I want to see pictures!)

Also, I think you requested the "smooth" adapter

7605fa91de.jpg

Beautiful new parts!

Can't wait for the release!

For the 1.25m port will it be possible with some animation to create a docking port that can tootle the "fins" position between APAS 89 and APAS 75?

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/65/APAS-75_docking_system_drawing.png

Many thanks! :)

The tootle I think will be possible (Using the same module as shielded docking port maybe).

If not, the fins could represent "on" and "off".

Yes! Glad that there's a smooth one. It's a great handy little part. Shaping up to be the best update yet Beale. Have you begun modeling the PPTS yet?

In a departure from the norm, SnowWhite is currently modelling the PPTS! It is coming great.

But, of course, too early to show much yet!

Tantares 15 Release

Beh, this must be the biggest update I have ever done!

I'm sure you will appreciate there may be bugs and dangers to existing craft, so let me know :)

Enjoy!

Sadly the cover photo feature of Kerbal Stuff is currently disabled, so the cover is out of date.

4568b6160c.jpg

Edit: LK is missing, fixing now.

Edit2: Fixed

Edited by Beale

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Beale strikes back!

Oh, and I forgot to update the RealFuel configs for the new TKS, since it has a cargo fuel tank now!

Wait, you mean that the new Tantares already have RO configs?

EDIT:

According to KerbalStuff we are already at version 15.3! Looks like you made some fast updates already!

Edited by ste1701

Triple hooray! Beale is putting so much effort into this mod! Every update brings so much awesome stuff. Oh, and I forgot to update the RealFuel configs for the new TKS, since it has a cargo fuel tank now!

Many thanks :)

Do not worry urgent for this: RF users will have some exotic "MonoPropellant" for a while.

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Beale strikes back!

EDIT:

According to KerbalStuff we are already at version 15.3! Looks like you made some fast updates already!

Thanks! :)

RO support is partial, but extremely well done! Thank Niemand303 for it.

And hehe, yes it has been a bit of a troubled update, I remember lots of small bugs suddenly.

I am about to update again now, with DRE compatibility for Spektr.

Also, there are some new goodies in the texture repo!

Edited by Beale

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Beale strikes back!

EDIT:

Yep, I updated the configs using the data from the Beta, but as the final release had some changes, I suggest changing PART[Alnair_Orbital_C] to PART [Alnair_Crew_C] and PART[Vega_Structural_*] to PART[Alnair_Structural_*] manually. When the time will come for LK release, it will have its config as well as PPTS and other new stuff. But htat doesn't mean that I will stop working on them in the meantime! I have yet ATV, Fobos and Cygnus to "realify". :)

Also, possibly it's only on my install, but RealChutes seems to mess with the resize part of configs, so I'd recommend disabling it or deleting the Tantares config from the RealChutes/ModuleManager folder.

Minor issues in latest release:

TK-OB10B orbital block description says it will carry 2 kerbals , part actually only seats one.

The spectre module is placed in the command pod category, but doesn't seem to have a "space" assigned - or for some other reason (I havent looked at the cfg) the crew members dont show up in the lower-right.

Edited by tjsnh

TK-OB10B orbital block description says it will carry 2 kerbals , part actually only seats one.

The spectre module is placed in the command pod category, but doesn't seem to have a "space" assigned - or for some other reason (I havent looked at the cfg) the crew members dont show up in the lower-right.

Spektr's IVA hasn't been created yet. Hopefully we will get some nice looking IVAs in the near future.

Congratulations on the release, Beale! I agree with the poster who said that Tantares can almost replace all of the stock rocket parts. Once AB Launchers is released then the Russian rocket family will be complet-ish. It'll only miss the N-1.

Congratulations on the release, Beale! I agree with the poster who said that Tantares can almost replace all of the stock rocket parts. Once AB Launchers is released then the Russian rocket family will be complet-ish. It'll only miss the N-1.

As I remember, Beale has already announced that he will work on N-1, so it really can replace all parts. God, I think I will even try doing it after the N-1 release! A Tantares-only game! Of course, with fairings from 1.0 or PF and airplane parts, but for the rockets stuff it would be Tantares, it's promising to be both challenging and very exciting. :)

Spektr's IVA hasn't been created yet. Hopefully we will get some nice looking IVAs in the near future.

Fixed, will upload new version in a moment (With Spekky fuel tank!).

Yep IVAs are pending.

Regarding Spektr, a quick journey to the Mun has highlighted some glaring problems (lack of science container, ship designation).

Stranded :(

ec967b05fb.jpg

I did get the whole complex to the Mun alone on the Energia stack, so I have that going for me.

b8a8e0bd02.jpg

Thanks! :)

Yes N-1 is on the agenda!

Yay! I think I'll do another Zarya mission tonight to say goodbye to the old parts. Stay tuned!

EDIT: but don't hold your breath.

I will wait :)

As I remember, Beale has already announced that he will work on N-1, so it really can replace all parts. God, I think I will even try doing it after the N-1 release! A Tantares-only game! Of course, with fairings from 1.0 or PF and airplane parts, but for the rockets stuff it would be Tantares, it's promising to be both challenging and very exciting. :)

This does sound intriguing! :cool:

Edit: Updated to 15.5

Edited by Beale

Considering you just released one of the greatest updates Tantares has seen so far, I feel like a terrible person for asking, but what's the word on decals for command pods, crew tanks, and fuel tanks?

Also, I'll see if I can get some really authentic craft files made in a little bit here. If you think they're up to snuff, feel free to use them. People frequently ask for .crafts for Tantares.

Considering you just released one of the greatest updates Tantares has seen so far, I feel like a terrible person for asking, but what's the word on decals for command pods, crew tanks, and fuel tanks?

Also, I'll see if I can get some really authentic craft files made in a little bit here. If you think they're up to snuff, feel free to use them. People frequently ask for .crafts for Tantares.

The decals: yes they were half done for some parts when I realised maybe a better way to do them. Will see soon.

Crafts are great! :)

Also, Soyuz Poll.

With N-1, I may re-visit some of the launcher colour schemes.

Because I feel: why not bring a little life into the grey, white and orange world? By adding military muddy-green

60b2fc5640.jpg0cfaf85870.jpg6251e007a6.jpgb4a17a4f4e.jpg

Edited by Beale