[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I am getting a bug where the T-RP return chute opens but does not slow the craft down

Beale said this two or tree pages back:

"Delete partdatabase.cfg in KSP main directory, forces game to calculate the parachute physics for this part again."

That works for me.

It's kind of like this ... Build a ship. Remember that the one really awesome part you need is in a mod that wasn't updated. Go get the old copy of the part and write a MM config so you can use it. Restart the game. Finish building the ship. Wonder if any more game breaking bugs have been found in your mods. Check the forum. Read several other threads you're subscribed to. Realize that your lunch break was over an hour ago. Get back to work. Finish work, check the forums. Remember you needed to flight test your ship. Start KSP. Remember that other really cool part you needed. Check the forum to see if that mod was updated yet. Repeat.

Although maybe that's me. YMMV. :D

Sounds....familiar.

Edited by Gristle

Beale, I have a quick question. When you updated your mod for 1.0+ did you have to rework the animation curves for the engine emissives? I'm updating my parts to 1.0 and despite the textures being there and oriented correctly the engines do not glow when I expect them to do so. The SRB nozzle begins to glow by the end of the burn so I think it's an issue with the curves, or the way heat works in 1.0, but I'm not sure.

Beale, your parachute fix works! :) Unfortunately the Gemini one at lease isn't strong enough to slow capsules down before they hit the water/ground and so they explode.

1.0.X may be awesome but it is doing a real job on the mods. 4 of my must haves aren't even updated yet.

1.0.X may be awesome but it is doing a real job on the mods. 4 of my must haves aren't even updated yet.

Pheh, yeah. This is stressing me out because it feels like Minecraft 1.8 (mods for that game's latest update are next to nil) all over again but with KSP this time. :( Hopefully things have settled down within a month.

Pheh' date=' yeah. This is stressing me out because it feels like Minecraft 1.8 (mods for that game's latest update are next to nil) all over again but with KSP this time. :( Hopefully things have settled down within a month.[/quote']

Not nearly as severe. I think it was 0.20 or 0.21 that broke practically every single mod, and it took a long time to get some of them updated - but compared to Minecraft, even that update was light on the mods.

Not nearly as severe. I think it was 0.20 or 0.21 that broke practically every single mod, and it took a long time to get some of them updated - but compared to Minecraft, even that update was light on the mods.

Probably .20, when they changed the file structure.

Tantares LV isn't compatible with 1.0.2 yet.

Should be!

Check KerbalStuff?

And welcome to the forums!

Beale, I have a quick question. When you updated your mod for 1.0+ did you have to rework the animation curves for the engine emissives? I'm updating my parts to 1.0 and despite the textures being there and oriented correctly the engines do not glow when I expect them to do so. The SRB nozzle begins to glow by the end of the burn so I think it's an issue with the curves, or the way heat works in 1.0, but I'm not sure.

Good find! :)

I had noticed some "dimness" with the engines, but wasn't so sure if I was just not hitting the throttle hard enough.

My best guess, it is linked to a higher heat now, so increase the brightness of the emissives? I am need to experiment with it.

Proton still doesn't have the new particle effects when lifting off the pad. It has something to do with a particular config being present, correct?

Just a module to the part config, I'll get around to it soon :)

Beale, your parachute fix works! :) Unfortunately the Gemini one at lease isn't strong enough to slow capsules down before they hit the water/ground and so they explode.

Try delete partdatabase.cfg? Or was that the fix you're referring to? :confused:

Should be working fine in the latest released version (Tested with every capsule).

Like Macklemore would say ... THIS IS F***ING AWESOME ! :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/Zwsfvnc.png

http://imgur.com/a/jli7j

I never crafted planes nor shuttles before the 1.0, and it took me hours to succeed, kerbals were harmed.

Proud ouf my kerpolev 144 :D

Very nice!

Concorde like! :)

It's kind of like this ... Build a ship. Remember that the one really awesome part you need is in a mod that wasn't updated. Go get the old copy of the part and write a MM config so you can use it. Restart the game. Finish building the ship. Wonder if any more game breaking bugs have been found in your mods. Check the forum. Read several other threads you're subscribed to. Realize that your lunch break was over an hour ago. Get back to work. Finish work, check the forums. Remember you needed to flight test your ship. Start KSP. Remember that other really cool part you needed. Check the forum to see if that mod was updated yet. Repeat.

Although maybe that's me. YMMV. :D

Perhaps I'm not missing much :P

Probably .20, when they changed the file structure.

That was a wonderful change, but a bit chaotic is was yes! :)

So, I know everyone is on the topic of bugs and stuff, but I've got to know. What happened to that APAS?

It has suffered update-syndrome and gone to hide in a corner somewhere. When things settle down it'll get the attention it needs.

Oh, oh! Can I play with it? I could probably fix it some how. Plus as my favourite mod on the entirety of the forum, I want to contribute something!

I'm afraid I haven't got it in game yet.

You may be able to get in touch with gooddog15 who can provide you the model, but you would have to place it in-game yourself.

The Values found in the Right-Click-Menue in VAB.

After deleting the partdatabase.cfg everything is OK. :wink:

Good to hear!

New hub model.

d031ed9860.jpg

New hub, old hub.

778ed11301.jpg

Try delete partdatabase.cfg? Or was that the fix you're referring to? :confused:

Should be working fine in the latest released version (Tested with every capsule).

The fix I was referring to was that I deleted the Tantares folder and pasted the latest version in.

Deleting the partdatabase.cfg worked just fine. Thanks a ton.

If I got it in-game ready, would you include it next update? I can probably write the .cfg and stuff and get it ready for you.

Unfortunately not, I much appreciate the offer! But, there were a few changes I would like to make to the model (Specifically animating it) before the addition. :)

The fix I was referring to was that I deleted the Tantares folder and pasted the latest version in.

Deleting the partdatabase.cfg worked just fine. Thanks a ton.

Great to hear!

"Delete partdatabase.cfg" is a phrase I feel I will be using a lot in the future :D

Edited by Beale

Ahhh! One of my favorite parts! Much improved! Because I'm never satisfied with the scaling of anything, I'm going to begin learning how to create Tweakscale .configs for things. I've gotten your current six-way hub to scale to the standard sizes of 1.25m, 2.5m, etc, but I want the weird in-between sizes like 1.875m, and .9375m. My short-term goal is to have a hub that works as a smooth transition between .625m and 1.25m.

Does it just appear larger in the bottom photo, or is it actually dimensionally larger? If so, I like it. :P

Ah, well I tried. Well can you do me a favour? After you release the Ariane 5, you should dedicate the next update for just the little things, like the fins for the N-1 and the R-7, and the LES for the TKS, and the APAS, and just all of the other little things.

Ahhh! One of my favorite parts! Much improved! Because I'm never satisfied with the scaling of anything, I'm going to begin learning how to create Tweakscale .configs for things. I've gotten your current six-way hub to scale to the standard sizes of 1.25m, 2.5m, etc, but I want the weird in-between sizes like 1.875m, and .9375m. My short-term goal is to have a hub that works as a smooth transition between .625m and 1.25m.

Does it just appear larger in the bottom photo, or is it actually dimensionally larger? If so, I like it. :P

I was gathering through some orthographic drawings and, well I have made a slight error with deep impacts all over.

It seems the Soyuz docking port should really be a 0.9375 part, Same goes for TKS and Salyut ports.

Well, I'm sure you can figure out ramifications overall. :sealed:

So!

Here's what is going to happen, when I have free time (June).

• Alternate Soyuz & Progress OM with 0.9375m top.
  • Set of 0.9375m docking ports.
  • Better scaled docking hub with 0.9375m nodes

This will allow people to create closer replicas and craft that better fit the profiles of the real crafts, while keeping the "classically" scaled parts.

Ah, well I tried. Well can you do me a favour? After you release the Ariane 5, you should dedicate the next update for just the little things, like the fins for the N-1 and the R-7, and the LES for the TKS, and the APAS, and just all of the other little things.

After my thesis is done and bound, I'll be able to sit down and get a lot of the small parts that have been half-forgotten or put to the side, no worries. And IVAs. :)

So far so good :) !
Love the new rounder model, Beale. Can't wait to see it textured!

Many thanks chaps!

My work tonight: creating the two types of Solar panels found on the FGB modules (See Spektr).

Mir_Station_RK2012_1200x700.jpg