[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

So im looking for craft files and the the one i wanted from the first post which is the third craft file link doesnt seem to work i dont really want to add on the tweakscale one but i guess thats what im gonna have to do

You can technically open and view the craft files just fine as long as you have Proc Fairings, but the crafts will need a LOT of cleaning up and modifying. Not an impossible task. :)

Heya.

Leo's asked me to look after his mod while he's off.

I know a thing or two about this KSP malarkey, so don't worry, Tantares is in good hands.

Anyway, I'll be tinkering around in the configs to fix a lot of the 1.0 related bugs he's been too busy to fix. Let me know what bugs need fixing and I'll sort it.

For starters, and as my peace offering - I've added those new surface FX modules to the launcher parts.

You can get the new version (11.1) here.

Can someone give me a hand too? I can log in as Beale, but how can I change the post title (so I can update the version number).

My first full mission in KSP is complete.

sxzcW22.png

Soyuz T-1 lifts off from KSC. The Kosmodrome to my knowledge hasn't been updated to 1.0.2

kEidfsa.png

Escape Tower jettisoned, T-1 is go for staging.

zy7RbE0.jpg

Boosters clear, systems nominal.

K0Ebv8F.png

Fairings separated, T-1 is go for orbit insertion.

lilxmEf.png

Soyuz T-1 has reached orbit and deployed it's solar panels and rendezvous hardware.

dlXoZyh.png

A small plane correction burn over nighttime Kerbin. EVE appears to be drunk or something again. Why does this keep happening to me? It looks ugly

iJMu8y3.png

Around two hours after reaching orbit, the rendezvous is complete and Soyuz T-1 has docked to the Orlan Docking Target. The Orlan consists of a medium sized pressurized work compartment, and a propulsion system based on the DOS-1 propulsion system. Thanks for that alternate engine, Beale!

CyiHUYV.jpg

The crew spent a week docked to Orlan. Here is a photo of an "engine inspection" during the EVA conducted on Day 4.

Alright, fine. I was just goofing off and had Jeb shove his face in the engine.

dXiwG4e.png

After the week in orbit was over, the crew filmed the undocking with a camera mounted in the forward OM window. Gotta love those hullcam filters.

5OUxIC5.png

The descent module flies alone a few hours after undocking.

dhGUcHD.png

Damn, I left the marshmallows and hot dogs at home.

7S5uX2u.png

What a disappointment. Squad needs to get their act together with the new aero/reentry system.

kFtS4NC.png

Soyuz T-1 touched down on KSC's continent, so there were no traditional Russian trees nearby for photos, but the recovery team took the customary crew portrait with the spacecraft and a flag anyway.

Sorry, I promised to redo my solar wind mission and then turned around and gave you this, but I'm waiting for SXT to get updated. I haven't checked it in a while, so it might be safe to use by now, I don't know.

Heya.

Leo's asked me to look after his mod while he's off.

I know a thing or two about this KSP malarkey, so don't worry, Tantares is in good hands.

Anyway, I'll be tinkering around in the configs to fix a lot of the 1.0 related bugs he's been too busy to fix. Let me know what bugs need fixing and I'll sort it.

For starters, and as my peace offering - I've added those new surface FX modules to the launcher parts.

You can get the new version (11.1) here.

Can someone give me a hand too? I can log in as Beale, but how can I change the post title (so I can update the version number).

Hi Sorry Don't know how to change the header

Simple 1.0 fix that needs doing...I think the Capella parts (except for the engine) are pointing to unlock at a tech node that doesn't exist anymore

My first full mission in KSP is complete.

Looks like you're about to burn that poor little Kerbal's head in one of those shots!

Nice album, thanks for sharing.

Hi Sorry Don't know how to change the header

Simple 1.0 fix that needs doing...I think the Capella parts (except for the engine) are pointing to unlock at a tech node that doesn't exist anymore

Cheers mate, fixed that.

I've moved all the ATV parts into the "largeUnmanned" node, as it seems like the old "largeControl" node is now defunct.

Thoughts on this? It places the ATV in the same place as the large remote control core (The 2.5 metre one), which I like, but some may see as being too late-game.

Also, I'll see if I can get the Chrysler in-game over the weekend. I'm not that great at texturing, but it looks to be 90% finished from the files and rigging the whole thing in Unity isn't a problem (though I haven't had any experience doing parachutes before).

I'm liking that SSTO design!

Two more forum problems I'm having: Can I not change my avatar and signature, etc...?

Edited by Urist
ATV placement feedback.

Two more forum problems I'm having: Can I not change my avatar and signature, etc...?

Not possible until you are out of the "Curious George" usergroup - new users with less than three approved posts. Or an admin may help there, but I'm sure the first will come soon.

Anyway, in case of further questions, just ask any of the moderators.

Not possible until you are out of the "Curious George" usergroup - new users with less than three approved posts. Or an admin may help there, but I'm sure the first will come soon.

Anyway, in case of further questions, just ask any of the moderators.

Alright, that's fair enough.

Cheers for the information! :-)

So I'm confused, you, Urist, is taking over for Beale for the time being? Because presumably "Leo" is Beale? I'm lost~ .-.

Heya.

Yes, that's the case - he's had to fly home (and I mean this was really last-minute) to help out his lass while she's in the late stages of pregnancy. Probably gonna be gone for a while.

But, this little hobby means a lot to him and he didn't want to just leave it to the wolves, so he asked me to keep things together in his absence (I've been lurking here since the very early days, even made the engine model for the Apollo D2 ;-) ).

I Hope this clears things up!

Edited by Urist

I actually mostly believe Urist. I know Beale's actual name though, since we've spoken privately outside of KSP. Not sure he'd want it posted online though. :D

To play devil's advocate, he's been using his real name on the Twitter account, so it's not exactly exclusive knowledge ;-)

But, what can I say - I'll be around and I'll fix things (hopefully sort out some of these balance issues I've been reading about too).

Edited by Urist
Grammar

I actually mostly believe Urist. I know Beale's actual name though, since we've spoken privately outside of KSP. Not sure he'd want it posted online though. :D

I second that, he never mentioned his real name here, I think. As a moderator I'm worried though. Contacted Beale for confirmation. If he gives his blessing, everything is fine (though I wouldn't recommend him to log in with Beale's account, this might be a violation of rule 4.3).

I second that, he never mentioned his real name here, I think. As a moderator I'm worried though. Contacted Beale for confirmation. If he gives his blessing, everything is fine (though I wouldn't recommend him to log in with Beale's account, this might be a violation of rule 4.3).

That's understandable. I'll try to get in touch with him to drop you a message, or whatever's good.

That's understandable. I'll try to get in touch with him to drop you a message, or whatever's good.

Anyway, about the OP, I can update it, since I am a moderator. So, it would be better anyway to post updates without using his account.

Anyway, about the OP, I can update it, since I am a moderator. So, it would be better anyway to post updates without using his account.

Yup. I believe Urist, thought I think it'd be good as a moderator for you to stick around and keep an eye on things. I don't think using his account except for updating the original post is a good idea. Might confuse users. You know the dynamic of this thread pretty well. I wouldn't worry about the name too much. I figured out his IRL name quite some time ago, from his YouTube channel name, and his Twitter. Wouldn't worry about it too much, unless Beale has an issue with that. Hope you guys haven't figured out my IRL name yet... /s

Hope that Beale's family is alright, and everything is going as planned. :)

Yup. I believe Urist, thought I think it'd be good as a moderator for you to stick around and keep an eye on things.

Hope that Beale's family is alright, and everything is going as planned. :)

I can appreciate how this may look.

I've sent an e-mail to Beale, so hopefully he can get in touch with a moderator and sort things out.

Also - he's fine :-) .

I noticed an issue where whenever the Tavio is sitting on the pad, it has a constant smoke effect. Like it doesn't stop until you lift off. I feel like that wasn't supposed to happen.

I'm digging through the Unity project at the moment to get my head around things.

It's possible the config files for these engines (I assume you mean the Soyuz rocket?) are pointing to non-existent or wrongly positioned nodes causing this bug.

PREFAB_PARTICLE
{
prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_aeroSpike
transformName = effectTransform
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.0
emission = 0.075 0.25
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.25
speed = 1.0 1.0
localOffset = 0, 0, 1
}

The node "effectTransform" does exist, but I'm not sure it's orientated correctly. The last time I made an engine, "ModuleEnginesFX" didn't even exist, so I'll have to scrub up on how this effect system works.

That being said, can't reproduce this one myself (Vanilla installation + Tantares), do you have a list of mods? :-)

Thanks for the info mate, I'll be in touch if needed.

I'll keep out of his account in that case (Aside from using the Kerbal Stuff login, but I assume that's unaffiliated?).

Edited by Urist
More Info

I'm trying to build the TKS as close to original plans as possible. However, the craft seems to go into an uncontrollable spin during orbital burns. A closer inspection in the VAB shows that the monopropellant engines are to blame:

aSDmueq.jpg

1FxTRpt.jpg

ZpA6aHx.jpg

If it's a bug, than that's a shame. TKS is probably the coolest looking spacecraft in the whole mod. The TKS cargo bay with the sliding doors is extremely useful for bringing small probes and modules into orbit.

Edited by Guardian G.I.
Guardian G.I. cannot into spoiler tags

I'm trying to build the TKS as close to original plans as possible. However, the craft seems to go into an uncontrollable spin during orbital burns. A closer inspection in the VAB shows that the monopropellant engines are to blame:

http://i.imgur.com/aSDmueq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1FxTRpt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZpA6aHx.jpg

If it's a bug, than that's a shame. TKS is probably the coolest looking spacecraft in the whole mod. The TKS cargo bay with the sliding doors is extremely useful for bringing small probes and modules into orbit.

Interesting.

I've taken a look at the setup of this engine in Unity.

4c8422569d.png

There's some kind of floating point error going on with the transform rotation, but nothing that could cause that large amount of thrust deviation. Furthermore, having a look at the config file, it doesn't have even have a gimbal.

Points to some kind of unequal mass-distribution you have going on with that TKS craft there (Could you check the fuel levels in the radial tanks for me?), very confusing to say the least.

I'll try and recreate this problem myself.

Also, thank you for demonstrating the spoiler function, that will be useful :-)

Edit: Right, I can confirm this bug.

b8cf3fd50e.jpg

Very strange I have to say, though I haven't used those engines many times in the past.

I'll give re-exporting them a try and see if that fixes things.

Urist/Beale,

Most of the pods should really have new config files for 1.02. Would it be helpful if I created them?

What needs updating?

If you have some suggested changes, I'd certainly be happy to take a look at them :-)

Edited by Urist
Confirmed Bug