[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

20 hours ago, Drakenex said:

+1 on orange, amazing as always pal!!

Is there a black Soyuz repaint out? I was going to give it a try but if someone already made it ...

@Fly Angry Had a lot of the Soyuz recolours coming, but, I think he has dissapeared entirely.

The Black Soyuz I showed a while back, I think it is on GitHub somewhere in the commit history, sorry to not be organized - the plan is to wait for stock texture switching to officially make it supported.

GAGZBHs.jpg

18 hours ago, Legcutter said:

@Beale The yelow one matches this color scheme better; and the orange one, wich is said by @Bottle Rocketeer 500 to be more russian, needs to be more orange for that.

But i might reconsider my color preferences since this "more russian" talk started. :D

The KOSMOS would be a cool colour scheme to steal :) 

Kosmos_rocket.jpg 

So much variation, the model of Soyuz and whether it has the LOX inside.
952970392-soyuz-spacecraft-launch-tower-apollo-soyuz-test-project-soviet-space-program.jpg
d9cbaaa2bd0eda0cfae6ec5a7f1f5c8f--soyuz-spacecraft-space-shuttles.jpg
3F695BE200000578-4427938-image-m-16_1492686770887.jpg
11871096_m.png

Jbjrobc.png

908FG1s.png

Edited by Beale

On 10/8/2017 at 4:51 PM, Beale said:

AND MORE PROGRESS? YES!
giuZsey.pngEBfdNNR.png

qR2PfDY.pngb2j8sHO.png

Of course, the colour schemes are not set, please give me your feedback!
Beyond this, of course this style is something a little new, any artistic feedback is appreciated (Agreement is not guaranteed though :wink: )

Wow. What an amazing evolution of style. It's like Tantares HD. It's got a lot of depth to it. If only KSP could shade it properly in-engine. 

3 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Wow. What an amazing evolution of style. It's like Tantares HD. It's got a lot of depth to it. If only KSP could shade it properly in-engine. 

Many thanks! But, I guess the important question now is, what do you think of the follow up pictures?

On 09/10/2017 at 10:32 PM, Beale said:

A challenger approaches...

GIwfoO0.png

Amazing work @Beale , Tantares continues to be the highest quality. Personally, I prefer this orange to the Tan on the other parts, I feel it makes the R7 stand out best. Keep up the fantastic work!

Whatever you do,  @Beale,  dont over-do-it! Its the stockalike nature of a part, making it blend so well with the rest of the parts,  that grants a mod that "universal"  quality that is so important. There are many beautiful,  and I mean,  extremelly beautiful parts out there, with astonishing rendering, but when you use them alongside other stock or mods parts,  they feel weird from not going along with the general part looks. This is a case where less is more. Its like lapidating a diamond: if,  in search for perfection,  you chip too much,  you ruin it.

It is not the case with tantares so far, of course. Things only look  better each time.... but beware of that michael jackson syndrome! :confused:

I love the new coloring on the parts. I support the idea of having both the tan/grey and colorful variants. Maybe an optional FSTextureSwitch thing where the different textures are labeled according to the variant or time period, and then we'd have the stock textures.

21 hours ago, Drakenex said:

impressive ! you and doggo man raised the bar so high that the "making history" DLC will pale in comparison

11 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

Amazing work, Tantares continues to be the highest quality. Personally, I prefer this orange to the Tan on the other parts, I feel it makes the R7 stand out best. Keep up the fantastic work!

11 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Whatever you do,  dont over-do-it! Its the stockalike nature of a part, making it blend so well with the rest of the parts,  that grants a mod that "universal"  quality that is so important. There are many beautiful,  and I mean,  extremelly beautiful parts out there, with astonishing rendering, but when you use them alongside other stock or mods parts,  they feel weird from not going along with the general part looks. This is a case where less is more. Its like lapidating a diamond: if,  in search for perfection,  you chip too much,  you ruin it.

It is not the case with tantares so far, of course. Things only look  better each time.... but beware of that michael jackson syndrome! :confused:

8 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

I love the new coloring on the parts. I support the idea of having both the tan/grey and colorful variants. Maybe an optional FSTextureSwitch thing where the different textures are labeled according to the variant or time period, and then we'd have the stock textures.

Many thanks for the feedback my dudes!
I think it is important to hit a balance between complete replica and completely generic (I.E. procedural tanks).

Before continuing on the R7, to practice some new skills I think I will try something a little easier to handle:

vJGjbq6.png

Edited by Beale

Hey, I really appreciate your passion of doing this mod. Just have a question. Do you add the latest parts on the GitHub download link on the 1st page? Because when I open the download page, it says it is updated on 15th July.

Edit: OK, just saw your last message here. 

Edited by ondert

10 hours ago, ondert said:

Hey, I really appreciate your passion of doing this mod. Just have a question. Do you add the latest parts on the GitHub download link on the 1st page? Because when I open the download page, it says it is updated on 15th July.

Edit: OK, just saw your last message here. 

Let me know if you have any problems!

BsKTPCJ.png
sifgq9n.png