[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Beale do you have sources for MIR-2 stuff?

1st-tier sources unfortunately not, but a few nice fan-site links. 

Mir 2 1993 (Orbiter mod, but my favourite source of information) (This is source for Progress M2)

False steps

I'm sure you know these, but for everyone else:

MIR-2 on Astronautix

Zvezda (Mir-2  Core, but later used on ISS).

MIR-2 on wikipedia (Good overview of designs)

There are a few different "Mir-2" but, the one with the large NEP truss is the most familiar I think.

One more interesting bit here, but no further sources:

MIR-2: Russian roots of the ISS program (1969-1992)

With the loss of the moon race in 1969, the Russian government adopted the space station concept as the major direction for the Soviet manned program. Since then several generations of the Salyut, Almaz and finally Mir space stations had flown. Mir-2 would follow as the main Russian effort in the manned spaceflight. The project went through several reincarnations during the 1980's and beginning of the 1990s, starting with the large space station launched by the Energia super heavy-lift booster and ending with a more modest design of the Proton-launched core and a single truss carrying solar arrays and helio-concentrators. Not unlike, Freedom project, the station could grow as more modules are added. However, unlike Freedom, the crew could board the station immediately after the launch of the first element -- the core module.

Edited by Beale

Seems to make sense to me? Couldn't MIR be used with just the core module?

EDIT: Interesting that they were trying to move to the Progress M2 derived station modules, instead of FGBs? I wonder why. Simplest explanation to me would be that if they were indeed trying to get Progress M2 production going, using that module as a base would let them close out the FGB production entirely.

Edited by CobaltWolf

50 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Seems to make sense to me? Couldn't MIR be used with just the core module?

EDIT: Interesting that they were trying to move to the Progress M2 derived station modules, instead of FGBs? I wonder why. Simplest explanation to me would be that if they were indeed trying to get Progress M2 production going, using that module as a base would let them close out the FGB production entirely.

Argh I read it wrong, yes that makes sense.

M2 is interesting, I do wonder also, costs maybe?. They would also have the benefit (I think) of ditching the redundant propulsion equipment once they are docked.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

I will look to find out which version exactly, but first, why 1.1.3?

Nostalgia, mainly.  Heck I'd go back to early betas if I could find them just so I could go interplanetary exploring with some of my old favorite but now long dead mods.

14 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Nostalgia, mainly.  Heck I'd go back to early betas if I could find them just so I could go interplanetary exploring with some of my old favorite but now long dead mods.

Fair enough, yes - you want Tantares and TantaresLV versions 36 and 17 respectively.

14 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Oh whoops... Was so busy memeing I forgot to answer your question. :P

21 hours ago, Beale said:

1st-tier sources unfortunately not, but a few nice fan-site links. 

Mir 2 1993 (Orbiter mod, but my favourite source of information) (This is source for Progress M2)

False steps

I'm sure you know these, but for everyone else:

MIR-2 on Astronautix

Zvezda (Mir-2  Core, but later used on ISS).

MIR-2 on wikipedia (Good overview of designs)

There are a few different "Mir-2" but, the one with the large NEP truss is the most familiar I think.

One more interesting bit here, but no further sources:

Buran.ru also has some nice reference on Mir-2 mini-modules. I like the fact that one of the variants (third from the top, to be exact) used a reusable space tug instead of a regular disposable service module.

18a_MZM.jpg

7 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

How do you change the color of the Soyuz capsule with the "in Color" add-on of this mod?

All my capsules are still default off-white with no visible option to change textures etc...

Thanks!

Make sure you have the latest Firespitter and Module Manager installed.

On 15/02/2018 at 6:35 PM, TK-313 said:

Buran.ru also has some nice reference on Mir-2 mini-modules. I like the fact that one of the variants (third from the top, to be exact) used a reusable space tug instead of a regular disposable service module.

18a_MZM.jpg

On 15/02/2018 at 9:18 PM, Well said:

@Beale some info also on Capcom espace (early ISS project page) in french and only one picture

1993 mir 2.jpg

23 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Here's an all-projections one, too. Just in case, the octagonal boxes on the trusses are actually engine units. Also, you can see pressurised compartments at the root of each truss.

mir_2_1993.jpg

Nice stuff, thanks guys!

MIR RCS?

c6t4TGy.png

49 minutes ago, styckx said:

I've been meaning to ask this for ages. And finally had time to attempt to research for an answer.

Any way to fix the engine fuels and crew members appearing doubled? 

Accidental wrong thread maybe?

Sorry I don't understand at all.