[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 6/6/2019 at 11:58 PM, Beale said:

6BZ46Ll.png

tSiH8TT.png

Niiice I love the color scheme on your reference drawing. We clearly understand that is a one man lander it's so tiny ! I'm impatient to see your further work for this revamp :) <3

28 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Wow, I love this new LK. This is a great improvement over the original!

Any way we could get these variants btw, those shades of green are absolutely beautiful and really scream "Soviet Spacecraft".

Thanks!

And thanks to remind me. I will release those textures tomorrow.

2K texture variants are 5MB each so it will only be 1 variant textures for the larger craft :)

we might be able to offset these new textures by properly deprecating the old FGB - into the void, hard delete

anybody Still using it?

Edited by Beale

Tantares 17.1

17.1 for KSP 1.7.1? Tell me it ain't so...
Crunched the deprecated FGB textures further - this allows us now to have the Salyut alt. textures, free of charge!
Most Salyut / Almaz parts should now have an additional "Green" variant.

- Salyut Colours

UXXckRl.jpg
mXLN3UU.jpg

The Github release is taking a while! The correct version when released is 17.1.
SpaceDock up now.

x0egQCR.pngXiLeKzz.png

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

The Soyuz is grey when I switch it to green (even the windows). Also, for some reason TAC Life Support is in the crew parts even though I don't have it installed (CO2, Water, etc.)

The patch for TAC need to be updated, if you don't use it, delete the TAC patch in the compatibility folder for now.

i don't have tested green variant so idk

5 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Also, for some reason TAC Life Support is in the crew parts even though I don't have it installed (CO2, Water, etc.)

(It seems this only happens when CommunityResourcePack is also installed.)

Go to GameData\Tantares\Patches and delete the folder "TAC" should fixed it.

3 hours ago, DriftedCougar said:

@Beale Why are these parts in the new Tantares release?screenshot7194.png

Don't use it, @Beale are going to probably delete it, that a part for an other modder, beale just help it, he probably forget to remove the part from the dev install of tantares

Edited by Well

27 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

Wasnt planning to use it, just wondering why it was there...stil wierd how that snuck inside an release :P

For a small part like that, you just sometimes test it on your dev install, and if you forget it here, you could push the release, that happen sometimes, same for bugs, we are all human. Also that just a small update just to add texture for Almaz / Salyut.

@Beale have maybe also planned to add this part to Tantares, in fact i don't know :lol:

14 hours ago, Beale said:

TLC8BwC.png

THANK YOU for this.

I've been duct-tape-patching a 2-piece LK frame/tank from an old abandoned-in-2016 mod for several years now, and they kraken out half the time when i stage into them. It'll be REALLY nice to have a fresh, reliably working, LK tank&frame.

I give you the highest of fives. :)

8 hours ago, davidy12 said:

The Soyuz is grey when I switch it to green (even the windows). Also, for some reason TAC Life Support is in the crew parts even though I don't have it installed (CO2, Water, etc.)

Texture conversion issue :blush: to be fixed.

6 hours ago, DriftedCougar said:

@Beale Why are these parts in the new Tantares release?

All I can say for this is "whoops" :)

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

THANK YOU for this.

I've been duct-tape-patching a 2-piece LK frame/tank from an old abandoned-in-2016 mod for several years now, and they kraken out half the time when i stage into them. It'll be REALLY nice to have a fresh, reliably working, LK tank&frame.

I give you the highest of fives. :)

I remember that old thing :)

Yes this new design is 100% reliable, and versatile to a number of different setups now.

It's usefullness in 1X KSP is questionable, but the LK has suffered for a long time in 2.5X, QSRSS and JNSQ, so hopefully this will give it the edge there.

dB0mrM3.jpg
vkTSGn6.png
NxY6A1i.png

4 hours ago, Beale said:

dB0mrM3.jpg
vkTSGn6.png
NxY6A1i.png

Could you imagine being a cosmonaut, having the engineers show you this craft and explain you're going another planet in something that looks as rickety as that? OMG they had guts to even consider it. The Apollo lander was pretty pieced together looking too, but at least it had more substance and you weren't going alone.

Edited by Tyko

Hm, I just found a ton of excellent quatity LK photos (the one in them is a testing stand put into a museum). Couple pics here and a whole lot more down the link below:

12-8.jpg33-2.jpg

https://selena-luna.ru/russkie-na-lune/fotografii-korablya-lk-1-dlya-oblyota-luny/

Hope these will be of some use!

P.S. So the "hat" did have roll control thrusters ;-)

P.P.S. This ship doesn't seem to have the upper half of the ladder, though. Apparently it went to another unit:

e9ffb407c77da765b91cb325e9335a7b--lunar-

Edited by TK-313