[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 minute ago, Beale said:

I decided to go with something possible within the laws of physics this time :wink: 

I would call it a form of balancing, you could place the previous bay anywhere, without a care for door clearance.

TR5OcV2.png

Sounds fair, but sliding doors are just super cool.

57 minutes ago, Hay said:

Sounds fair, but sliding doors are just super cool.

Try this one :) 

Github

Cargo-bay, clearly a little different from the old one, so feedback is appreciated.
It has variable deployment doors, if you were worried about clearance.

Mjo2ZSq.png
uV2xRgJ.png
2cL7UC6.png
ATSX2uL.png

Edited by Beale

11 hours ago, Beale said:

- [snip] -

- [snip] -

is the variable deployment set in VAB though the use of 

"allowDeployLimit = true"

in the ModuleAnimateGeneric shown below?

MODULE 
47 	{ 
48 		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric 
49 		animationName = Alniyat_CargoBay_2_Deploy 
50 		startEventGUIName = Close 
51 		endEventGUIName = Open 
52 		actionGUIName = Toggle Bay Doors 
53 		allowDeployLimit = true 
54 		revClampDirection = false 
55 		revClampSpeed = true 
56 		revClampPercent = true			 
57 	} 

1 hour ago, steedcrugeon said:

is the variable deployment set in VAB though the use of 

"allowDeployLimit = true"

in the ModuleAnimateGeneric shown below?

MODULE 
47 	{ 
48 		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric 
49 		animationName = Alniyat_CargoBay_2_Deploy 
50 		startEventGUIName = Close 
51 		endEventGUIName = Open 
52 		actionGUIName = Toggle Bay Doors 
53 		allowDeployLimit = true 
54 		revClampDirection = false 
55 		revClampSpeed = true 
56 		revClampPercent = true			 
57 	} 

That's correct, I have a few nitpicks with that module code & functionality, but it gets the job done. Mainly it works more as a "retract limit" than deploy limit (so models must be made in the deployed state, the animation retracts).

If it worked the other way, could have variable angle antennas (put folding antennas on any angled surface and still get the to fold the right direction)

@RoverDude

You're not tweaking stock modules by any chance are you? :D (Just a feature that would open up a huge number of possibilities).

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

That's correct, I have a few nitpicks with that module code & functionality, but it gets the job done. Mainly it works more as a "retract limit" than deploy limit (so models must be made in the deployed state, the animation retracts).

So effectively, the line in the PartModule moves the start point of an animation rather than the end point?

15 hours ago, Beale said:

Github

Cargo-bay, clearly a little different from the old one, so feedback is appreciated.

Mjo2ZSq.png

2cL7UC6.png

It only let me click "like" once.

Feedback : Excellent! The sliding door was cool, but this allows (or seems to) a wider opening, making it possible to carry slightly wider cargo. I'll take function over form anytime.

15 hours ago, Beale said:

Github

Mjo2ZSq.png

Hmm... my only concern is that the size of the opening is maybe a little too small. I'd personally like to see the hinges a little further back (if you imagine the cross section view, the angle starting from the center to both hinges should be increased to somewhere around 120 deg, imo).

1 hour ago, steedcrugeon said:

So effectively, the line in the PartModule moves the start point of an animation rather than the end point?

Yep, it's a real pain :) 

I did have a WIP Igla antenna that could adapt to any surface angle, but sadly the weirdness of the module prevented it from feeling "stock" and more like a weird hack.

byWv2PT.png

23 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

It only let me click "like" once.

Feedback : Excellent! The sliding door was cool, but this allows (or seems to) a wider opening, making it possible to carry slightly wider cargo. I'll take function over form anytime.

Hey! Glad you like it.

2 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Hmm... my only concern is that the size of the opening is maybe a little too small. I'd personally like to see the hinges a little further back (if you imagine the cross section view, the angle starting from the center to both hinges should be increased to somewhere around 120 deg, imo).

Nice feedback, but - it's a little tricky to make wider, unlike the spaceplan parts where 180' of the part is a door, when working in the spacecraft stack it's a bit awkward to do that.
I would try the latest Github release, they are a little wider than you may think :) 

@Beale If you are planning to use yellow as the interior color of the bay, what about some adapters with that color? It looks out of place when the sides of the interior are not matching with the center, or you can always go gray:sticktongue:

Edit: It's my 300th post!

Edited by NeoFatalis

4 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

@Beale If you are planning to use yellow as the interior color of the bay, what about some adapters with that color? It looks out of place when the sides of the interior are not matching with the center, or you can always go gray:sticktongue:

Edit: It's my 300th post!

Congratulations!

Not sure what you mean on the cargo-bay though.

17 minutes ago, Beale said:

Not sure what you mean on the cargo-bay though.

uBZvTI4.png

This is the best photo that I could find  (don't pay attention to the arrows), anyway as you can see the part that is infront of the cargo bay is painted the same color as the cargo bay iteslf

@Calvin_Maclure What is M1?

Edited by NeoFatalis

43 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

uBZvTI4.png

This is the best photo that I could find  (don't pay attention to the arrows), anyway as you can see the part that is infront of the cargo bay is painted the same color as the cargo bay iteslf

Makes more sense, maybe some other time.

aJc2PxN.png

The chute is on auto-deploy. Maybe the chute could be modified to work like the SDHI chute, with a drogue and a main, to ease the G-forces. I also wonder if any more thought has gone into doing the whole landing-rockets thing for Landertron. I know there's been discussion on the matter, but I don't remember what the verdict was.

5 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

The chute is on auto-deploy. Maybe the chute could be modified to work like the SDHI chute, with a drogue and a main, to ease the G-forces. I also wonder if any more thought has gone into doing the whole landing-rockets thing for Landertron. I know there's been discussion on the matter, but I don't remember what the verdict was.

I think the config needs a second look.

How do you access and use the alternate textures ive been seeing?? Ive searched the topic but not having a lot of luck finding anything. Also the small monoprop engine used for the lunar return section of the l3 lander doesnt have a bottom node so you cant attach anything under it. Or is the tantares analog for the l3 lander designed to ascend from a moon with the whole landing leg section still attached?

1 hour ago, grayal said:

How do you access and use the alternate textures ive been seeing?? Ive searched the topic but not having a lot of luck finding anything. Also the small monoprop engine used for the lunar return section of the l3 lander doesnt have a bottom node so you cant attach anything under it. Or is the tantares analog for the l3 lander designed to ascend from a moon with the whole landing leg section still attached?

That's right, it returns as one.

For the alternate textures, they are nore available yet, but will be soon. But, you can make your own fairly easy if you have Photoshop.
Alternate textures you have seen are probably from (much) older versions.

Does that help?

Edited by Beale

I see mention of fstexture switch and see lots of pics of other textures. Were these from otger early versions of the mod or just something u were playing with.

Will alternate textures eventually become available?

2 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

I don't have any problems, try setting it to deploy at 0.5 atm? That's what I usually do and it works like a charm

8 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

The current IGLA is nice, but you previously had this seriously cool model:

9657c1e963.jpg

Any plans to reuse it?

Yeah, this is the "full IGLA" with the nice arm I will be recreating for the Soyuz.

The MIR / FGB parts above are more simplistic holding structures.

xmMxzWK.png