Beale

[1.7.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [18.0][14/07/2019]

Recommended Posts

On 5/15/2018 at 8:09 PM, Zorg said:

Hi @Beale, wanted to say I am really enjoying this mod, I've installed it alongside Bluedog Design and am having great fun running parallel rival space programs.

I did run into a couple of issues with the realplume. I noticed that the 4 engine proton stage is missing the config entirely, I made my own and can submit a pull request if you wish. It basically applies the same effect as the 6 engine version.

-snip-

 

On 5/16/2018 at 8:44 AM, Zorg said:

Hey @Beale, just wanted to add one more thing; I started work on a USI life support patch for Tantares parts for myself but I can submit that as a pull request once I'm done as well.

There is an existing open pull request for USI LS on github which blanket patches every crewed part with 75 supplies and 95% recycling. Meaning any fully crewed tantares part will have 138 days of mission endurance.

My own proposal will try for a *somewhat* more realistic approach keeping in mind USI life support is more gamified than stuff like TAC life support.

-snip-

Wow! That is really helpful! Thank you a lot :)

I will make sure they are integratred for the next release. For the questions on balancing, hit me up on the discord server and we may talk easier. I have never used USI myself, but happy to bounce ideas across! :D 

 

GitHub

jBb24uY.png

Basically a fully-functional Vostok is available now. Though there are still tweaks to be made of course.
Drag cubes have been fixed to provide a sphere you can actually land - but, the capsule has no ablator so be careful... (This is not exactly accurate, but a balance effect).

The full release is not too far away, but I am eager to have Energia and Zenit released first. Blok E upper stage will follow. And then another upper stage...
Further Energia and Zenit parts are down the line, notably the recovery kit and adapters to other sizes (The fairing is a pretty okay universal adapter in the meantime).

xODXkaS.jpg
W9z5zTq.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for this indev update ! :) awesome work as usual, and this little Vostok is an awesome piece of craft !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beale said:

Wow! That is really helpful! Thank you a lot :)

I will make sure they are integratred for the next release. For the questions on balancing, hit me up on the discord server and we may talk easier. I have never used USI myself, but happy to bounce ideas across! :D 

 

GitHub

jBb24uY.png

Basically a fully-functional Vostok is available now. Though there are still tweaks to be made of course.
Drag cubes have been fixed to provide a sphere you can actually land - but, the capsule has no ablator so be careful... (This is not exactly accurate, but a balance effect).

The full release is not too far away, but I am eager to have Energia and Zenit released first. Blok E upper stage will follow. And then another upper stage...
Further Energia and Zenit parts are down the line, notably the recovery kit and adapters to other sizes (The fairing is a pretty okay universal adapter in the meantime).

xODXkaS.jpg
W9z5zTq.png

 

 

No textures are loading on the new parts in game. They're just flat black. I'm pretty sure this is a problem on my end and not a mod problem, but any idea how to fix it? I don't have any texture mods installed, so it isn't that. 

Edit: Nevermind. I fixed it.

The Vostok works very well as do the drag changes.

I don't think it really needs much balancing, BTW. It has basically just enough Delta V to deorbit the reentry vehicle from LKO in 2.5x scale, which is all it needs to do and the lack of ablator isn't an issue at all. The tech nodes required for the parts are all over the place though and really should all be 'start' given where Vostok falls on the spaceflight timeline. If this mod had Sputnik, id say to push Vostok back a bit, but as is, right at the start is probably where it should be available.

Edited by Mudwig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any idea why the docking ports suddenly don't work properly and function exactly like stock docking ports, immediately connecting the two vessels without having to extend/retract the docking probe? This is pretty frustrating, considering this problem began suddenly, right in the middle of building a Mir replica...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, but to no avail, and I haven't installed any more mods recently.

EDIT: I've just noticed this only occurs when the docking probe is retracted.

Edited by sslaptnhablhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Does anyone have any idea why the docking ports suddenly don't work properly and function exactly like stock docking ports, immediately connecting the two vessels without having to extend/retract the docking probe? This is pretty frustrating, considering this problem began suddenly, right in the middle of building a Mir replica...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, but to no avail, and I haven't installed any more mods recently.

EDIT: I've just noticed this only occurs when the docking probe is retracted.

Sounds all correct I think, retracted should dock instantly, extended should prevent docking and allow you to rotate etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just made this account to report some problems. First of all, I've been using this mod for a long time, at least since 1.0, so I want to say thank you to the creator.

Another thing is that I'm using this mod in 1.4.3 so that might be the reason behind these issues, but I don't know.

Spoiler

 

Anyways, I've noticed the Proton LV might not be balanced correctly, especially the first stage with the six engines. Right now, the LV alone (no payload) only has 1.06 TWR at sea level, with makes it useless for any practical purpose. The thing is, the six-engine first stage shows a wrong information in the left menu tooltip. For example, it says it weighs 80 t, holds 5760 units of LF and 7040 units of oxidizer. But when you actually place it in the VAB and click the mousewheel to show more info, it has a mass of 131 t, 10350 units of LF and 12650 units of oxidizer. That's almost 64% more mass and almost 80% more propellant, meaning the 1873 kN of thrust at sea level are not enough.

Same thing happens with the 2nd and 3rd stage fuel tanks, they have more fuel than it shows in the tooltip, but it's not as extreme as the first stage.

The 4 engine first stage doesn't have this problem. The Soyuz LV is OK as well.

 

^EDIT: Disregard all of that. This thing with the different amount of fuel in the mentioned parts only happens if you use the craft files in the OP... if you place the parts like usual, none of this happens. I don't know how I didn't notice this, my bad :(

Another problem with the craft files is that there are some sort of issue where some parts are not actually connected. I mean, they are connected, but it's like they were displaced using the offset tool so they are not actually touching each other. An example:

Spoiler

fd58e65f3a.jpg

 

I understand these problems are not gamebreaking and easily fixed by the players, and you may have other priorities, but I wanted to report this just in case. This is a great mod and the first parts mod that I get. The models and textures look amazing!

Edited by Ray120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Beale said:

Sounds all correct I think, retracted should dock instantly, extended should prevent docking and allow you to rotate etc.

Woah, that's normal? Huh, I guess I didn't notice before. Anyway, thanks for replying :D

EDIT: Never mind that, the problem seems to only affect the one save. Docking ports immediately dock, regardless of whether the probe is extended.

EDIT 2: It seems it ONLY occurs when undocking and redocking, but does not occur if the probe is retracted and re-extended while undocked.

EDIT 3: Disregard edit 2, it seems to occur every time I undock and redock something, except when it randomly decides not to.

Edited by sslaptnhablhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There some little TweakScale capability patch for Soyz LV to make it more accurate size with Soyz spacecraft (I use 1.550 size, but that's Tweakscale, you can do whatever you want, right? :D). 

@PART[TLV_0_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_LFO_2]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_Decoupler_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_Fairing_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
 {
   %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_0_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_Fin]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = surface
    }
}

Soon will be updated for all other parts of mod.

And the screenshots:

Spoiler

Zo16jwN.png

ZmKMtOM.jpg

9yk9N4r.jpg

 

8xan59s.jpg

 

Edited by macenkodenis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Beale, do you think it would be possible to combine left and right variants of solar panels and add a mirror function, similar to BDB's Skylab panels and CA shuttle wings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Woah, that's normal? Huh, I guess I didn't notice before. Anyway, thanks for replying :D

EDIT: Never mind that, the problem seems to only affect the one save. Docking ports immediately dock, regardless of whether the probe is extended.

EDIT 2: It seems it ONLY occurs when undocking and redocking, but does not occur if the probe is retracted and re-extended while undocked.

EDIT 3: Disregard edit 2, it seems to occur every time I undock and redock something, except when it randomly decides not to.

Hmmm very strange. This will require some investigation!

3 hours ago, macenkodenis said:

There some little TweakScale capability patch for Soyz LV to make it more accurate size with Soyz spacecraft (I use 1.550 size, but that's Tweakscale, you can do whatever you want, right? :D). 


@PART[TLV_0_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_LFO_2]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_Decoupler_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_Fairing_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
 {
   %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_0_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_Fin]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = surface
    }
}

Soon will be updated for all other parts of mod.

And the screenshots:

  Reveal hidden contents

Zo16jwN.png

ZmKMtOM.jpg

9yk9N4r.jpg

 

8xan59s.jpg

 

Very cool thanks, and nice craft and NF station!

33 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Hey @Beale, do you think it would be possible to combine left and right variants of solar panels and add a mirror function, similar to BDB's Skylab panels and CA shuttle wings?

It should be possible with mesh/variant now yes. But, it could break crafts. What do people think?

 

TantaresLV GitHub
Getting closer to release.

P60Vj6M.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beale said:

TantaresLV GitHub
Getting closer to release.

I think you mean TantaresLV Github, ya sneaky Pete. :wink:

That new open lattice decoupler is real nice. I might just put a tweakscale on it - will surely look more reasonable than the Soyuz decoupler scaled to 3.75m!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beale said:

Hmmm very strange. This will require some investigation!

I'm uncertain one of my mods are causing it, but perhaps I should provide my mod list anyway, just in case one or two mods are known to be incompatable (all mods are latest releases unless stated otherwise); Tantares (latest repository), TantaresLV, BDB, BARIS, Tantares in colours, Snacks, Cormorant Aeronology, one of jrbudda's KER continuations. The latest mod I installed was BARIS, which was several days, maybe even a week, ago. My laptop sucks and KSP experiences frequent memory leaks, too.

 

2 hours ago, Beale said:

It should be possible with mesh/variant now yes. But, it could break crafts. What do people think?

Perhaps you could include the feature in a release, but keep both of the panels as to not break crafts, then combine the variants in the next release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beale said:

It should be possible with mesh/variant now yes. But, it could break crafts. What do people think?

You can make both (L and R) version with automirroring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, macenkodenis said:

There some little TweakScale capability patch for Soyz LV to make it more accurate size with Soyz spacecraft (I use 1.550 size, but that's Tweakscale, you can do whatever you want, right? :D). 


@PART[TLV_0_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_LFO_2]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_Decoupler_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_Fairing_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
 {
   %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_0_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_1_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_2_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[TLV_Fin]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = surface
    }
}

Soon will be updated for all other parts of mod.

And the screenshots:

  Reveal hidden contents

Zo16jwN.png

ZmKMtOM.jpg

9yk9N4r.jpg

 

8xan59s.jpg

 

I just tried using this, but the fairings don't scale with the fairing base properly ( there's huge gaps in-between the fairing segments ). Did you have to do anything differently to get them to work when you made your your screen shots?

Spoiler
8ykQH7B.jpg

 

Edited by Mudwig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mudwig said:

Did you have to do anything differently to get them to work when you made your your screen shots

Yes. I use mod, called "Procedural Farings". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, notJebKerman said:

It's 1.25m. 

A wise chioce. I can't for the life of me understand why vanilla vostok analogues were made that big. Maybe to allow for 3-crewed workable IVAs but,  still,  they are look weird with that massive size....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

um, the MH ones are 1.25

They're... not. Try for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, macenkodenis said:

Yes. I use mod, called "Procedural Farings". 

Oh, that's too bad. My install is already very mod heavy and I don't really want to add more. Plus, I like making the shape of the Soyuz fairings close to the real ones and Procedural Fairings can't do that.

Thanks for the reply though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mudwig said:

Oh, that's too bad. My install is already very mod heavy and I don't really want to add more

My to. But Proc.Fairings is realy light-weight and makes life easier.

31 minutes ago, Mudwig said:

Plus, I like making the shape of the Soyuz fairings close to the real ones and Procedural Fairings can't do that.

For me Proc. Fairings is the best way to make Soyuz-like fairings. It had many adjustments and many different fairing-edge styles (Like Soyuz, Egg, Conical and etc.) Strongly recomend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TantaresLV 8.1

This is a big one! 
Includes new 5m parts to build Energia - and some shiny new 2.5m parts to build the Energia Blok-A boosters, or Zenit.

There has been a few tweaks elsewhere, in colour scheme for the Soyuz rocket and a good round of balancing.

Huge thanks to @TK-313 who has updated the Russian translation, no small effort!

Another worthy shout-out to @Pak, who his Buran has been used as the basis to balance the parts (I highly recommend those!).

This isn't the end, more 5m parts are coming, such as adapters to 2.5 / 3.75.
More parts are also on the way eventually to alter the Blok-A for recovery.

 

If you find any bugs, please let me know!

9aW9OfY.png1pVcgOL.png

47GI8hE.png

 

 

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beale said:

They're... not. Try for yourself.

Doh! How silly of me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

wZaQ6Rel.png

Im back at it again

someone send help.

The third one looks like PEPE,  the sad frog meme!

 

@Beale since there are new texts,  please send me the newer version so that I can update the localizations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.