[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Buy the way, Beale, if you wanted to do more launchers, I'd propose you current WIP designs of Amur-5 and Enisey-5 rockets, designed for new generation Lunar (almost typed Munar :D) missions.

Amur-5:

Central core and boosters have RD-170 engines and have same diameter as Proton central core (4.1m), thus can be made with 2.5m standart, second stage is 7.7 meter wide, I'd suggest having 3.75m design.

5si9hqJ_7eM.jpg

This is Enisey-5, it has also 4.1m-boosters with RD-170 (for the sake of standardization of transport vehicles, I guess) and the central core has a triple of RD-120 engines and 7.7m diameter, 125 tons to LEO, same as Amur-5.

EqJG5iPLMnY.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of replies!

Looking great, as usual !

Does this new version includes tubes of Borscht and vodka in the IVA ? :sticktongue:

http://scienceblogs.com/ethicsandscience/wp-content/blogs.dir/377/files/2012/04/i-4193e04cc3302e5408f7c5d8d8effa9d-Vodka.jpg

I am very tempted now :) !

Beautiful :D
Gib plz. That is beautiful.
Hope it happens! But of course do what you want; it's your mod!

Those are some very pretty station parts as well!

This DOS really look good.

I think this will look Almaz-ing when it's done

I love puns

That's really nice to hear, glad people like it.

Still far from done.

7c1cd25689.jpgc474ae7779.jpg

It will have emissive lights, thanks to a handy tip of Cpt. Kipard.

i think he was refering to the procedural fairing insterstage part

Great! Thanks!

Also, here's a larger station I built recently:

http://i.imgur.com/EMB0awm.png

Nice! I love seeing the crew transport vehicles people come up with.

It's Mun capable!? :0.0:

Or did you refeul?

As we were speaking about space stations, I will try with Tantares to make something like the Deep Space Habitat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_Habitat

:)

I would very much like to see that :)

Beale How about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Exploration_Vehicle ?

Also Dude, Remember what I said about the whole "Station Diversity and Expansion" Thingy. How about you make different Optional Expansion "Packs" of Parts, such as a Station Pack filled with various Salyut modules, Skylab Modules and MIR Modules and maybe even a pack filled with parts for making stockalike American Spacecraft, Heck maybe even a Chinese Spacecraft Pack such as Tiangong and the Shenzhou! :cool:

It could be kept optional, I suppose. But with my current workload and IRL commitments, it's a big undertaking, so I sadly say no, for now.

Well, it would be nice to have PNGs, but it wouldn't be neither fast (I'm experiencing trouble with stable Internet access, and busy... and lazy) nor consistent - so do not look forward for alternative for, erm, alternative textures.

And yet - I would be glad to participate at least in this way. My first thought was to make overall coloration, color stripe (like one that is under thermal blanket on Soyuz) and thermal blanket effect itself for Tantares Orbital and Crew modules.

And sorry for no-quote response - mobile browser, yeah.

That's cool.

Hopefully when I get a GitHub setup, I can host all textures there freely.

Buy the way, Beale, if you wanted to do more launchers, I'd propose you current WIP designs of Amur-5 and Enisey-5 rockets, designed for new generation Lunar (almost typed Munar :D) missions.

Amur-5:

Central core and boosters have RD-170 engines and have same diameter as Proton central core (4.1m), thus can be made with 2.5m standart, second stage is 7.7 meter wide, I'd suggest having 3.75m design.

http://cs622229.vk.me/v622229511/6ad7/5si9hqJ_7eM.jpg

This is Enisey-5, it has also 4.1m-boosters with RD-170 (for the sake of standardization of transport vehicles, I guess) and the central core has a triple of RD-120 engines and 7.7m diameter, 125 tons to LEO, same as Amur-5.

http://cs622229.vk.me/v622229511/6ae0/EqJG5iPLMnY.jpg

They are interesting, but completely unknown to me until now!

Pretty cool looking, they are Angara-like?

A very-heavy-lift vehicle could be integral part of a pack like this, so it goes:

TLV ---> ALV ---> ?LV

The first one looks sorta like a "super proton", which I can, er, get behind.

Edited by Beale

@Beale: By the way, a small technical question concerning one of the parts: where is located the "laboratory" found in the Science section ?

I was searching in the different files, but could not identify it easily to see what are the parameters you defined for it.

@Niemand303: If I'm right, the upper part (in grey) of the last stage on the Amur-5 seems to be a Lunar lander ? Similar in size to Altair ?

2 Questions

Why don't you just get some people to help you with the Mod?

I already have had a ton of help, from people contributing stats for parts, their own custom textures, etc.

Both Niemand and Zodiak have contributed models for the ATV and MIR style solar panels respectively.

But in general, I just prefer to work alone. I have my own methods of doing things and it suits me.

Could you make that new Salyut Crew Module as a separate part? Since I love the Original Salyut Design you made :)

Rename it "Vega_Crew_Huntsman" for example, it will be immune from any future updates! :cool:

@Beale: By the way, a small technical question concerning one of the parts: where is located the "laboratory" found in the Science section ?

I was searching in the different files, but could not identify it easily to see what are the parameters you defined for it.

Maybe I misunderstand the question, apologies.

But the file name for Kvant module is Vega_Crew_D, it is found in Parts/SALYUT/ folder :)

Pff... The spirit of true soviet lunar programm lives in "Energia-Vulcan". In fact, Soviet Union tried to make Lunar base with the help of this rocket, engines was successfully used in "Father of the Vulcan"- "Energia". But the Soviet Union collapsed and lunar programm was closed. So, "Energia-Volcan" is the most real russian Moon-rocket.

Here is some interesting information about soviet lunar programm with "Vulcan"- http://a-striker.org/publ/issledovanija_kosmosa/poterjannaja_luna_chast_2/7-1-0-20 (I know, you are not able to understand something, but there is interesting puctures of soviet lunar modules)

Vulkan_concept_rus.jpg26-01.gif

Are there updated craft files for the new version? And by that I mean the last time I installed this pack it was still pretty much the original Tantares (Soyuz) pod. There's a lot more parts here now...

(EDIT: the link on the OP doesn't work, Mediafire says it's a dead link...)

Pff... The spirit of true soviet lunar programm lives in "Energia-Vulcan". In fact, Soviet Union tried to make Lunar base with the help of this rocket, engines was successfully used in "Father of the Vulcan"- "Energia". But the Soviet Union collapsed and lunar programm was closed. So, "Energia-Volcan" is the most real russian Moon-rocket.

Here is some interesting information about soviet lunar programm with "Vulcan"- http://a-striker.org/publ/issledovanija_kosmosa/poterjannaja_luna_chast_2/7-1-0-20 (I know, you are not able to understand something, but there is interesting puctures of soviet lunar modules)

http://kulch.spb.ru/Gallery/VULKAN_gallery/Images/Vulkan_concept_rus.jpghttp://www.astronaut.ru/bookcase/article/26-01.gif

That's... big.

The Energia is really interesting. IIRC it could get 100 Tons to LEO?

Can someone enlighten me why it was not used further? It's not like the blueprints evaporated when the Soviet Union collapsed, right?

Okay, with it's history of only 2 launches, it worked out at about 1.3 billion Rubles per launch (Estimated 14.5B development costs).

Are there updated craft files for the new version? And by that I mean the last time I installed this pack it was still pretty much the original Tantares (Soyuz) pod. There's a lot more parts here now...

(EDIT: the link on the OP doesn't work, Mediafire says it's a dead link...)

Hi!

The craft files are up to date, yes.

I've updated the dead link :)

Should work for you now.

Edited by Beale

That's... big.

The Energia is really interesting. IIRC it could get 100 Tons to LEO?

Hello! Yes, "Energia" could carry 100 tonns to LEO, "Vulcan"- 200 tonns.

Can someone enlighten me why it was not used further? It's not like the blueprints evaporated when the Soviet Union collapsed, right?

I think, you probably didn't live in Russia in 90's. That was very bad time for everyone. Tonns of research institutes was closed, a lot of good scientists went abroad, a lot of science centers and rocket factories that previous was in one country were separated by border. The technologies used in "Vulcan" were realy complicated, so it was very hard to find all needed blueprints in all that chaos and understand how does that works. And, of course, no one was interested in science in this period, people just wanted to survive (There was no food in shops, for example).

They are interesting, but completely unknown to me until now!

Pretty cool looking, they are Angara-like?

A very-heavy-lift vehicle could be integral part of a pack like this, so it goes:

TLV ---> ALV ---> ?LV

The first one looks sorta like a "super proton", which I can, er, get behind.

They are Angara-like only in the meaning that they are somehow modular too. And for the name, I'd suggest LLV, Libra Launch Vehicle, as those rockets are designed for new Russian Lunar Program. :)

@Niemand303: If I'm right, the upper part (in grey) of the last stage on the Amur-5 seems to be a Lunar lander ? Similar in size to Altair ?

Yeah, of course, as I was told, it is a part of Lunar Program for years 2020s and so on. :)

But the file name for Kvant module is Vega_Crew_D, it is found in Parts/SALYUT/ folder :)

Yes it was this part ! :)

And looking at its .cfg file brings me a new question: why did you not included in the code of this part (or of another) the following module ?

MODULE

{

name = ModuleScienceLab

containerModuleIndex = 0

dataTransmissionBoost = 1.5

crewsRequired = 2

canResetConnectedModules = True

canResetNearbyModules = True

interactionRange = 5

RESOURCE_PROCESS

{

name = ElectricCharge

amount = 10

}

}

Which is specifically the Science processing function and the reset module function of the Science Lab.

I think, you probably didn't live in Russia in 90's. That was very bad time for everyone. Tonns of research institutes was closed, a lot of good scientists went abroad, a lot of science centers and rocket factories that previous was in one country were separated by border. The technologies used in "Vulcan" were realy complicated, so it was very hard to find all needed blueprints in all that chaos and understand how does that works. And, of course, no one was interested in science in this period, people just wanted to survive (There was no food in shops, for example).

Thanks for the explanation!

I guess when you add the context of what was happening back then, and the chaos of the times, it starts to make a bit more sense. :(

They are Angara-like only in the meaning that they are somehow modular too. And for the name, I'd suggest LLV, Libra Launch Vehicle, as those rockets are designed for new Russian Lunar Program. :)

I like the name!

Modular approach would be good in this mod too...

Yes it was this part ! :)

And looking at its .cfg file brings me a new question: why did you not included in the code of this part (or of another) the following module ?

Which is specifically the Science processing function and the reset module function of the Science Lab.

Hi!

If you try add that module yourself, you might find you will run into problems. It is very delicate to module indexing and you can be left being unable to right-click the whole craft.

It has slipped my mind to be honest, the fix to prevent the right-click bug someone told me a while ago. I should add it back in soon.

Specular test.

In general it neads more wear and tear, but this gives an idea.

e647d0b84b.jpga1a9f7cfe6.jpgcbfb7c964a.jpg

Any Plans for More Soviet Probe-craft Beale? Such as the Vega-1,3MV,TMK, and the Vesta Spacecraft?

Btw, Dude what is with your obsession over Soviet Spacecraft, Are you a Commie or Something? Nah Jk. We all love you Bro! :cool:

Speaking of which... I Miss your Old Soyuz. :(

Edited by HuntsmanThe7

looks awesome. have you updated the craft file link yet?

I had, but some people have had trouble with the media-fire link.

Weird as I have no issues at all...

Lemme take a look.

Ok, thanks for the explanations, which also mean that i can't use it as replacement of the original ScienceLab

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414954892-screenshot27.png

Nice little craft there!

I'm not sure what to do with the lab module.

It would be a huge advantage over the stock science lab, which is much heavier.

Thank you very much, you are a scholar and a gentleman (or woman.)

Good, glad it is fixed!

More.

It still needs a few vents and stuff.

92740f08b1.jpg

1a05c1308a.jpg

36571fbdb4.jpg

http://kulch.spb.ru/Gallery/VULKAN_gallery/Images/Vulkan_concept_rus.jpghttp://www.astronaut.ru/bookcase/article/26-01.gif

Well, I AM able to understand the text, as you can see by looking just slightly below my avatar in the "Location" section. :D

And I think Energia was implemented in mods really often, I can remember at least three mods with it, new launchers, on the contrary, hasn't yet been made by anyone.

good looking update to your parts Beale :)

about the Energia: there are several reasons why it was abadoned:

-collapse of the soviet union, baikonour was suddenly outside of russia

-to high costs per launch

-no need for such a big lifter, Proton and Soyuz were enough -> thats why their was an attempt to build a "light" version of the Energia, the Energia M with around 34tons to LEO. Boosterrockets still used as Zenit rocket

-problems with the system in general: fuel was liquid hydrogen and oxygen and russians were not used to use them, second the "launchprocedure" with the payload hanging on the side of the Energia, the rocket tumbles on liftoff until the engines changed in a second the vector of thurst with their high gimbal range. it was a complicated technique and after every launch, the launch platform was highly damaged. they used this launchtechnique for the russian shuttle programm, but realised how "bad" this could be...

BUT the blueprints are still avaliable and russains engenieers are working on a second generation of Engeria .... sadly, the original facilities are rotten to death over time, thanks to russain missmanagemnt / no-interesstes / no money. (thats why the last buran was destroyed during the "accident")

Energia: our future in heavy lifitng rockets. better then Saturn V ...

Finally, after many adventures with the likes of GitHub and the kitten-who-erased-everything-by-stepping-on-the-keyboard, I can finally release the first version of my Tantares reconfigs.

E.T.R.O

Eagleshift's Tantares Rebalance Overhaul

(a.k.a. quite a pompous name for a set of config files)

This package is a compilation of Module Manager config files to add support for various popular mods, it's a WIP, and any input would gladly be accepted, provided it's useful.

Currently supported mods

• TAC Life Support
  • Connected Living Space
  • Kerbal Attachment System

Also, added some little tweaks to batteries, engines, and a fix to remove the integrated decoupler on the top of the Alnair capsule, which messed with MechJeb ÃŽâ€v calculations.

Tweaks and integration were made by crunching-numbers from actual mod-specific values, calculating the volume of spacecrafts/parts, and throw in some arbitrary constants that looked good (using this set of spreadsheets); but if anything bugs you, you can still ask for it to be changed, with if possible some numbers to support you claim. I also accept request for mods I should support, and Beale, if you want to integrate the configs as-is, I'd gladly adapt them, just drop me a PM !

Please be aware this is a pre-release quality version, even though I tested it (which took me far more time than I thought, but allowed me to catch some bug and inconsistencies), this might break you save, summon the space kraken or even make you rockets try to learn salsa and, obviously, as rockets should learn tango instead, enter rapid unplanned disassembly phases. Or none of that, depend.

What's next ?

• Dynamic texture changing using Firespitter
  • Other life support mods ?
  • Dang It! support (If I can finally understand how to make it work)
  • Engine Ignitor support
  • Adding support for the launcher, the Libra and the FOBOS

(This list isn't ordered at all, I'll tackle any bugs that would show up before adding something to the configs)

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Also, I included an up-to-date version of Module Manager by Sarbian, check the forum thread for more information and license !

Edited by Eagleshift
Added the link to the spreadsheets used to crunch the evil numbers

Beale, really appreciate your community input. How about reviewing chutes for proper support of RealChutes? Of course, it can be done by configs replacement of you cupolas, but would be much better to have them properly working without the replacement.

And I think Energia was implemented in mods really often, I can remember at least three mods with it, new launchers, on the contrary, hasn't yet been made by anyone.

Now that's a good point.

Does anyone else keep switching back and forth between this and HGR not knowing witch to keep?

Depends what you're looking for really...

Both mods offer something a little different, if you can, I'd advise using both :)

6327df9c24.png

good looking update to your parts Beale :)

about the Energia: there are several reasons why it was abadoned:

-collapse of the soviet union, baikonour was suddenly outside of russia

-to high costs per launch

-no need for such a big lifter, Proton and Soyuz were enough -> thats why their was an attempt to build a "light" version of the Energia, the Energia M with around 34tons to LEO. Boosterrockets still used as Zenit rocket

-problems with the system in general: fuel was liquid hydrogen and oxygen and russians were not used to use them, second the "launchprocedure" with the payload hanging on the side of the Energia, the rocket tumbles on liftoff until the engines changed in a second the vector of thurst with their high gimbal range. it was a complicated technique and after every launch, the launch platform was highly damaged. they used this launchtechnique for the russian shuttle programm, but realised how "bad" this could be...

BUT the blueprints are still avaliable and russains engenieers are working on a second generation of Engeria .... sadly, the original facilities are rotten to death over time, thanks to russain missmanagemnt / no-interesstes / no money. (thats why the last buran was destroyed during the "accident")

Energia: our future in heavy lifitng rockets. better then Saturn V ...

Thanks for the info there!

Beale, are you gonna at least update the textures on the other vega parts? They look really ugly when coupled with the new module.

No, I'll be making new models for the other parts, rather than a "quick fix" for the textures. :)

Finally, after many adventures with the likes of GitHub and the kitten-who-erased-everything-by-stepping-on-the-keyboard, I can finally release the first version of my Tantares reconfigs.

E.T.R.O

Eagleshift's Tantares Rebalance Overhaul

(a.k.a. quite a pompous name for a set of config files)

This package is a compilation of Module Manager config files to add support for various popular mods, it's a WIP, and any input would gladly be accepted, provided it's useful.

Currently supported mods

• TAC Life Support
  • Connected Living Space
  • Kerbal Attachment System

Also, added some little tweaks to batteries, engines, and a fix to remove the integrated decoupler on the top of the Alnair capsule, which messed with MechJeb ÃŽâ€v calculations.

Tweaks and integration were made by crunching-numbers from actual mod-specific values, calculating the volume of spacecrafts/parts, and throw in some arbitrary constants that looked good (using this set of spreadsheets); but if anything bugs you, you can still ask for it to be changed, with if possible some numbers to support you claim. I also accept request for mods I should support, and Beale, if you want to integrate the configs as-is, I'd gladly adapt them, just drop me a PM !

Please be aware this is a pre-release quality version, even though I tested it (which took me far more time than I thought, but allowed me to catch some bug and inconsistencies), this might break you save, summon the space kraken or even make you rockets try to learn salsa and, obviously, as rockets should learn tango instead, enter rapid unplanned disassembly phases. Or none of that, depend.

What's next ?

• Dynamic texture changing using Firespitter
  • Other life support mods ?
  • Dang It! support (If I can finally understand how to make it work)
  • Engine Ignitor support
  • Adding support for the launcher, the Libra and the FOBOS

(This list isn't ordered at all, I'll tackle any bugs that would show up before adding something to the configs)

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Also, I included an up-to-date version of Module Manager by Sarbian, check the forum thread for more information and license !

You the man!

Seriously nice work on this.

I'll start going in through it when I have an hour or so free!

In the meantime, I've added it to the front page :)

Beale, really appreciate your community input. How about reviewing chutes for proper support of RealChutes? Of course, it can be done by configs replacement of you cupolas, but would be much better to have them properly working without the replacement.

Hi!

Thanks, I agree it's a very common issue people are coming to me with.

The problem is on the realchutes side, as that's where the compatibility is handled (I can't change it).

I'll try get in touch with the mod author and see if it can be fixed. :)

Edited by Beale