[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

The reactor is a nice good one, but it would be butting heads a little with the Near Future Electrical pack, which I use quite often, two types of nuclear fuel hanging about is probably not a good idea.

I could make this work with a unique resource "Blutonium"? But, not sure.

I recall that Blutonium was already used in some mod (not sure if it was just "Blutonium" or something like "Blutonium-238").

Anyway, IMO it's better to leave it as it is ATM (an infinite KSP RTG) and probably add a support for new NFElectrical decay system (when Nert will finally release it).

I recall that Blutonium was already used in some mod (not sure if it was just "Blutonium" or something like "Blutonium-238").

Anyway, IMO it's better to leave it as it is ATM (an infinite KSP RTG) and probably add a support for new NFElectrical decay system (when Nert will finally release it).

Blutonium was an element in the old SQUAD resource system too, and I've used it in the past for... something (not sure what).

But, yeah, RTGs. They're good.

How 'bout toxium? And an experiment specially made for Jeb including a toxium reactor and ice cream ^^

Good idea.

But, I think this will be better after 1.0, as we will have a much wider selection of resources in stock game (I think?) And much better resource converters, that behave well under time-warp.

The reactor is a nice good one, but it would be butting heads a little with the Near Future Electrical pack, which I use quite often, two types of nuclear fuel hanging about is probably not a good idea.

I could make this work with a unique resource "Blutonium"? But, not sure.

What I was thinking was that there could be an MM to automatically convert the proposed Tantares reactors into Near Future style reactors if Near Future was installed hence the use of the same resource from the CRP so that someone adopting Near Future mid game wouldn't experience any weirdness like suddenly having a tank full of enriched uranium on what should have been a completely depleted craft

Otherwise "blutonium" or some other a unique resource would be best though it should be massless because if it did have mass the craft would slowly get lighter as the reactor was used up as if you were spraying the spent nuclear fuel into space. Basically for simplicity sake and to not clutter the resource menu unessesarily the absence of "blutonium" should denote the presence of "depleted blutonium". but again that just if you don't want the reactor able to be easily mm patched to be a near future style reactor if near future is installed on the fly.

Really I'm just pointing out the stock way of doing this so that you can have reactors and still say that the mod doesn't depend on plugins.

On another note did you get the PM I sent about the Almach?

Nice!

The 6 kerbal transport reminds me of a MIR module, priroda? :D

What I was thinking was that there could be an MM to automatically convert the proposed Tantares reactors into Near Future style reactors if Near Future was installed hence the use of the same resource from the CRP so that someone adopting Near Future mid game wouldn't experience any weirdness like suddenly having a tank full of enriched uranium on what should have been a completely depleted craft

Otherwise "blutonium" or some other a unique resource would be best though it should be massless because if it did have mass the craft would slowly get lighter as the reactor was used up as if you were spraying the spent nuclear fuel into space. Basically for simplicity sake and to not clutter the resource menu unessesarily the absence of "blutonium" should denote the presence of "depleted blutonium". but again that just if you don't want the reactor able to be easily mm patched to be a near future style reactor if near future is installed on the fly.

Really I'm just pointing out the stock way of doing this so that you can have reactors and still say that the mod doesn't depend on plugins.

On another note did you get the PM I sent about the Almach?

First: The PM, did I not send you the model files? Gah! There must have been an error. It will have to wait till tomorrow, soory.

Reactor: I like the sound of what you're saying here. I'll play around with configs soon!

The door is in the wrong place :P

Seriously though, good job.

Good catch!

Actually a custom ladder may be needed for this hatch, add that I don't find the stock ladders so pretty

First: The PM, did I not send you the model files? Gah! There must have been an error. It will have to wait till tomorrow, soory.

No I got the files just fine and thanks again for them. What I was wondering was if you had gotten the reply I had sent with a modified Almach? :)

Beale, I've recently done a rather extensive reshuffle of the mods I use, and I have to say I am loving the work you've done! Your mod allows me to chase off in directions I've not been able to before, with heavy emphasis on the Soviet space programme and possible designs they may have sketched up and thought better of. Thank you for this gift!

I'd like to see some pictures of that!

A custom ladder will be nice. The small ladder sticks out like a sore thumb. With its yellow and white paint, and the other one is so long that it just looks silly and out of proportion.

Not mention all that precious RAM the stock ladders take up. 18Mb for two ladders? Not on Beale's watch :D

Also, well done on getting recognised. I don't use Twitter, but if I did I'd retweet.

Hey Beale... good news: your mod is being spotlighted by the devs!

https://twitter.com/KerbalSpaceP/status/571852426879213570

congrats Beale!

Wow!

I can't believe it!

I guess it's because of 500 pages? Ahaha.

But, it's much appreciated to see this! Thank you devs! :)

Beale, I've recently done a rather extensive reshuffle of the mods I use, and I have to say I am loving the work you've done! Your mod allows me to chase off in directions I've not been able to before, with heavy emphasis on the Soviet space programme and possible designs they may have sketched up and thought better of. Thank you for this gift!

That's great!

Really nice to hear. :)

Made a little space tug thing. Space RV? I dunno. http://i.imgur.com/0DHEt46.png

Really cool little thing. It reminds me of some of the USAF Gemini Lab things. :)

A custom ladder will be nice. The small ladder sticks out like a sore thumb. With its yellow and white paint, and the other one is so long that it just looks silly and out of proportion.

This is it, yep.

Also, I would probably opt for a fixed ladder if I can, eh, but I need to experiment around.

No I got the files just fine and thanks again for them. What I was wondering was if you had gotten the reply I had sent with a modified Almach? :)

Replied! :)

Not mention all that precious RAM the stock ladders take up. 18Mb for two ladders? Not on Beale's watch :D

Also, well done on getting recognised. I don't use Twitter, but if I did I'd retweet.

There are worse offenders than this, a lot of the stock IVAs currently in game use 2048x2048 textures each, so I wouldn't worry about the ladders ahaha!

Bale, a huge request of the ship LK: please change the system RCS, to enable it to fully control the ship without using reaction wheels (which was not present on LC).

In the real block of control engines were installed 16 engines.

- 8 engines [1] thrust of 40 kgf. They are used to control the pitch and yaw. These motors are mounted at an angle of 20 degrees to the horizontal.

- 8 engines [2] a thrust of 10 kgf. They are used to control about the longitudinal axis of the vehicle.

http://i.imgur.com/6kgi0c3.jpg

At the lander was another interesting feature that can be realized as well.

At the base of each of the landing gear were located solid fuel engines. In the final moment of the lunar landing, these engines are pressed lander to the surface. This eliminates tipping the lander in the case of landing on difficult terrain and significant horizontal velocities.

http://i.imgur.com/zgO8zwN.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/KwG8446.jpg

Sources:

Photographs

The book "Memories of the moon ship" (in Russian)

Regardless of whether this is even possible to implement, major kudos for doing the research and sketching the control axies. You could probably replicate the downwards thruster force by strapping a couple of tweaked sep motors to the base. Just tweak down the scale, the burn time, and the burn rate. I somewhat agree on the rotational and translational thrusters. Don't know if it's already too late to be implemented though... I know the LK hasn't been the easiest component for Beale to model. Heh.

Again, many congratulations on the dev feature Beale. :)

Bale, a huge request of the ship LK: please change the system RCS, to enable it to fully control the ship without using reaction wheels (which was not present on LC).

Seconded - and pretty diagrams too! (except I already use separatrons for the landing rockets, and they look fine)

Beale is officially a KSP celebrity! Congratulations Beale!
Regardless of whether this is even possible to implement, major kudos for doing the research and sketching the control axies. You could probably replicate the downwards thruster force by strapping a couple of tweaked sep motors to the base. Just tweak down the scale, the burn time, and the burn rate. I somewhat agree on the rotational and translational thrusters. Don't know if it's already too late to be implemented though... I know the LK hasn't been the easiest component for Beale to model. Heh.

Again, many congratulations on the dev feature Beale. :)

Seconded - and pretty diagrams too! (except I already use separatrons for the landing rockets, and they look fine)

I'll echo others, it's very nice when this amount of effort is put into suggestions, with diagrams and such.

The LK should be able to operate without reaction wheel brute-forcing.

I think the only issue is I cannot change the FX of RCS, so those "tiny jets" sticking out of the main one is difficult, as they will have the same FX.

Like the curtquarquesso says, it's a tricky beast to model, but I think some RCS nodes placed on the LK's lower body may do the trick, if not totally accurate.

I find it odd: LK had no roll control, at all?

As for nesting jets, absolutely!

I really began to love them after my last experiment with them, so useful, so cool looking. :)

(Also I want separatrons that aren't bright white!)

A few other bits of interest to me:

Lo-gain antenna.

a605e05b0f.jpg

Hi-gain dish (Or was it landing radar?)

6807a7fb73.jpg

Battery supply (IIRC)

fc84b05bbf.jpg

Beale is officially a KSP celebrity! Congratulations Beale!

Ohoho, It's been a bizarre day. A big surprise to see this, but it makes me very happy :)

Edited by Beale

I'll echo others, it's very nice when this amount of effort is put into suggestions, with diagrams and such.

The LK should be able to operate without reaction wheel brute-forcing.

I think the only issue is I cannot change the FX of RCS, so those "tiny jets" sticking out of the main one is difficult, as they will have the same FX.

Like the curtquarquesso says, it's a tricky beast to model, but I think some RCS nodes placed on the LK's lower body may do the trick, if not totally accurate.

I find it odd: LK had no roll control, at all?

No. ->

- 8 engines [2] a thrust of 10 kgf. They are used to control about the longitudinal axis of the vehicle.

I really began to love them after my last experiment with them, so useful, so cool looking. :)

(Also I want separatrons that aren't bright white!)

And not so big. Really, KSP have lack of really small things, especially ullage engines and separation engines.

A few other bits of interest to me:

Hi-gain dish (Or was it landing radar?)

http://puu.sh/gi1A3/6807a7fb73.jpg

No, that is not landing radar.

254.jpg

At this picture landing radar shown as #17.

256-1.jpg

But on this picture, landing radar placed at "front" side of LK, and marked #1

Edited by Lexx Thai