[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

And you just retextured Lack's models? :(

The current models are technically made from scratch, but were made based on sizings and positions of Lack's models.

...Why the sad face?

Hmmmm, I may give the HGR 1.875m engines a try in that case, see if they fit the bill.

They also are probably a very good fit! :)

Heatshield and Fairing.

112a78ee30.jpg

5b0d9a63b8.jpg

34220f9117.jpg

025face73e.jpg

7bf0251020.jpg

Edited by Beale

Inevitably revamped? When will that be?

Had to search for what you were talking about... it seems that Porkjet has turned his eyes towards the stock rocket parts (not just the airplane parts) and so we might see the rocket parts be brought more into line with his art style. So eventually the Mk1-2 pod will probaby get redone.

Whenever I try to install this mod with realism overhaul, KSP freezes on loading once it reaches the Tantares parts. Has anybody had this issue before?

Can you tell which part exactly it is stalling on? That can tell much :)

So Beale, if you're not going to make an IVA? What's the diameter of your pod?

Will it be interchangeable? Because that would at least be a good substitute.

By default, everything new is getting an IVA so I will not forget. Older parts will get internals eventually (may be easier in 1.0.5 also).

I like the white color scheme on new capsule. Would it have some new manufacturer?

Thanks!

Cannot say for a new manufacturer. I guess the same manufacturer as TKS, whatever that is. :)

So....what are you planning on putting in the bottom of the lander?

A heat shield with landing legs, something like so:

09c73325c1.jpg

Engines will likely be radial-mounted.

Underneath all this: possibly a descent stage, It really depends on, the Mars mission based around ISRU? So land empty on a single stage and fill up again?

+ Or, descent stage for slow down, "ascent" stage for hover + landing + ascent.

+ Or, descent stage for slow down, hover, landing and ascent stage for... ascent.

Something like this:

33f1b55133.jpg

Personally, I am a fan of the first option (ISRU architecture), but there are options...

Edited by Beale

The big question will be how do you maintain flight stability in both directions?

With gimbals that the gods themselves will envy.

But, really I think it will be not so big of a problem, on Duna.

On Eve/Kerbin/Laythe... Good question.

Can you tell which part exactly it is stalling on? That can tell much :)

Ok, here is my KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfwmswp61l0ibtj/KSP.log?dl=0 (Extremely long due to RO, only look near the end.)

I also have a picture of my GameData: http://imgur.com/i7hZyT0

My Computer has been acting strange recently, so that also might be the problem. :)

With gimbals that the gods themselves will envy.

But, really I think it will be not so big of a problem, on Duna.

On Eve/Kerbin/Laythe... Good question.

Maybe keep the radial engines above the center of mass? any deviation from the flight path by aerodynamic forces would angle the thrusters to push it back on course under most circumstances right?

Thanks a lot for all your guys' work on this MOD. I am very much enjoying it but i have a question. Am I doing something wrong? The rockets seem to be WAY overpowered. I am getting a soyuz type rocket into orbit in almost a single stage, which is to say i am separating the boosters right before reaching APO. In this design i have also removed the usual SOYUZ 3rd stage. With a PROTON type rocket, I AM getting to orbit with about 5% fuel remaining in the 1st stage!!!

Take a look at the "soviet space program career" mod in my sig - the configs it comes with provide a variety of edits/fixes to the parts to make them more balanced. For example, building a copy of the original sputnik rocket will only be able to put a very small payload into low Kerbin orbit, the Proton cannot get you all the way to Duna anymore, the full-stack Soyuz rocket no longer gets you to the Mun, etc etc.

Ok, here is my KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfwmswp61l0ibtj/KSP.log?dl=0 (Extremely long due to RO, only look near the end.)

I also have a picture of my GameData: http://imgur.com/i7hZyT0

My Computer has been acting strange recently, so that also might be the problem. :)

Thanks!

I'll take a look when I have a chance.

Maybe keep the radial engines above the center of mass? any deviation from the flight path by aerodynamic forces would angle the thrusters to push it back on course under most circumstances right?

This could work yeah. Alternatively (much worse) control surfaces.

What can be said is the craft will be bottom-heavy for sure.

I have a question, What happened to that soyuz texture revamp?

What are you asking?

Edited by Beale

For some reason i can't find it, But i will try and describe it, Basically it was changing the pod doors, Adding something vaguely like warning stripes on the sides.

- - - Updated - - -

I found an image of it, Look at the exit of the soyuz return capsule. WI356XJ.gif

For some reason i can't find it, But i will try and describe it, Basically it was changing the pod doors, Adding something vaguely like warning stripes on the sides.

- - - Updated - - -

I found an image of it, Look at the exit of the soyuz return capsule. http://i.imgur.com/WI356XJ.gif

Yes, the new Soyuz textures, what is your question?

Beale, it looks like the problem was RO's fault and it seems to be fixed in the new update. I haven't gotten home yet to test this, so it still may be broken.

Good to hear, hopefully this is the case.

I have taken a quick look at the log, at a glance it is / was a real-fuel issue with the ALV_Engine_C (Proton Upper Stage engine).

Un-textured Mockup

cf317ff7ff.jpg

Edited by Beale