[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, Danny88 said:

Will the LK-1 /VA continue to have that conical adapter piece? I love using it for docking ports or instruments. 

No pieces will be lost :) 
And no saves will be broken!

The LK-1 also includes a parachute of its own design, but I have not had the time to texture it.

c2855fdc5f.jpg

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

shudder Never again...

runs away

Once done a few times, it gets very easy :wink: 

Parachute canopy model face -Z, place stowed in Unity, two animations - only thing you need to remember.

f68d795e5f.jpg

Edited by Beale

13 hours ago, Danny88 said:
10 hours ago, Beale said:

No pieces will be lost :) 
And no saves will be broken!

The LK-1 also includes a parachute of its own design, but I have not had the time to texture it.

Will the LK-1 /VA continue to have that conical adapter piece? I love using it for docking ports or instruments. 

I can't even tell you how much use that parachute is going to get !

6 minutes ago, Unikraken said:

I apologize beforehand for asking this, but some content on my page is blocked due to a webfilter I have to live with. Does this mod have RemoteTech support?

Yes it does, the config is in the download and is automatically loaded if you have RT.

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, uh, Beale. After you finish TKS...

Wow!

That gets the yeast flowing.
Yes, I think the Gemini needs some special love.

13 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I can't even tell you how much use that parachute is going to get !

Very good to hear!

Here it is!
It is shaping up to be a pretty spacecraft, very mouse-like with a little black nose. Only issue is to figure out how solar panels are to be placed.

2814337994.jpg
3786768904.jpg
6ddcd30ba3.jpg
13184e0196.jpg

Edited by Beale

14 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

It's so cute! I want it!

Thanks!

New Parachute Model
Something 99% of persons reading this thread may not find very interesting. But I have used the same parachute model since... many versions ago. A good example of something that slipped through the cracks!

This one is a lot more round! But, not too many extra polygons. Very smooth update... :) 

004c25d677.jpg
81881b5dfe.jpg

Edited by Beale

Oh, everything you've been up to is very interesting! Once 1.1 is released, I'm keen to try my hand at some Chelomei designs now that I won't have to improvise the majority of the parts. :cool:

1 hour ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Oh, everything you've been up to is very interesting! Once 1.1 is released, I'm keen to try my hand at some Chelomei designs now that I won't have to improvise the majority of the parts. :cool:

Thanks!

There is a lot of VA-based craft to be made, a lot of fun to be had...

0dc7ab1b1d.jpg
db68debb00.jpg
6aa91f51c9.jpg
0cd9d79cad.jpg
352821825e.jpg

What about the Fuji?
Well, the fuel tank layout and attachment is driving me crazy.

Leading to absurd parts like this:

9466f8e702.png

Any suggestions on how to lay things out - greatly appreciated!

Needs Custom Solar Panels

e501fc6855.jpg
747b098248.jpg

Edited by Beale

22 minutes ago, hraban said:

Nice, you rework the DM-SLB to 1.875 size?

Please do that and give them a optional Fairing. A nice thing was the todorial tank with 3° rotation.

Thanks! But, it is the same size as ever, just clipped! :) 

Optional fairing would be very good addition.

Craft Test Flight

After 'balancing' the parts...

Very good! Engine is quite inefficient by design, but general large fuel tank means the craft is very gutsy and fun to fly. You can take this guy many places.

253e52ef06.jpg
3bad17bd41.jpg
6d7b81e93f.jpg

Yes, a 1.875m fairing base would be awesome.
I'm currently using a modulemanager hack to scale the tantares fairing base (the ... "flat sided" one, not the "tapered" one .. if that makes sense) to 1.875m and to 5m, but having a native part would be great. That new little engine is also going to be VERY useful in making craft like the LK-700 lander, which right now require radial engines and are a pain to construct.

Between all the things we've seen over the last few pages, the next update is looking to be pretty epic. :)

I found a little problem/visual glitch with Soyuz RCS: it seems that their model texture is still paired with the OLD engine model texture (checked the date of the model file, and it is the same from older one) so with ther reworked engine, they have no colors...
(My fast fix was put both RCS and model in a different directory than the Soyuz one, changing the model path in the cfg and recover the texture file from an older release... :wink:)

Just to let you know the problem and work a solution for future release, Beale

5 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I'm currently using a modulemanager hack to scale the tantares fairing base (the ... "flat sided" one, not the "tapered" one .. if that makes sense) to 1.875m and to 5m, but having a native part would be great. That new little engine is also going to be VERY useful in making craft like the LK-700 lander, which right now require radial engines and are a pain to construct.

Between all the things we've seen over the last few pages, the next update is looking to be pretty epic. :)

I've got a mod that adds a 5m one, it's in my description. I can (and will) make a 1.875m one as well.

Edited by legoclone09

6 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Thanks!

New fairings should be seen very soon.

3 hours ago, stratocracy said:

The Vega CD O4Y and CDC02 comm dishes do not deploy, its a tiny little bug, probs easy to sort :)

Probably an RT bug, I will take a look! :) Thanks!

1 hour ago, kopapaka said:

New Years

Happy new year! Great landing :wink: 

2016!

What is the celebrations with the little one aboard the house? Quiet! But, quite pleasant.

So, five-minute-model: LK-1 Solar panels!

c94852fce8.jpg

Edited by Beale

@Beale

Can you work on Taerobee a bit more? I love the work on Tantares but Taerobee isn't fleshed out much, and hasn't seen an update in a few months. If you need some inspiration, maybe something not seen much, like Robert Goddard's liquid fuelled rocket.

But I am loving the new LK-1 parts, they look very good.

Edited by legoclone09