[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

14 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Is that what it looked like..? Its so boring...

Why so salty?

Reaction image removed by the moderation team.

Will you be adding the Kontakt docking mechanism or something like it? I don't have a problem with using the current docking mechanism that fits onto the LK, but adding the authentic one would be kinda cool.
LOK-docking%20system.jpg

27 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think it does look very plain. It needs some sort of additional shapes to break up both the frustum of the tank, and the frustum of the engines. The perfectly flat surfaces make it look sort of outdated.

Maybe blotch the paint between the white and grey? That would make it fit well with the stock 3.75 meter parts.

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Is that what it looked like..? Its so boring...

46 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

Why so salty? 

Will you be adding the Kontakt docking mechanism or something like it? I don't have a problem with using the current docking mechanism that fits onto the LK, but adding the authentic one would be kinda cool.
LOK-docking%20system.jpg

39 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think it does look very plain. It needs some sort of additional shapes to break up both the frustum of the tank, and the frustum of the engines. The perfectly flat surfaces make it look sort of outdated.

11 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

Maybe blotch the paint between the white and grey? That would make it fit well with the stock 3.75 meter parts.

3 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Looks great @Beale! Can't wait for it!

Thank you for the feedback, it is still very far from complete, but perhaps a little more geometry on the main tank is deserved.

@Joeybafoey I think so, yes.

16 hours ago, tjsnh said:

"Slow" progress he says, and then posts some amazing preview shots which look to be some of his best work to date. :)

Thanks! This will take a long time though.

59dKVh5.png
53BJCfK.png
EhZHytx.png
cZBrQTP.png

Old vs. New

shItCCZ.png
Wf988gH.png

9 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

the author I forgot to quote deleted his comment. He was talking about a forum member who's in trouble because of hurricane Matthew. Never mind

Thanks! Very strange.

Edited by Beale

9 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

I think it would be nice if the inner part of the tank (under the shroud) would have those lines (or whatever you call them) like on the soyuz 7k-lok service module...otherwise it looks great!:D

I'm not sure what you mean :blush:

40 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

I was talking about the lines like on the upper part of this service module :rolleyes:

I see what you're getting at. Like the ridges on the aft section of the S-IVB. Only problem is that it would break up the "hull plating" look Beale is using now, in uncomplimentary ways.

2 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

I was talking about the lines like on the upper part of this service module :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I see what you're getting at. Like the ridges on the aft section of the S-IVB. Only problem is that it would break up the "hull plating" look Beale is using now, in uncomplimentary ways.

I will experiment with the indents.

EfWb8Og.png
yBbDxzq.png
woJOzkd.png
Ujx2Dnw.png
tPweL15.png
QY3fZxQ.png
OblvBpF.png

1 hour ago, Beale said:

I will experiment with the indents.

EfWb8Og.png
yBbDxzq.png
woJOzkd.png
Ujx2Dnw.png
tPweL15.png
QY3fZxQ.png
OblvBpF.png

Great work! I can barely wait to fly her!

If you're redoing Blok G, I think you should make its diameter go down a little so the L3 fairing won't bulge out at the bottom. See how it only barely bulges on the 7L?

Image result for l3 fairing

3 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I disagree, Saturn has such a thing and it looks good; it distinguishes between the walls of the tank, and the thrust structure. Some ribs, along with just a couple primitive meshes to break it up (raised squares or tubes or something) would make it a lot better. Right now the issue is that it looks TOO MUCH like the tank walls - it doesn't look like there is a distinct thrust structure supporting the engines. It looms like they just sprout out of nothing. The engine mount, being inside a fairing, doesn't need to be aerodynamic and smooth. In fact, they try and cram everything that would break up the aerodynamics down around the engines.

In any case, what does the real one look like? Simplified is good for kerbal, but I think TOO simplified is bad, and over the years the game's style has been steadily moving to higher fidelity, higher detail. If that's the extent of the detail of the model, then it will look obsolete before it comes out. With that said, what you have right now is fantastic as a WIP. :)

On 16/10/2016 at 1:17 AM, CobaltWolf said:

I disagree, Saturn has such a thing and it looks good; it distinguishes between the walls of the tank, and the thrust structure. Some ribs, along with just a couple primitive meshes to break it up (raised squares or tubes or something) would make it a lot better. Right now the issue is that it looks TOO MUCH like the tank walls - it doesn't look like there is a distinct thrust structure supporting the engines. It looms like they just sprout out of nothing. The engine mount, being inside a fairing, doesn't need to be aerodynamic and smooth. In fact, they try and cram everything that would break up the aerodynamics down around the engines.

In any case, what does the real one look like? Simplified is good for kerbal, but I think TOO simplified is bad, and over the years the game's style has been steadily moving to higher fidelity, higher detail. If that's the extent of the detail of the model, then it will look obsolete before it comes out. With that said, what you have right now is fantastic as a WIP. :)

Maybe like this?

VtPenys.png

On 16/10/2016 at 0:23 PM, popeter45 said:

with spacedock being up and down a lot at the moment would it be possible if you could have a second download link for tantaresLV?  

I think Spacedock is...

I will probably move to Dropbox for distribution.

On 16/10/2016 at 0:58 AM, Joeybafoey said:

Great work! I can barely wait to fly her!

If you're redoing Blok G, I think you should make its diameter go down a little so the L3 fairing won't bulge out at the bottom. See how it only barely bulges on the 7L?

Image result for l3 fairing

Yes, 1.875m

On 2016/9/10 at 3:09 PM, NeoFatalis said:

c6jRIGB.jpg

This was posted in this thread about a year ago and was made by SnowWhite but the last time she visited the forums was in May and she wasn't very active then either

May I ask where can I get this tower? Thanks!