[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

That a nice  "quick mock-up" of the cream variant you have here :)

Really nice

and this new engine... hummm delicous

Edited by Well

4 hours ago, Beale said:

I can't replicate it in KSP

aE2n0Ze_700b.jpg

Thought the RD 858 was possible in ksp :thonk: from RN soviet spacecraft.

1560699037-lk.jpg

Anyway, the one exhaust chamber looks nice also ! That perfect round shape is tasty !

Edited by DiscoSlelge

21 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

hLclSQ1.png

Incredible LK! Really fills this out with the better landing legs , the life support box is also a nice touch :)

20 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Beale : remaking LK parts, real lander

Also me : Have you experience a real soviet engineering ?

BEHOLD ! the LEK 1975
1560727196-220200-20190617010550-1.png

with SoyuzTM inside the oignon fairing

Comrade, you have proven your skill.

Awesome! Just don't forget the orbiter :D

erlNGMb.jpg

Minor tweaks to colours across both mods, the Red for Meteor and the fairings is now a lot more vibrant, closer to the real things in both references.

zhxPLVy.png

Poll is a lot closer than I expected, we might need to find a compromise (olive?).

@tygoo7 @DriftedCougar interested to hear what you would like.

pgJhNkS.png

Edited by Beale

On 6/16/2019 at 12:49 PM, Beale said:

The RD-858/859 IRL is really cool, though I can't replicate it in KSP, there is a single nozzle exhaust now.

Do you mean that this is not possible or that you don't have time for that? There is another mod by Raidernick who has an LK as well: https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietSpacecraft/

He recreated the engine assembly pretty accurately, with the RD-858, RD-859 and the vernier thrusters as separate parts:

2xz8IX4.png

Maybe you could take a look at these and see if you can replicate that? I'd love to use your version of the Lander, it's truly beautiful.

1 hour ago, Kobymaru said:

Do you mean that this is not possible or that you don't have time for that? There is another mod by Raidernick who has an LK as well: https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietSpacecraft/

2xz8IX4.png

He recreated the engine assembly pretty accurately, with the RD-858, RD-859 and the vernier thrusters as separate parts:

Maybe you could take a look at these and see if you can replicate that? I'd love to use your version of the Lander, it's truly beautiful.

So I should expand a little on the design:

- Kept compatible with the frame, which has a hollow opening of 0.5m, circle mount of 0.625m.
- No engine failure (not supporting any mods that do it either) - so little reason to do 858/859.
- Matching shape would make it less versatile.
- Engine can't hang beneath the frame because of its versatile setup (This really makes the unique shape impractical).

So there are a few restrictions to mesh with. I think there is one of the occasions where fun > accuracy.

Maybe I'll do a naked RD-858-859 eventually.

Oh, I might do the "verniers" also, but just trying to pin down the source on their function / layout / anything.

DKn0xGW.png

Edited by Beale

21 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Comrade, that looks like a very bourgeois descent stage :mad:

/jk Thats amazing. Love the airlock.

Bourgeoisie ? Where ? I only see great lander base komrade nothing in relation with capitalists pïgs !

> Many thanks ! I need to find some trick for the base, making it less LM looking.

20 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

jnZdcVl.png

z9gqMMw.gif

20 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Inspired by the lovely LK of @NeoFatalis I also made a detailed LK with the lunar soyuz !

1560814074-220200-20190618010851-1.png

Argh, you are making such awesome LKs before it is even finished!

The "Hat" will become separate parts (Physicsless so no performance worries). It's a cute Mono tank and allows deeper abominations.
Flick between the last two images for a FUN animation.

70aWsY5.png
coQs7B3.png
IlnfM1U.png

Edited by Beale

Github

• New mono tanks
  • Adjusted engine balance, it has a much lower thrust than the old engine, but can maintain a >1 TWR on Kerbin thanks to the improved SL ISP. Neat!

Don't worry, I will fix the FX soon.
After some help with sources, may add the triple-nozzle design back.

yIwEU0A.png
unknown.png?width=596&height=614

Edited by Beale