[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, PriusMann said:

whats the mod for the buildings and launch sites? 

Just to add to what CobaltWolf said above, these specific towers are available in the "AlphaDev" branch of Modular Launch Pads on github. 

6 hours ago, Beale said:

Let me know how these feel.

Sounds are good. Ladders work well!

Edit: Actually, ladder fouling on fuel tank slightly when separating depending on placement, but not a huge issue.

Edited by Fly Angry

17 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

Edit: Actually, ladder fouling on fuel tank slightly when separating depending on placement, but not a huge issue.

I will look to tweak it a little :)

2 hours ago, dimovski said:

Do my eyes deceive me, or does this mod feature a Meteor satellite now? *weeps with joy*

It even comes in many 2 colours

The sheeps say hello.

EaekZzV.png
6uLs3il.png

On 4/29/2019 at 3:24 AM, Zorg said:

Playing career mode, had a contract to build a station and then another to expand it. ended up spending triple the rewards but it was worth it :p

Features recolours by "Tantares now in colours" linked in OP.

2uZZKQYh.png

RN3JzwLh.png

O1RQCwch.png

S9roms6h.png

CMGuURWh.png

YUApuFqh.png

Nice one Beale! Just downloaded new Soyuz :D

graphics mods?

3 minutes ago, PriusMann said:

graphics mods?

EVE, Scaterrer, KS3P (custom config), Planetshine, Distant Object Enhancement (for dimming the skybox). This was Galileos Planet Pack so no additional visual pack needed as it comes with configs for Scaterrer and EVE and has high res textures.

The config used for KS3P is by OrbitalPhoenix and you can get it from here:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Zorg said:

EVE, Scaterrer, KS3P (custom config), Planetshine, Distant Object Enhancement (for dimming the skybox). This was Galileos Planet Pack so no additional visual pack needed as it comes with configs for Scaterrer and EVE and has high res textures.

The config used for KS3P is by OrbitalPhoenix and you can get it from here:

Reveal hidden contents

Quick question what is your current version of KSP and also i've notice that your Energia M has a custom launchpad and i also check that KS3P is outdated.

9 minutes ago, PriusMann said:

Quick question what is your current version of KSP and also i've notice that your Energia M has a custom launchpad and i also check that KS3P is outdated.

So those pictures are from when I was using 1.6.1, KS3P however is working for me right now in 1.7.1.

The custom launch pads are from the "AlphaDev" development branch of Modular Launch Pads available on github. I built it using the shuttle launch pad parts and a few extra bits.

Download link:

13 minutes ago, Zorg said:

So those pictures are from when I was using 1.6.1, KS3P however is working for me right now in 1.7.1.

The custom launch pads are from the "AlphaDev" development branch of Modular Launch Pads available on github. I built it using the shuttle launch pad parts and a few extra bits.

Download link:

ONE MORE THING BEFORE I PREPARE STARTING MY GAME. (srry4caps, lol) does BlueDogDesignBureu, and Tantares now in colour work work with KSP 1.7.x 

9 minutes ago, PriusMann said:

ONE MORE THING BEFORE I PREPARE STARTING MY GAME. (srry4caps, lol) does BlueDogDesignBureu, and Tantares now in colour work work with KSP 1.7.x 

Yes BDB works and so does Tantares in colours. However Tantares in colours patches the old Soyuz parts so it doesnt apply alternative textures to the newest Soyuz parts. Drakenex will probably update Tantares in colours in the future. The other alternate skins for stuff like the space station parts, Proton etc all are fine.

5 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Hmm, but doesn't the upper half of the ladder just go up with the ascent stage?

Absolutely correct, annoying the way KSP likes to "snap" ladders to spherical colliders makes it impractical - To get the angle correct (Unfortunate that the LK ladder is such a specific shape).

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Absolutely correct, annoying the way KSP likes to "snap" ladders to spherical colliders makes it impractical - To get the angle correct (Unfortunate that the LK ladder is such a specific shape).

I always have to manually tweak the position of the LK ladder by tiny increments etc etc.

Consider, making a 2nd version of the part that's custom aligned for radial attachment to the tantares LK pod. Like, the actual ladder and mesh are offset from the attachment point by an amount that makes it placed correctly if radially attached to the LK pod on the correct side, if you know what I mean.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, tjsnh said:

I always have to manually tweak the position of the LK ladder by tiny increments etc etc.

Consider, making a 2nd version of the part that's custom aligned for radial attachment to the tantares LK pod. Like, the actual ladder and mesh are offset from the attachment point by an amount that makes it placed correctly if radially attached to the LK pod on the correct side, if you know what I mean.

For that I think a node would suit the purpose.

If somebody made that I would happily include it with a patch, but it's not something I am looking to do right now / too single purpose.

Hey these colours match certain poll options...

EFPbmXs.png
fL7GVrw.png
qkA1LMc.png

Edited by Beale

Antenna - the fixed part has three variants, level, 30 degrees and 60 degrees. (This also applies now to the LK RCS thruster because the "up" variant was redundant).

y6KGZ5D.png
XpkITWJ.png

14 hours ago, DriftedCougar said:

What is that for an LK?

I don't understand sorry.