[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Nice use of the Almach engines! Looks very similar to my

Looks cool! May I ask, what is the challenge you do? May I have a link (I want to participate too :))?

Very nice! :)

The Gemini was just the beginning! :wink:

But it was also basically the end of American stuff by me, Titan aside.

But, I will say I am not sure about the thermal blanket.

This is a very quick put-together, which is maybe why it doesn't look great.

http://puu.sh/g1dgP/df81c39150.jpg

http://puu.sh/g1dpJ/1c2419d33e.jpg

Edit: Softer alpha is a bit more pleasing...

http://puu.sh/g1dv0/2a3adcbb8a.jpg

He-he, it's really cool that we finally have the black Soyuz. :)

And for the Titan, isn't it "far away" in the plans?

He-he, it's really cool that we finally have the black Soyuz. :)

And for the Titan, isn't it "far away" in the plans?

It's back there!

Ehm, check the sheet soon, I'll probably chuck down the parts I think it will need.

But basically it is in line behind N-1 > LK > PPTS > Angara > Titan (Poor Titan).

If you're reading this: That's right! I actually have a road map for this thing, finally!

N-1 Final(ish) Texture.

Really quite happy with this now.

The "panels" are lightened a bit, they will be given focus through the specular. (If this does not make sense, I mean they are closer in appearance to my Zenit tanks in AB launchers.)

180c0f7874.jpg

Edited by Beale

It's back there!

Ehm, check the sheet soon, I'll probably chuck down the parts I think it will need.

But basically it is in line behind N-1 > LK > PPTS > Angara > Titan (Poor Titan).

If you're reading this: That's right! I actually have a road map for this thing, finally!

What's the Titan?

EDIT: D'oh! It's the Gemini launcher...

Beale would it be possible that you could please share some of the 3dmodel and possibly even unity files for your parts? I need some reference material if I'm going to finish the tantares-esque mercury parts I started and blender doesn't seem to like me using the .mu importer anymore :(

Edited by passinglurker

Very nice texture for the N1!

Many thanks!

WIP Specular, a tricky one.

fea34f15d8.jpg

53093deaf4.jpg

Beale would it be possible that you could please share some of the 3dmodel and possibly even unity files for your parts? I need some reference material if I'm going to finish the tantares-esque mercury parts I started and blender doesn't seem to like me using the .mu importer anymore :(

PM'd

Only slightly ;)

Well, I do not think it is such a high priority to fix, but, that could be considered a small exploit.

Eh, ah well.

More! :)

And thanks!

cbe9cfd0ce.jpg

03ae2bfb79.jpg

Edited by Beale

Many thanks!

WIP Specular, a tricky one.

http://puu.sh/g1sac/fea34f15d8.jpg

http://puu.sh/g1sbW/53093deaf4.jpg

PM'd

Well, I do not think it is such a high priority to fix, but, that could be considered a small exploit.

Eh, ah well.

More! :)

And thanks!

http://puu.sh/g1svX/cbe9cfd0ce.jpg

http://puu.sh/g1sAc/03ae2bfb79.jpg

My fingers are getting itchy to test the N-1... it looks.... so great!

Shiiiiny... Wonderful! I can assume that this is all three tanks stacked on top of each other without their respective engine clusters, correct? Are decouplers going to be separate, or built into the top of the tank?

Yes, these are just tanks.

Decouplers are separate, they are half the height of the engines.

My fingers are getting itchy to test the N-1... it looks.... so great!

Eheh! Well it will be a while yet. Don't underestimate what a beast the Block A engine is to produce! :)

Many thanks.

Edited by Beale

Emissive Re-map.

Re-did the emissive with more border edges.

Because the thing is so damn big, there were some troubles with Texel clamping / Edge bleeding.

Basically it will look prettier from a distance now.

Now we have the colour scheme, etc. I am much more confident to continue with the engines!

aa9755552d.jpg

c054d3a216.jpg

The scale is okay I think. Keep in mind those on the right are rescale = 1.00 scale, while I have modeled the N-1 in 1.25m scale (I.E those on the right should be 1.25x bigger in game). The Height is roughly accurate.

Remember! The winning vote up there becomes the new Soyuz scheme in the next release! Not long left to vote now :wink:Or maybe it won't because this isn't a democracy, you're under the bready dictatorship. ;-) xoxo

Edited by Beale

Remember! The winning vote up there becomes the new Soyuz scheme in the next release! Not long left to vote now :wink:Or maybe it won't because this isn't a democracy, you're under the bready dictatorship. ;-) xoxo

Yeah, but i would also consider to go further with a option to select between paint schemes using Firespitter.

Yeah, but i would also consider to go further with a option to select between paint schemes using Firespitter.

I'm happy to include alternate textures for manual switching, but not so comfortable with the firespitter switching, it's a lot of extra bloat for something only some people will use.

I'm happy to include alternate textures for manual switching, but not so comfortable with the firespitter switching, it's a lot of extra bloat for something only some people will use.

But, you can offer it as an addon download for more paint schemes as an alternate download file with the edited cfg's and textures in it: if you don't want it, then you simply don't download the addon.

But, you can offer it as an addon download for more paint schemes as an alternate download file with the edited cfg's and textures in it: if you don't want it, then you simply don't download the addon.

That may work. In the past the fireswapper stuff was done by placing the 'manual' alt textures folder inside the Tantares folder, in order to work.

The N-1 has to be the most Kerbal thing ever made by human hands.

Nope.. this is..

AntonovA40.jpg

I can see in it: Procedural Wings, Active Struts, Caterpillar Tracks and a few other mods..

Jeb would be very happy to test it..

- - - Updated - - -

THIS!!! Would be nice!

*cough*

http://www.stefano.pozzato.name/miosito/razzistoria/razzistoriafoto/BACHEM_NATTER_ON_LAUNCH_PAD.JPG

supposedly the only guy to fly it inadvertently broke the sound barrier, but because of ww2 the guinness book of world records or whatever people weren't on hand so the spot in the history books went to chuck instead. ;)

To hold a record, do you have to live to tell about it? Because I don't see how that guy would have...

To hold a record, do you have to live to tell about it? Because I don't see how that guy would have...

well he didn't soooo... moral of the story don't put a working stick in a pilots hands when they are about to suddenly experience 3g's of acceleration... also make sure all cockpit latches are secured and that the pilots head rest is not attached to and does not move with the cockpit hatch when it suddenly fly's open cause the craft flew upside down at high speed >.>