[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Gilly is among my favourite places to go, but it is tricky! KAS anchors are very useful. Also realise you can fly around on RCS like a hovercar.

The Gilly landing is only a small part of a much larger Eve mission. I've designed a crew habitat ship to carry four Kerbals to Eve. I'm still not sure what all I can do once I get to Eve. A crewed landing on Eve is out of the question completely, but I think I could possibly fly a small plane into Eve's upper atmosphere a few times. I could also drop probes into Eve's atmosphere and say that they're monitored by the orbiting crew or something. I'm still looking for things I could do at Eve/Gilly, the mission still seems pretty sparse.

They also posses some very very interesting properties, I will allow curtquarquesso to elaborate! :)

I'm at lunch at the moment, so I'll be brief. By messing with an animated collider, soft-docking before hard-docking is now possible. It's amazing, feels really immersive, and more importantly, allows you to rotate your spacecraft any way you want before you hard dock.

Stay tuned. APAS is next on the list.

Edited by curtquarquesso

http://youtu.be/H6ZF02him7w

I'm at lunch at the moment, so I'll be brief. By messing with animated collider, soft-docking before hard-docking. It's amazing, feels really immersive, and more importantly, allows you to rotate your spacecraft any way you want before you hard dock.

ooph! That's awesome!

I'm at lunch at the moment, so I'll be brief. By messing with an animated collider, soft-docking before hard-docking is now possible. It's amazing, feels really immersive, and more importantly, allows you to rotate your spacecraft any way you want before you hard dock.

That, coupled with APAS: epic realism!

I am speechless. That makes docking so much easier!

Hi all, I'd like to be able to use the Tantares Vostok capsule for a KSP Voskhod mission. I know I can just change the crew capacity to 3 but for the purpose of a career game, would it be possible to write a module manager config unlocking an increased crew capacity on a higher technology (say, basic command modules over early command modules (I'm using SETI, by the way))? If it is possible, can anyone knock one up quickly please? Doesn't have to be too specific, I'd just like to see the basic structure of such a config.

Does anyone have a USI-LS config for the extended Cygnus/ the ATV?????

None does exist AFAIK, sorry!

Hi all, I'd like to be able to use the Tantares Vostok capsule for a KSP Voskhod mission. I know I can just change the crew capacity to 3 but for the purpose of a career game, would it be possible to write a module manager config unlocking an increased crew capacity on a higher technology (say, basic command modules over early command modules (I'm using SETI, by the way))? If it is possible, can anyone knock one up quickly please? Doesn't have to be too specific, I'd just like to see the basic structure of such a config.

You can just copy the Vostok config and rename it, no need for Module Manager for this. :)

Idea for atmospheric lander.

Single-Stage-To-Orbit on Duna. Put a crew of three Kerbals on the surface.

You can also send it to Eve, Kerbin or Laythe, but I don't think it would be wise to allow to return from those.

Land on parachutes? Separate landing stage? There is much to figure out.

The engine is not modeled, but would likely combine landing legs.

eb4bc55c37.jpg

What concept is it modeled on? None. But, I would like to follow the "archetype" of fat-bottom capsule.

One issue: a lot of the concepts rely on nested designs, which we can see from trouble with LK isn't really practical in KSP.

So for this, it would be one monolithic vehicle.

So yes, it is an 'original' design. Perhaps does not even seem right to be part of Tantares.

092892c11f.jpg

e7c731b5c0.jpg

4c7f592498.jpg

Soyuz revamp is more or less done, Luna-9 is working well, docking ports need to be changed.

About PPTS? About other things shown? I am a little disorganized I admit.

Edited by Beale

Hi Beale,

about PPTS, i have the Orbital-Engines ready. The Tank also (1 Tank for Kerbin Orbit, 2 Tanks for Mun-Return). Work on a AMAZONAS LH2/LOX (RD-0120) upperstage for Mun transfer.

A RIVER (Angara) with 6 NAAB as Booster (RD-191) and one AMAZONAS (RD-0120) as center 2nd Stage is on work.

We need:

- modern RCS-Clusters

- modern High-Gain Antennas for long Range communication

Idea for atmospheric lander.

Single-Stage-To-Orbit on Duna. Put a crew of three Kerbals on the surface.

You can also send it to Eve, Kerbin or Laythe, but I don't think it would be wise to allow to return from those.

Land on parachutes? Separate landing stage? There is much to figure out.

The engine is not modeled, but would likely combine landing legs.

http://puu.sh/kQ9QQ/eb4bc55c37.jpg

What concept is it modeled on? None. But, I would like to follow the "archetype" of fat-bottom capsule.

One issue: a lot of the concepts rely on nested designs, which we can see from trouble with LK isn't really practical in KSP.

So for this, it would be one monolithic vehicle.

So yes, it is an 'original' design. Perhaps does not even seem right to be part of Tantares.

http://puu.sh/kQ9uv/092892c11f.jpg

http://puu.sh/kQ9y3/e7c731b5c0.jpg

http://puu.sh/kQ9VI/4c7f592498.jpg

Yes please!

As long as it´s simple and beautiful, I think it could be a part of Tantares.

Beale, I know it's probably not the direction to go but I know some people have had some success with making nested designs by creating two halves, so there isn't a hole in the middle. It wouldn't work nearly as well for the LK but for a design such as this it might be doable.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Hi Beale,

about PPTS, i have the Orbital-Engines ready. The Tank also (1 Tank for Kerbin Orbit, 2 Tanks for Mun-Return). Work on a AMAZONAS LH2/LOX (RD-0120) upperstage for Mun transfer.

A RIVER (Angara) with 6 NAAB as Booster (RD-191) and one AMAZONAS (RD-0120) as center 2nd Stage is on work.

We need:

- modern RCS-Clusters

- modern High-Gain Antennas for long Range communication

PPTS engines are somewhat modeled for myself :) What I'm struggling with is the effort to finish, unwrap and texture them.

Since the PPTS is so large, not sure custom RCS jets are needed, stock parts are of appropriate size.

Yes please!

As long as it´s simple and beautiful, I think it could be a part of Tantares.

Nice to hear!

Beale, I know it's probably not the direction to go but I know some people have had some success with making nested designs by creating two halves, so there isn't a hole in the middle. It wouldn't work nearly as well for the LK but for a design such as this it might be doable.

Would involve the creation of more intermediate sizes, I'm not convinved :sealed:

Is there no IVA for the Vostok capsule? Could have sworn it used to have one...

Working on it :)

Luna with fairing.

bc403f41a8.jpg

94be84bd51.jpg

0cab7b619a.jpg

b186216e27.jpg

Nice lander concept. But why isn't their an ascent stage?

I like to have something besides the flag to leave behind. Can't you include that at least?

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Reread the reasons, but is there a way you can make each section it's own part so we can at least try?

Nice lander concept. But why isn't their an ascent stage?

I like to have something besides the flag to leave behind. Can't you include that at least?

EDIT: Reread the reasons, but is there a way you can make each section it's own part so we can at least try?

Bits-and-pieces are a maybe. It would really snowball into an entirely different project though! :confused:

Would it require more non-standard sizes? I don't think so. Have the outer diameter be a stock size, have the inner diameter be a stock size. Radial attach, allow crossfeed, perhaps include the separating modules.

Apologies, I misunderstood you before.

There are ways to do this with the split sections, but from practical tests in the past, the colliders are not always reliable, not to mention it makes assembly a much less straightforward process :)

Beale, why not get Blacsky33, to help you? He made the LK a Nested design?

Honestly, I just want to see the landing base left behind on the surface. If you could just do that I think it'd look perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why not 4 kerbals in the capsule? That's how many the MEM has.

So this atmospheric landerthing is basically shaping up like the propulsive lander proposals like dragon, ppts, big soyuz, etc? In that case why not some various sizes of heat shield/landing leg and some low drag radial engines? That way we can use wherever pod we wish and it saves you from adding another iva to the list. Then just slap a castor name on it and toss it in the misc folder with the rest of the original stuff

Soyuz Advanced Docking Mechanisms Beta + Mir 6-Way Revamp Preview:

WI356XJ.gif

Beta Dropbox Download (When you download, please try to break it and make it do ugly things so I can make it better.)

Currently, the beta parts have different names than the existing docking mechanisms, so they will NOT replace your existing ports and break saves. When these docking mechanisms do get released, they will replace your existing 0.9375m probe and drogue docking ports. Don't worry, they don't break saves. All you have to do is reattach them in the editor as the dimensions are slightly different. Nothing catastrophic.

kVooNsf.pngFYgAyx3.png

pszUO8n.png

4xpMUO0.gif

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Place both .mu and .cfg files in your GameData/Tamtares/Parts/SOYUZ folder.

• Prior to docking, make sure the docking probe is extended.

• Once soft-dock has occurred, rotate to desired position, then click "Retract Probe" from the actions menu to initiate hard-dock.

• Make sure when you undock, the probe is still retracted. If you undock with the probe extended, it'll fling your spacecraft apart violently. If you don't extend or retract the probe while already docked, this will be a non-issue.

Beale has the source model files, and once he touches up the textures, he'll send them back to me for Unity export and eventual release.

I've also greatly improved and revamped the Vega/Mir Node. It's modeled, but not really textured. Texturing is Beale's area of expertise, not mine. :P

2JgLZiw.pnggcP3U8t.pngwtVbUSi.png
Edited by curtquarquesso

Hey Beale,

Still love this pack, it's stock 2.0 to me.

2 questions/requests of you, since you always seem to find work anyways :)

1) Any chance you could revamp the front post? Link to Contares, Tantares Procedural Textures, Q orbital systems, Curt's tweakscale revamps, do an accumulated "Tantares Industries" kind of linkfest? Surely you must know there's an endless sea of work centered around your own amazing pack, and being able to access it in one place would be fantastic.

2) Now i believe this was discussed a long time ago, but i'd like to weigh in on it again: Any chance of some more "colorful" optional reskins for some of the models? A black or green soyuz, some more color banding for the r7? I have actually tried my hand at it a few times but you have a very tight set of skins and mbms that are a little overwhelming to get into in the first place. I understand you set out to be stock-alike, and i think everyone in the thread can agree: You ARE the new stock. But i would really appreciate at least the option for a little more color and variety than grey on grey on grey.

Thanks almighty loaf