[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 01/12/2016 at 5:35 AM, Bill the Kerbal said:

All the station parts are missing IVAs, is that mention to happen. 

They're a little too much work to create.

@hraban It's almost time for the grid-fins :wink: 

c73PbL7.png
5Ma2MPk.png

Edited by Beale

18 hours ago, Beale said:

They're a little too much work to create.

@hraban It's almost time for the grid-fins :wink: 

c73PbL7.png
5Ma2MPk.png

Those three rectangles on each fairing and the base of Blok A are supposed to be faring sep jets, so there's not much of a reason for them to be on Blok A. Obviously they're not hurting anything, but it would make the realisticness better if they weren't there. Great job btw!

Edited by Joeybafoey

1 hour ago, Joeybafoey said:

Those three rectangles on each fairing and the base of Blok A are supposed to be faring sep jets, so there's not much of a reason for them to be on Blok A. Obviously they're not hurting anything, but it would make the realisticness better if they weren't there. Great job btw!

Personally, it's only greeble, no function.

25 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

doesn't something need to be in colour to be colourised? :P 

qWBCxvY.png

So close you can smell it.

5Q0PseT.png
ZQOyRIO.png

man Imma have so much fun sticking all kinds of things on top of that stack lol

N1 is super reliable for getting my stuff into obit, thanks to that nice, wide thrust base and bottom-heavy areo that keeps it from vert-spins with all but the largest payloads.

anyway, @Beale, can we get a breakdown on IVAs? it'd be nice to know what's done and what still needs doing- I know the Spectre capsule is IVA-less, as are most of the orbital parts, and I may go through the hassle of setting them up myself even. I may mostly dabble with MM patches for KSP, but I have done rather more involved projects in other games.

someone else can deal with RPM, but I could likely whip up some spaces using generic props and so on (though I will say in advance that such IVAs may end up having 'extra' seats to accommodate my personal preferences regarding 'how many Kerbals can I reasonably cram in here?'

in fact, I may end up fiddling with the Orb modules, since I'd like to add a second seat and some 'equipment-y' stuff like some of the MKII expansion IVAs.

well that and adding internals for the round orbital hab modules (the 'hamal' line) since none of them actually seat Kerbals despite supposedly being habs.

and let's not even get into that 2m hab that seats one.

On 05/12/2016 at 5:07 AM, Mechtech said:

anyway, @Beale, can we get a breakdown on IVAs?

I have a comprehensive breakdown of the IVA project below. We're starting with the Salyut and moving forward from there.

It's quite large reading, just beware.

Spoiler

GgocaNK.png

1 hour ago, Beale said:

GgocaNK.png

While it's certainly not terribly important to me and I understand why you're holding off on them, after all of the part overhauls are done and after the new Tantares (without Vostok and such) is released, will IVAs then become a possibility?

16 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

While it's certainly not terribly important to me and I understand why you're holding off on them, after all of the part overhauls are done and after the new Tantares (without Vostok and such) is released, will IVAs then become a possibility?

No, I literally have no plans for them at all.

I might do an IVA occasionally (See LK lander), but that's it. They should not be expected.

More important things:

iuH1WOi.png

Edited by Beale