Beale

[1.7.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [18.0][14/07/2019][New LK]

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Beale said:

Beautiful! How did you get the fairings so smooth?

Simple :wink: It's actually two fairings - one clipped into the TKS' rear command pod (I can't recall the source right now, but, as I read, its outer ring actually was the ship's fairing base) and the other acting as an interstage. The docking port is, naturally, attached to the FB and clipped outwards. Here's what the whole setup (minus the rocket) looks like:

1bHipG1.jpg   SE72hxd.jpg

BTW, the same clip-in technique was used for LOK's interstage, if anyone's curious.

And while I'm still here, I have a bug to report: the Soyuz fairing (T-APS) fails to jetisson, but the model becomes transparent for the ship (it passes through when separated). Can you do something about it?

Edited by TK-313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Beale I think I have made a pull request, but it's by first time doing something other than downloading a branch on github so I may have done something wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Deltac@Drakenex I'm loving the new color schemes for Tantares. I have two requests, however. Could a set of recolors be done for the Soyuz docking ports? Also, I noticed there is no green version of the Older Service Module. Was that intended? You guys have done a phenomenal job, keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Deltac@Drakenex I'm loving the new color schemes for Tantares. I have two requests, however. Could a set of recolors be done for the Soyuz docking ports? Also, I noticed there is no green version of the Older Service Module. Was that intended? You guys have done a phenomenal job, keep it up.

I'll check up what can be done for the docking ports.

Unreleased but I've made one

wGwqay0.png

 

I making a separate topic together with Deltac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, damonvv said:


5vm1VfO.gif

Happy Launches!

I really had a little giggle here (As quiet as possible at 1am).

3 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Simple :wink: It's actually two fairings - one clipped into the TKS' rear command pod (I can't recall the source right now, but, as I read, its outer ring actually was the ship's fairing base) and the other acting as an interstage. The docking port is, naturally, attached to the FB and clipped outwards. Here's what the whole setup (minus the rocket) looks like:

1bHipG1.jpg   

BTW, the same clip-in technique was used for LOK's interstage, if anyone's curious.

And while I'm still here, I have a bug to report: the Soyuz fairing (T-APS) fails to jetisson, but the model becomes transparent for the ship (it passes through when separated). Can you do something about it?

Very clever! I love your designed.
We will have to think about this when doing Polyus.

Re: the T-APS, erm I cannot reproduce this, do you have any pictures to help?

1 hour ago, Chimer4 said:

@Beale I think I have made a pull request, but it's by first time doing something other than downloading a branch on github so I may have done something wrong

Thanks! Yes that looks perfect, I will integrate it when I have a moment.

 

Hopefully this will be a short fun project, well I am already having a lot of fun. The Fobos probe! Precursor to both the Fregat and Fobos Grunt.
It was generally a failure in reality, but Phobos 2 retrieved valuable Mars science, even if it failed the primary objective.

w38GwP8.png  Currently there are 7 unique parts in here, a lot more to come.
GkRkBIy.png
C81pjJ0VoAABqQQ.jpg
Rz2UEwW.png

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Deltac@Drakenex I'm loving the new color schemes for Tantares. I have two requests, however. Could a set of recolors be done for the Soyuz docking ports? Also, I noticed there is no green version of the Older Service Module. Was that intended? You guys have done a phenomenal job, keep it up.

it's all soontm:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, Beale said:

*snip*

Yes! The Soviet Union's first and only attempt of a Mars-rover, the adorable Prop-M!

*snip*

Sadly, it doesn't appear to be easily possible in KSP, so this may be an item for the archive of failed plans.

 

Perhaps the Prop-M could be a deploy-able experiment part. it could be an autonomous soil experiment or a unique 'mini rover experiment' part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did do some texture work recently:

mSTKIMo.png

Everything shall be green!  >:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Deltac said:

I did do some texture work recently:

mSTKIMo.png

Everything shall be green!  >:D

Green TKS! Yay!

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Re: the T-APS, erm I cannot reproduce this, do you have any pictures to help?

Be my guest.

Spoiler

Here is a Soyuz taking off. As you can see on the left, we're going to stage the LES and the fairing at the same time. Staging...

tqUmb4i.jpg

Here goes nothing!

0d42i3j.jpg

But the fairing became ship-transparent.

H8RIYwT.jpg

Now let's try fairing first...

Bp8KehP.jpg

It works!

zmqFr17.jpg

And the LES first...

IZXPjbs.jpg

Mind the staging sequence again: the fairing isn't staged yet, but is already marked as spent and will behave as in case 1.

nenejom.jpg

All in all, this is some weird fairing behavior, IMO.

Edited by TK-313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TK-313 said:

Green TKS! Yay!

Be my guest.

All in all, this is some weird fairing behavior, IMO.

I've seen that before, but I don't think it's a problem with tantares as I've seen it with other fairings. In my own experiences, it happens if you stage the fairing at the same time you decouple the thing that it's attached to.

Seems to be a bug present in stock, just tested it in my test install (no other mods) and I can replicate it.

Edited by Chimer4
testing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chimer4 said:

I've seen that before, but I don't think it's a problem with tantares as I've seen it with other fairings. In my own experiences, it happens if you stage the fairing at the same time you decouple the thing that it's attached to.

Seems to be a bug present in stock, just tested it in my test install (no other mods) and I can replicate it.

Oh. A pity, then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Noah_Blade said:

Perhaps the Prop-M could be a deploy-able experiment part. it could be an autonomous soil experiment or a unique 'mini rover experiment' part

Nice ideas! 
But the main unfortunate problem is that it just cannot move by itself.

4 hours ago, Deltac said:

I did do some texture work recently:

mSTKIMo.png

Everything shall be green!  >:D

Oh that's really beautiful! Great job!

3 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Looking good! @Beale, Any chance of getting flags back on the various parts that used to have them?

For sure yes,

I have been meaning to do it for a while, but it's a very boring job :D 

1 hour ago, TK-313 said:

Oh. A pity, then...

It is one less problem for me :D but, Im hope this bug is fixed.

 

 

I5qC9GM.png
bSimNJO.png
9679DjO.png 1.25m
OQz8Qf0.png 0.625

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, damonvv said:

J9IbPgW.png

I fixed it

Everytime this is posted, I will increase the colour saturation by 1.

 

 

 

M9zf3hC.png 'fuzzy' prototype en route.
m6P94Rj.jpg The super powerful engines make the last moves.
Lewfggp.png Highly advanced micro-satellite is launched (Should I make a Prop-F? ).
JQmWuIs.png And finally, no, we are not landing - back up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fDv0jd5.png

Don't test me @Beale :wink::D 

But the new parts look really good! Can't wait to use them myself :) 

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Back from some time off, I'd like to ask @Beale a question: where is (or why there isn't anymore) the shorter version of the Mir double cylindrical external tanks? I'd like to redo my ISS.

This is what I mean, they are needed for Zarya

xtWPgJL.png

Also, why there isn't a connector from medium size (Zarya crew compartment) to small size (4 way docking port adapter)? An example for this measure is the TKS capsule, but shorter and of course only structural

Edited by trooperMNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2017 at 1:18 PM, trooperMNG said:

Hi everyone! Back from some time off, I'd like to ask @Beale a question: where is (or why there isn't anymore) the shorter version of the Mir double cylindrical external tanks? I'd like to redo my ISS.

This is what I mean, they are needed for Zarya

xtWPgJL.png

Also, why there isn't a connector from medium size (Zarya crew compartment) to small size (4 way docking port adapter)? An example for this measure is the TKS capsule, but shorter and of course only structural

Welcome back :)

Unfortunately I have not made the half-lenght tanks yet, but there are some new Zarya parts (see below). 
The adapter is the bottom image.

sHnqGrK.png
Fj5Cngw.png
XV6qraq.png (Not in this colour :D )

Zarya.Craft

 

w1qTS0g.png
MgRYjIO.png

zG6xI1h.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Beale said:

I've got spurs, that jingle jangle jingle...

I want to set the world on fire.. wait that's not the lyrics..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Deltac said:

I want to set the world on fire.. wait that's not the lyrics..

The new materials lab will give you uranium fever!

 

GitHub

iv5UiMF.png The maiden flight of Боп 1Ф
ChsfTyT.png Yes, yes... Interesting...
Ba5jmqy.png These nozzles have lost their warranty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beale said:

The new materials lab will give you uranium fever!

 

GitHub

iv5UiMF.png The maiden flight of Боп 1Ф
ChsfTyT.png Yes, yes... Interesting...
Ba5jmqy.png These nozzles have lost their warranty.

 

Wait, so is this part going to be added alongside these other ones?

PBZ3ecx.png

Or is it replacing them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.