[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

This Mod gave me the the Kraken.

4yXuCCv.png

what i did is that i hacked gravity with a craft i made in career mode with the parts. (Essentially the Tantares/Soyuz except without the small docking port, as i had not unlocked it)

Then i flew around KSC to the VAB, and crashed it still with hack gravity on, and i landed it on the "Road" between the launchpad and the VAB for the crawler like thing. And then i made Bill, the only Kerbal in the Soyuz/Tantares (Which was now just the crew module, no orbital nor propulsion, (Jeb was in the Orbital and he died, but at least he respawns.) And i walked around a bit, got back in, and did that a few times. (I turned off hack gravity when the descent/crew module with Bill in it landed). And then, on my like 3rd or 4th or 5th time of doing that, I got out, and then i got the Kraken. Either this mod, or KSP itself did it. i don't know. BUT KRAKEN!!!!!!!!

(This is actually the first time I've encountered the Kraken)

This Mod gave me the the Kraken.

-snip-

what i did is that i hacked gravity with a craft i made in career mode with the parts. (Essentially the Tantares/Soyuz except without the small docking port, as i had not unlocked it)

Then i flew around KSC to the VAB, and crashed it still with hack gravity on, and i landed it on the "Road" between the launchpad and the VAB for the crawler like thing. And then i made Bill, the only Kerbal in the Soyuz/Tantares (Which was now just the crew module, no orbital nor propulsion, (Jeb was in the Orbital and he died, but at least he respawns.) And i walked around a bit, got back in, and did that a few times. (I turned off hack gravity when the descent/crew module with Bill in it landed). And then, on my like 3rd or 4th or 5th time of doing that, I got out, and then i got the Kraken. Either this mod, or KSP itself did it. i don't know. BUT KRAKEN!!!!!!!!

(This is actually the first time I've encountered the Kraken)

Hah!

Interesting, but I can assure you the Black screen / Broken Altimeter is an old and quite common bug (always seems to trigger when kerbals are out on floor) and not caused by this mod. The exact cause, I don't know.

cc2f9e36de.png

Yes, and take a white textured DM and put a soviet flag and "Soyuz" in red crylic underneath it. It'll be like one of the real life models in russia.

I see the example, but I'd like to keep political / real world stuff out of the mod and just focus on some pleasing alternate colour schemes. The textures are only .TGA format, so you're free to edit and share them.

Edited by Beale

I see the example, but I'd like to keep political / real world stuff out of the mod and just focus on some pleasing alternate colour schemes. The textures are only .TGA format, so you're free to edit and share them.

Well, I mean, you could send me this through dropbox. I have a mac, macs suck at texturing, and I'm too lazy to download a texturing thing and do it myself. So could you do it? Just as a request?

Well, I mean, you could send me this through dropbox. I have a mac, macs suck at texturing, and I'm too lazy to download a texturing thing and do it myself. So could you do it? Just as a request?

I am an OSX user myself and a lot of the texturing was done on a Macbook running Photoshop CS5! I would recommend using something like the free GIMP Here/ , or even better, Photoshop if you have it. Pasting in a flag image would really be a two minute job and hey, it's always good to learn new skills!

I am an OSX user myself and a lot of the texturing was done on a Macbook running Photoshop CS5! I would recommend using something like the free GIMP Here/ , or even better, Photoshop if you have it. Pasting in a flag image would really be a two minute job and hey, it's always good to learn new skills!

Well, can you give me the white OM with the stripe through it and the white DM?

Finally figured out solar panels, so there is a new release!

I'm happy with the look and think they blend in with stock fairly well. :)

aad20d6f1c.jpg

8b287e75a2.jpg

df3370dfba.jpg

Alternate colour schemes will be up very shortly, they are currently: Green, White and Default Grey.

Please let me know if a Mun landing is indeed possible with these! The numbers add up, but I suck at this game!

Edited by Beale

Looks sweet! I thought I downloaded craft files from you earlier but I can't seem to find where they came from. Do you have updated versions, by any chance? Thanks!

Hi! With the new simpler method of assembly I didn't think they were needed anymore. But sure, I'll stick them up tomorrow, root part as the docking node.

hmm does anyone have a texture switch MM config for this?

Edit: i have decided to make a texture switch config (my first one ever!) but the object names seem to be tripping me up so does anyone know the object names for this?

Edited by Helix935

Love this. I avoid all mods that don't mesh well with the stock style (or find re-textures if possible), and so far, that has included all historical craft mods. This breaks that trend. I hope stockalike historical craft becomes a thing. Thanks.

Edit: i have decided to make a texture switch config (my first one ever!) but the object names seem to be tripping me up so does anyone know the object names for this?

Here are some part.cfg's so you can have them all in your toolbox. this dl does have the new color textures renamed. Just copy into the Crew and Orbital folders and you are all set. Uses MODEL{} referencing so parts aren't needlessly duplicated saving a bit of RAM.

Alternate Texture part Configs

EDIT: Also Grey is the default texture and can be deleted.

Edited by Gristle

Here are some part.cfg's so you can have them all in your toolbox. this dl does have the new color textures renamed. Just copy into the Crew and Orbital folders and you are all set. Uses MODEL{} referencing so parts aren't needlessly duplicated saving a bit or RAM.

Alternate Texture part Configs

dang it i was close to finishing RAAAHH i just had to get those object names right

Love this. I avoid all mods that don't mesh well with the stock style (or find re-textures if possible), and so far, that has included all historical craft mods. This breaks that trend. I hope stockalike historical craft becomes a thing. Thanks.

That's awesome to hear, thanks!

This sounds very interesting, would love to see!

The meshes are named "Tantares_Crew_1" and "Tantares_Orbital_1".

I have also added the alternate texture configs made by Gristle (Many thanks!)

Edited by Beale

Don't let that stop you. I was over at the dev thread where you were asking for advice, and frankly I prefer to have one part where I can tweak the paint job rather than four practically identical capsules (no offence Gristle :))

NP - If I knew how to do that with tweakables I would have (actually didn't think of that).

Updated with craft files, as requested. :)

I don't suppose anyone has suggestions for further craft? I still have the modding itch :D . I've thought of the Gemini, but it's already been done twice in the stock style very well.

Two more things:

- I'd like to know what anyone thinks of the balance.

- People's opinions on the IVAs, I've considered adding a bit more clutter (Snack cabinets?).

Edited by Beale

Updated with craft files, as requested. :)

I don't suppose anyone has suggestions for further craft? I still have the modding itch :D . I've thought of the Gemini, but it's already been done twice in the stock style very well.

how about a stock alike TKS and VA capsule

37kcomps.jpg