[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I don't use Bobcat Soyuz, so I don't know :) Maybe they're custom-tailored to overcome the bug. Soyuz-style boosters from NP also could do Korolev cross before 0.24; now they can't, if your speed is lower than 750 m\s.

ALV and NovaPunch K1 also designed to go together, but they allow some degree of free use (especially the engines). I don't see why is (projected) Tantares-Soyuz (TLV?) parts can't be used on any other design. For example: strap NovaPunch or KW SRBs instead of Soyuz LRB. Or strap Soyuz boosters to a 5m KW or NP 1st stage.

IIRC Bobcat uses a custom plugin (BobcatUtils.dll) for custom separations and some other fancy launch things(don't quote me on this).

If you are not familiar with the Bobcat design Soyuz lift rocket, it is using inbuilt engines + fuel tank combo, has some specific size tanks. I think this is what captainradish is talking about mentioning a lack of modularity in that design (I.E. the diameters are not totally compatible with other things).

Edit: I google what Sharik meant. Very nice :) .

Edited by Beale

i think i will redoe my Vos(t)ok :D

very good pictures and progres here, keept the good work.

I do look forward to it :cool:

Here is some more development shots of the kooky little korabl.

51bb64fee0.jpg

6da7c3bd6a.jpg

Edited by Beale

It has also another meaning, it's also a default name for dogs in Russia, and as you know, Vostok was tested on/by dogs. ;)

Interesting stuff. I'll have to work some canine reference in the description :wink:

Just a quick update.

Uploaded on Kerbal Stuff as I am interested on Statistics, etc.

(It also seems to keep a large repository of older versions, which can only come in handy some day!)

Also, I am mid-way through re-exporting alt-textures.

2eb8b5468c.jpg

Edited by Beale

Wow, that looks awesome! I'd like to test it with VNG and its EVA parachutes for true experience! :)

Thanks! :)

you should call it 'Deneb'/

don't ask why

deneb is just an awesome star.

Too late I'm afraid, the filenames have already been christened "Almach" or "EarthKid Weasel / The Woman's Foot"

I wouldn't look too deep into the meaning of the star names my craft are named after, I hardly ever name them for relevancy.

7bef9e0380.jpg

Pic somewhat related.

Edited by Beale

Thanks! :)

Too late I'm afraid, the filenames have already been christened "Almach" or "EarthKid Weasel / The Woman's Foot"

I wouldn't look too deep into the meaning of the star names my craft are named after, I hardly ever name them for relevancy.

http://puu.sh/cc6wx/7bef9e0380.jpg

Pic somewhat related.

what's Earthkid weasel?

Also, a very important thing: if you ever decide to make it, please design it in a such way that boosters would expend at speeds more than 750 m\s. Because radial decouplers bug, yeah.

Test:

700 m/s and normal "Korolev cross."...

Tantares and stock. :)

screenshot4.jpg?ver=0

Orbit 300/300 cca 2430m/s DV :D

screenshot11.jpg?ver=0

Excellent! You created a new species... at least for search engines. ;)

Yes! History was made today.

That is... A nice ISS, considering stock parts limitation.

the piroda dish and other antenna don't move, any suggestions?

Can I ask what mods you use?

32/64 bit?

Nice!

I really hope the decoupler bug is fixed before I ever attempt a Soyuz rocket (I don't think it's likely :( )

548c4b6705.jpgf350077ab6.jpg

Beale, the Vostok didn't land on Earth with the cosmonaut inside. Rather, the cosmonaut was ejected from the capsule at 7 km and descended to Earth separately. Are you gonna do that with your Vostok? Maybe you could put the kerbonaut in a cylindrical capsule within the Vostok with a built in ejection motor and parachute?

I would like to see that but I imagine it's a bit too complicated. Plus, you can currently (sort-of) have the same thing happen with Vanguard tech: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25305-0-25-Vanguard-Technologies-EVA-parachutes-23!-24!-25!-(Dec-30)

Maybe next you can build Lunokhod and Luna-17? :)

Edited by captainradish

I'm having this problem where none of the included antennas will extend: they are stuck in a retracted position and it says their status is "locked" when I click on them in-game. Is there a plugin or .dll I forgot to install or is this an issue with the mod?

Beale, the Vostok didn't land on Earth with the cosmonaut inside. Rather, the cosmonaut was ejected from the capsule at 7 km and descended to Earth separately. Are you gonna do that with your Vostok? Maybe you could put the kerbonaut in a cylindrical capsule within the Vostok with a built in ejection motor and parachute?

I will too advocate Vanguard chutes for the "traditional" Vostok descent :)

I'm having this problem where none of the included antennas will extend: they are stuck in a retracted position and it says their status is "locked" when I click on them in-game. Is there a plugin or .dll I forgot to install or is this an issue with the mod?

Others have reported this. Can I ask what mods you're using?

32/64bit?

:)

Others have reported this. Can I ask what mods you're using?

32/64bit?

:)

A bunch of parts mods, and besides those the only ones I know that would contain other than parts files are:

Advanced Texture Manager

Raster Prop Monitor

Cross Feed Enabler

Chatterer

Deadly Reentry

TAC Life Support

Environmental Visual Enhancements

SCANSat

I can't think of any others.

It's a total pity because the antennas in this mod are AWESOME!

EDIT: Oh 64 bit. btw.

A bunch of parts mods, and besides those the only ones I know that would contain other than parts files are:

Advanced Texture Manager

Raster Prop Monitor

Cross Feed Enabler

Chatterer

Deadly Reentry

TAC Life Support

Environmental Visual Enhancements

SCANSat

I can't think of any others.

It's a total pity because the antennas in this mod are AWESOME!

EDIT: Oh 64 bit. btw.

Hmm.. Interesting.

64Bit windows, or Linux?

Edit: If Linux, could you try install RemoteTech2 and see if that fixes it (Though RemoteTech2 shouldn't be required)

Edited by Beale

The New Striped Salyut and "soviet-green" TKS look Fantastic!!. Just for clarify though, they haven't been released yet?

If they have how do I use them?

Thanks

Thankyou

Ah, they were released, but the 0.25 update broke alternate textures.

They will be back very soon! :)