[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Have you considered making the Dragon spacecraft? After all, Cygnus is in the pack, so why not add the other commercial spacecraft that services the ISS?

I like the Dragon and yeah, it fits somewhat naturally in with the ATV and Cygnus. But, as SpiderVise says, tygoo7 is already working on a brilliant stockalike Dragon V2 and I would really recommend checking that out!

The Dragon V1? Now that is a maybe... Some day :wink:

Also the HTV. My Fuji needs another companion from the land of Japan!

They're really fun little ships! These ones all have a TWR of at least 1, so landing isn't too difficult. I wasn't really aware they were a thing either, until I started to checkout some of the Jool-5 challenge entries. This guy in particular made some impressivly tiny ion ships: tiny ion explorers .

You mean a TWR of 1 on Kerbin?

Aha, but that is really nice, thanks for the info :)

I for sure must take one of these on my next voyage to Minmus!

(I am rather fond of ION engines, or resistojets, I can leave them doing the long burns while I do my work)

Energia:

I would like to say, the Energia will be released outside of Tantares...

But, also, I think this opens the door for me to consider an N1 in Tantares! After the holiday season, likely.

Edited by Beale

I like the Dragon and yeah, it fits somewhat naturally in with the ATV and Cygnus. But, as SpiderVise says, tygoo7 is already working on a brilliant stockalike Dragon V2 and I would really recommend checking that out!

The Dragon V1? Now that is a maybe... Some day :wink:

Also the HTV. My Fuji needs another companion from the land of Japan!

I was referring to the Dragon V1 anyway. As for the stockalike Dragon V2, I had not heard of this. I will certainly check out out!

Energia:

But, also, I think this opens the door for me to consider an N1 in Tantares! After the holiday season, likely.

Does that mean that the Energia won't be stock-a-like? There's already one of that kind in the works I think...

Well, anyway, did you know the Zenit boosters of the Energia were proposed to be upgraded with solid laterals in the '90s?

Energia:

Yay! I would like to see a Bealefied N-1! Great job on that Fuji! Just yesterday my friend started drawing N-1-chan, I think it might be a "mascot" of a kind. :3

I was referring to the Dragon V1 anyway. As for the stockalike Dragon V2, I had not heard of this. I will certainly check out out!

Check it here. :)

Does that mean that the Energia won't be stock-a-like? There's already one of that kind in the works I think...

Well, anyway, did you know the Zenit boosters of the Energia were proposed to be upgraded with solid laterals in the '90s?

No worries! Stock-a-like is always the way I go :)

I didn't know that also, I assume you mean solid fuel? Is there any benefit over a liquid fuel booster?

Heavy WIP Zenit fuel tank, nose cone, subject to change dramatically.

c607938ca3.jpg

343d2e244b.jpg

4ea12c5d7a.jpg

ccea4d4cb0.jpg

Yay! I would like to see a Bealefied N-1! Great job on that Fuji!

Thanks! I think it is important to get the Fuji and IVAs done first, but I have some fresh ideas for this :)

N-1-chan

Oh my...

803317c767.jpg

Edited by Beale

Those would be laterals attached onto the Zenit... from 2 to 6(?) pieces I guess... However info seems somewhat scarce. Russianspaceweb has a sentence about it, and there might be a 2 page forum thread on the spaceflight (NASA? can't remember the name) forums about it.

Those would be laterals attached onto the Zenit... from 2 to 6(?) pieces I guess... However info seems somewhat scarce. Russianspaceweb has a sentence about it, and there might be a 2 page forum thread on the spaceflight (NASA? can't remember the name) forums about it.

Hi!

I'm still not quite sure what you mean by laterals? I could not find the word on RussianSpaceWeb :(

I'd just like to throw a "thank you" out.

I can't tell you how long I was looking for a simple spherical command pod to use as a Vostok look-alike - and then I found this thread ... Other than procedural fairings, this is the only mod I use (though admittedly, I don't use all of it - only the vostok, soyuz, and R-7 parts).

Trust me, I'm a "stock" purist and that's a HUGE compliment. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the N-1 after the holiday season. :D

Check it here. :)

No worries! Stock-a-like is always the way I go :)

I didn't know that also, I assume you mean solid fuel? Is there any benefit over a liquid fuel booster?

Heavy WIP Zenit fuel tank, nose cone, subject to change dramatically.

http://puu.sh/dqhtQ/c607938ca3.jpg

http://puu.sh/dqhuy/343d2e244b.jpg

http://puu.sh/dqiwg/4ea12c5d7a.jpg

http://puu.sh/dqrLs/ccea4d4cb0.jpg

Thanks! I think it is important to get the Fuji and IVAs done first, but I have some fresh ideas for this :)

Oh my...

http://puu.sh/dqhKQ/803317c767.jpg

Thanks! It looks pretty nice, I'll give it a try when it comes out. Zenit looks really nice too.

I'd just like to throw a "thank you" out.

I can't tell you how long I was looking for a simple spherical command pod to use as a Vostok look-alike - and then I found this thread ... Other than procedural fairings, this is the only mod I use (though admittedly, I don't use all of it - only the vostok, soyuz, and R-7 parts).

Trust me, I'm a "stock" purist and that's a HUGE compliment. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the N-1 after the holiday season. :D

Wow, very nice to hear, thank you :)

Since it's been awhile since it was released/updated, is Eagleshift still applicable? Or has it already been "folded into" Tantares?

Hi!

It is, I think, just behind the release of the TLV, so a little out of date, it will not support the TLV, Shenzou or Fuji.

I have incorporated a few of Eagleshifts changes into Tantares proper (mainly changes to ElectricCharge amounts), but I still have not had the time to go through everything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! It looks pretty nice, I'll give it a try when it comes out. Zenit looks really nice too.

Thanks!

You mean a TWR of 1 on Kerbin?

Aha, but that is really nice, thanks for the info :)

I for sure must take one of these on my next voyage to Minmus!

(I am rather fond of ION engines, or resistojets, I can leave them doing the long burns while I do my work)

Sorry, I should clarify: they have a TWR of 1 or higher at the Mun. For these kinds of craft I use the Mun as my base measurement for this sort of thing; if they can make it there, they can make it almost anywhere (Laythe, Tylo, Eve excluded!)

Sorry, I should clarify: they have a TWR of 1 or higher at the Mun. For these kinds of craft I use the Mun as my base measurement for this sort of thing; if they can make it there, they can make it almost anywhere (Laythe, Tylo, Eve excluded!)

I thought it sounded too good to be true :wink:

No, but that is still very useful!

I have tried a quad ION LK lander... Erm, not so successful, but you have inspired a new branch of engineering :)

On a side note...

df2d9a546c.png

23,500 downloads!

Edit: As it turns out, the numbers are wrong!

b123ef76c1.jpg

H a p p y F l y i n g

Edited by Beale

It's likely you're experiencing the bug with the tracker KerbalStuff uses, it can pick up extreme numbers of phantom hits and has done this for a couple months now. If you go through the download stats for popular mods you'll likely see the same thing there, I know Stockalike has been hit by it.

It's a little annoying since it renders the graph rather unusable due to the scaling down of all the real stats to fit in the giant bump from phantom hits.

EDIT: Source

Edited by hoojiwana

It's likely you're experiencing the bug with the tracker KerbalStuff uses, it can pick up extreme numbers of phantom hits and has done this for a couple months now. If you go through the download stats for popular mods you'll likely see the same thing there, I know Stockalike has been hit by it.

It's a little annoying since it renders the graph rather unusable due to the scaling down of all the real stats to fit in the giant bump from phantom hits.

Aha!

I had gotten all excited :)

Ah well, thanks for the explanation.

Man, Realism Overhaul is hard! I've miserably failed docking two Soyuzes "Soyuz-1 and Soyuz-2" style with crew transfer, I've got enough fuel only to change inclination and make a 1.5 km rendez-vous. At least, everyone survived and landed near Baikonur (my Soyuz-3) and on the Volga bank (my Soyuz-2)

Dats how we fly in RO, with tons of data. :cool:

uCXo98rvuvw.jpg

Man, Realism Overhaul is hard! I've miserably failed docking two Soyuzes "Soyuz-1 and Soyuz-2" style with crew transfer, I've got enough fuel only to change inclination and make a 1.5 km rendez-vous. At least, everyone survived and landed near Baikonur (my Soyuz-3) and on the Volga bank (my Soyuz-2)

Dats how we fly in RO, with tons of data. :cool:

http://cs621522.vk.me/v621522511/35a8/uCXo98rvuvw.jpg

I feel you, well, sort of.

I have tried to dock in low Jool orbit, which I imagine is somewhat similar to LEO...

It was not possible :(

Thanks for the kind words Beale. Development is on hold for the moment but I will try to resume progress during Christmas break. :)

No problem!

IRL first as always!

I look forward to see what comes of it!

Proton.

I ask people, how would you feel about the Proton's third stage tank being halved in length? It would make the dimensions more in line with the real one.

This also, along with re-painting the thing white, to be more in line with the TLV.

That would indeed be a good idea. Also, get rid of the truss interstage on it. Proton only hot-starts it's second stage, the third one uses vernier engines that start before the main (and are thus used for ullage).

Regarding RO, do not change inclination in LEO. Ever. It's vital to launch into the same plane as your docking target, with high precision. Otherwise, inclination change can and will eat up most of your delta-V. It's actually more efficient to make a bi-elliptic transfer (raise your AP, change inclination, then lower it back down) than try to make a plane change at LEO speeds.

yeah the Proton thrid stage ... i told you months ago that i could be half the length :)

when you reduce the length of teh tank, it rely looks more like teh real life Proton. a white repaint? same paintjob like on the R-7 ? if yes, then do it ! :)

Yes, after a closer look. I was most likely incorporating the length of Salyut into the third stage.

Basically the main motivation us to get some similarity between ALV and TLV, try and get a basic style established for Tantares LV :)

And ALV textures are quite wasteful currently!

Edited by Beale

Yes, after a closer look. I was most likely incorporating the length of Salyut into the third stage.

Basically the main motivation us to get some similarity between ALV and TLV, try and get a basic style established for Tantares LV :)

And ALV textures are quite wasteful currently!

As I remember, you already had white textures for ALV as alternative ones. Will it be possible to make them main textures? And BTW, what about alternative textures for Salyut and other ships? I think I've lost track of them. :c

It would be nice to have them back, they are beautiful! Also, I've finally found enough info about Salyut modules so I'll be making a RO config update! :)

Thanks for all your work, it is so amazing! :)

That would indeed be a good idea. Also, get rid of the truss interstage on it. Proton only hot-starts it's second stage, the third one uses vernier engines that start before the main (and are thus used for ullage).

Ah, I am a fan of the trusses, if not accurate, just for style. :)

But in general, I think yes, it is needing a bit of a "shave" in height.

As I remember, you already had white textures for ALV as alternative ones. Will it be possible to make them main textures? And BTW, what about alternative textures for Salyut and other ships? I think I've lost track of them. :c

It would be nice to have them back, they are beautiful! Also, I've finally found enough info about Salyut modules so I'll be making a RO config update! :)

Thanks for all your work, it is so amazing! :)

Yeah, the old white ALV textures:

Basically, they were more of a rush, I would like to do something more similar to TLV (Panels?)

Alt textures in general:

But I think the "one set of detailed alternate textures" is scrapped, unfortunately.

If I do them, probably just recolour...

If there was a quick way to mass-convert to MBM, it would not be so difficult. :)

Edited by Beale