[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

So, when you redo Salyut IVAs, will you make it more realistic ( crew are oriented so the side of the station is the ceiling inside), or will you simply add a bunch of greeble to the inside, like bags and computers and such?

Yes.

Also SnowWhite has putting together a few nice props which will improve the interior.

8cdbbe7f92.jpg

I hope your Kerbals like canned goods.

7z6rOiW.png

I repurposed Tantares parts again to create the Tanta-MIG MKIII. :cool: Highly acrobatic, exceptionally stable, but sub-orbital. I could probably make it an SSTO by adding more fuel, but then it would be too heavy to be acrobatic. I might do it anyway to turn this into my MIR-refueling shuttle.

http://imgur.com/a/6dGCf

It flies straight upright, none of my planes can boast that! Real cool :)

got the inspiration to rebuild my Soyuz to version 3.0 ... final shape archived, but i need to reduce amount of parts now. But it has realistic RCS now :D

edit: the LOX tank is only half full, total dV is around 400 m/s. total weight of the spacecraft is ~4,5 tons

http://i.imgur.com/rQNoePF.jpg

Ooh, the partcount?

It's very cute.

On the contrary - having everything under TST would result in a huge parts list that is hard to navigate. Current separation is rather fine (there are some exceptions, though):

- Vostok, Soyuz, LK, Progress and its launchers - TST (early exploration-focused manufacturer, has everything you need to explore the Kerbin system)

- TKS, Salyut, Mir and its launcher - Alnair (station-focused manufacturer, has everything you need to build a station)

- Fuji - Tanto-Rofu (advanced spaceships-focused manufacturer, has some newest designs. Shenzhou OM and ATV also should go there, IMO)

For Cygnus and probes there should be fourth, probes-focused manufacturer.

I think I would agree with this!

Ehm, well the flags will need a re-design, of course.

Any way you could make parts you have currently manufactured by STEADLER manufactured by one of your three agencies? That's where most of the confusion lies for me. I'd rather go to your custom agencies than sift through other manufacturers for your parts...

What's the word on Castor? O.o Any chance it could find a home over in RLA?

Maybe it is best: The parts put in with stock manufacturers usually because I was trying to imitate that manufacturers style.

But with 0.90 organisation, I've noticed the trend with a lot of mods that people prefer simpler organisation, so yeah, it is probably best.

Castor: they will stay here. I like have a "misc" parts folder, even if I do not put so much there.

If you dig early in the RLA thread, you will see the Castor engine in development :) I fell in love with the electric engines over there and tried to copy the style.

Just discovered that the Vega command pod (i don't remember the exact name) fits good as a shuttle airlock/docking port:

http://i.imgur.com/thU8Sle.png

I think you have done this before also a long time ago? With the KSO shuttle?

Or maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.

It's very cool, I should try this! :)

I have a nice shuttle working (But you need to manually drag the thrust on ascent).

01a53ab2da.jpg

The engine is from AB Launchers (WIP)

Not a lot new today, I'm back in the daily grind, but here is a nice parachute :)

ff3d91f25d.jpg

ceb80237b3.jpg

This update is going to take a rather long time, as I'm sure you may have guessed.

However, once I get the KURS done, I'll stick a beta up (Maybe tonight :rolleyes:).

Edited by Beale

Also SnowWhite has putting together a few nice props which will improve the interior.

I hope your Kerbals like canned goods.

If you don't put a proper bread-box in the VC-1, or the VC-2, you're gonna have sentient space-bread everywhere, and then you'll have a bread mutiny on your hands...

Is the KURS part just aesthetic or does it serve a function?

Ohmygod, this can! Russians will understand that "sguschyonka" love! (also I saw it in a supermarket in Berlin last November with the same package design, but labelled simply as "Kondensmilch"/"condensed milk") :)

http://www.plotki.net/updated-rumours/soviet-icons/sguschyonka-a-delicious-soviet-heritage/

Really, we need also a tushonka can (also a popular Russian canned food, the best friend for a Soviet tourist or even soldier!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tushonka

Also, I finished my exams and about a third of RealFuels config (all the engines, tanks and RCS are next), and started RO-ing Alnair/TKS, waiting for the beta to start updating RO config to new Tantares sizes. :)

If you don't put a proper bread-box in the VC-1, or the VC-2, you're gonna have sentient space-bread everywhere, and then you'll have a bread mutiny on your hands...

Is the KURS part just aesthetic or does it serve a function?

The KURS

036fb2a2b3.jpg

It is "Functional" that you can transmit science on it, or use it with remote tech.

Docking? I think you can patch in some kind of MechJeb functionality to antennas, but someone would have to demonstrate. :)

Ohmygod, this can! Russians will understand that "sguschyonka" love! (also I saw it in a supermarket in Berlin last November with the same package design, but labelled simply as "Kondensmilch"/"condensed milk") :)

http://www.plotki.net/updated-rumours/soviet-icons/sguschyonka-a-delicious-soviet-heritage/

Really, we need also a tushonka can (also a popular Russian canned food, the best friend for a Soviet tourist or even soldier!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tushonka

Also, I finished my exams and about a third of RealFuels config (all the engines, tanks and RCS are next), and started RO-ing Alnair/TKS, waiting for the beta to start updating RO config to new Tantares sizes. :)

I saw the cat on the label and I was worried, there was a scandal of a "mystery meat" nature back in my home city.

I need to learn more about exotic canned products.

6532109656.jpg

You are the man with these configs! for real.

Hopefully KURS will be finished shortly, it is not a very complex part, besides the animation.

Edited by Beale

Beale, I love your old ALV parts. And the new ones too. And I think I will call this ludicrously huge, 7 V-II-segment-4800+ton-launcher Kruhovyanka in your honor:

http://i.imgur.com/J0zgBh0.png

I am honoured :)

But, am I reading 4800 ton right? (I guess you mean the weight and not the payload?).

okay Beale: Partcount is around 80, i try to lower it to 60 ... :D

Bah, 80 is not bad at all for a great replica :)

I love it! :)

I've been using this very design (Or very similar) for a while to launch some satellites!

Kurs...

86f3ba0ef0.jpg

ce514f196b.jpg

884d922199.jpg

900d179166.jpg

Still to model base and hinge.

Just be sure that it doesn't interfere with LES tower or fairings (The current antenna can stick out of fairing in some circumstances).

I'll play around with the direction.

But, anyway, with the KURS complete and only pending the LOK and Shenzou OM -

Soyuz Mk3 Beta

Please be aware this is an experimental beta, and I am not responsible for any spacecraft lost / malformed, some parts have been renamed, most have different sizes.

5b23d1d4f1.jpg

270385d65c.jpg

To not take my words without proof, ATV and Cygnus engine are already made 100%, the others are lacking the "EngineConfig" Module, I wanted to skip it, but it seems to be a part of "good style" for RF:

ail0KMH2JAM.jpg

2qoO3MtoFzU.jpg

5vVNYRvNTBA.jpg

_IG5Hjj3oa0.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll play around with the direction.

But, anyway, with the KURS complete and only pending the LOK and Shenzou OM -

Soyuz Mk3 Beta

Please be aware this is an experimental beta, and I am not responsible for any spacecraft lost / malformed, some parts have been renamed, most have different sizes.

http://puu.sh/eNtyl/5b23d1d4f1.jpg

http://puu.sh/eNtA1/270385d65c.jpg

This! Is! Awesome! Christmas has came! :D

Gonna check it now. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it's post #450! I need to update it soon with a link on alpha configs!

Edited by Niemand303

Good God Beale, you are speedy. I'll try my hardest to break the new and improved Tantares tonight, though I may be busy watching the Atlas V launch from a very high place tonight! If I get any decent photos, I'll be sure to share.

How would you feel about doing a rendition of a MPLM at some point in the future once Tantares is fleshed out and AtomicBread gets off the ground? For some reason, I feel like an Beale-ified MPLM would be right up your alley. ;)

suggestion for balance:

reduce the amount of LF/OX in the service module to 50% , 45 LF, 55 OX and add several hundreds of electric charge, like 400. without batteries, the Tantares will get in trouble with a very smal amount of jouce. with the current full tank, it can easly go around the mun and you had in mind to maybe change this Beale. with the sugested 50%, it has around 600m/s dV and will need help to get to Mun (or useing LOK service module instead)

i had in mind the real layout of teh Soyuz SM, where only half the space actualy holds fuel and rest is for electronics, lifesupport etc.

and nice sideeffect: center of mass moves a tiny bit upwards for a more perfect alligment with my RCS thrusterplacement :D

Beale, How about some Zenit parts, you probably know, the Zenit rocket used by the Soviets, also the Cosmos rockets and Tsyklon rockets. It would be absolutely amazing for the launcher pack. Might suggest more in the future...

http://i.imgur.com/DhIq0Kk.pngAnyone else getting this problem? The solar panels look off..I know this is a Beta, so I'm just reporting a bug

Bad mistake on my part, all solar panel textures are now contained in a "SHARED" folder alongside Soyuz, etc. So it is missing those textures.

Fixed, grab the new version here.

How would you feel about doing a rendition of a MPLM at some point in the future once Tantares is fleshed out and AtomicBread gets off the ground? For some reason, I feel like an Beale-ified MPLM would be right up your alley. ;)

It's a little similar to the ATV I guess, so maybe, eh, the list is growing big you understand :)

Nice use of the Venera core! :)

suggestion for balance:

reduce the amount of LF/OX in the service module to 50% , 45 LF, 55 OX and add several hundreds of electric charge, like 400. without batteries, the Tantares will get in trouble with a very smal amount of jouce. with the current full tank, it can easly go around the mun and you had in mind to maybe change this Beale. with the sugested 50%, it has around 600m/s dV and will need help to get to Mun (or useing LOK service module instead)

i had in mind the real layout of teh Soyuz SM, where only half the space actualy holds fuel and rest is for electronics, lifesupport etc.

and nice sideeffect: center of mass moves a tiny bit upwards for a more perfect alligment with my RCS thrusterplacement :D

Good feedback, I'll take a look at fuel soon. :)

Beale, How about some Zenit parts, you probably know, the Zenit rocket used by the Soviets, also the Cosmos rockets and Tsyklon rockets. It would be absolutely amazing for the launcher pack. Might suggest more in the future...

Already doing Zenit! Check AB Launchers thread :)

YES! Thank You Beale! Also, why not have procedural fairings textures just for this (sorry, may have more suggestions still coming). Also, I have asked several modders this, but would you create a pack of spacecraft parts smaller than that of stock 0.625 meter parts (i.e. parts about 0.35 - 0.05 meters).

Thank you

-Astrofox

Just tried out the new beta soyuz.

Works good for me.

One question - the new docking port.

Do you plan on releasing a "female" version of the port, or will it link up ok with one/any/some of the existing docking port parts?