[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hey Beale, you mentioned way back somewhere you use the stock particle FX, but what is the small orange one you use on some things, like the LK descent engines? I don't recognize which engine it normally appears on, it doesn't quite look like the 48-7S flame. Also, you've solved it by now, but while you were looking for monoprop exhausts I was going to suggest the LV-1's stock effect.

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

It definitely did not like the beta antenna (texture was all weird and blue, maybe I should have deleted the old base texture though), I will try and reinstall the normal antenna and see if that does anything, along with a few other things and if I can get it to work / figure out what caused it I'll let you know. If not I might just take it out then :( thanks for trying though! (of course if you can get it working that would be awesome as well, I'm not sure what you meant by my config, although if you need more just ask) Again great mod, I love the probes as well, FOBOS for exploring and the Pollux will be my go to resupply drone for my stations! Also if you haven't tried it I recommend using the Libra Structural Fuel Tank with the A.L.C.O.R. Pod (different mod) I swear they were made to be used together (exact same colour and the meshes align perfectly)!

Gah, this is no good.

Unfortunately I have been a little pressed for time this evening and unable to play around with RT. I will get back to you on that.

I should try ALCOR yes! Sadly I do not actually own an LK at the moment (in between deleting the old one and making the new one!)

Ehh, that's from Astronautix. Have a look at the dates of the bibliography. I'd say that was some artistic license. Especially as the thing was just a "mockup" anyway

I want to believe in those crazy gadgets on the Polyus...

Eh, if so, I love the little "Skif" TKS, I will use that for something :)

Great!

I do not see Venera used so often! :)

Let me see the landing result eh?

Hey Beale, you mentioned way back somewhere you use the stock particle FX, but what is the small orange one you use on some things, like the LK descent engines? I don't recognize which engine it normally appears on. Also, you've solved it by now, but while you were looking for monoprop exhausts I was going to suggest the LV-1's stock effect.

Hiya!

The FX you are looking for is the LES_Thruster FX, used on the stock LES.

I am actually thinking of doing custom everything for FX, as most are not great fits (Especially as you say the MonoProp ones).

+ The RAM footprint for FX is really tiny.

Great!

I do not see Venera used so often! :)

Let me see the landing result eh?

That'll be a while yet- I still have the other 2 Eve missions (just duplicates of these), the two Duna missions, the Jool window ships (probably ~7 of these) being built, the next Moho window launches, the arrival of a ship at Moho, the Eve ships' correction maneuvers, the NEXT Duna window, the other Eve ship (glider/flier) arrival, and probably a lot of shuttle stuff in between to handle.

Ehh, that's from Astronautix. Have a look at the dates of the bibliography. I'd say that was some artistic license. Especially as the thing was just a "mockup" anyway

Yeah, the Polyus that was launched was just a mockup, but I'm pretty sure that they intended on launching one with all the weapons on. I read it in a (somewhat untrustworthy) book, so it must be true.

Yeah, the Polyus that was launched was just a mockup, but I'm pretty sure that they intended on launching one with all the weapons on. I read it in a (somewhat untrustworthy) book, so it must be true.

I personally like the Wikipedia line on the thing:

Kornilov claims that Gorbachev was worried that it would be possible for Western governments to view this activity as an attempt to create a weapon in space

...I have no idea what would make them think so. It's clearly intended for extinguishing oil well fires, just like all those Chinese satellites are for monitoring crop yields.

So, when do you think the TKS will be complete?

A while, I've been caught up with work, so sadly not much progress. I've done a large crew cabin (rather than cargo + small crew) done first, it's modeled, partially textured.

IVAs:

Prop production is in full swing, focusing on very small textures (these are all 64x64) and versatility.

021a4d49ee.jpg

Thanks for the help from SnowWhite who is making some really pretty (and hilarious) Soviet props.

There is also someone else involved, and they are doing some truly beautiful things, but I'll let them show that off when they are ready :)

That'll be a while yet- I still have the other 2 Eve missions (just duplicates of these), the two Duna missions, the Jool window ships (probably ~7 of these) being built, the next Moho window launches, the arrival of a ship at Moho, the Eve ships' correction maneuvers, the NEXT Duna window, the other Eve ship (glider/flier) arrival, and probably a lot of shuttle stuff in between to handle.

You do love your transfer windows don't you? :)

I can wait patiently for results!

Oh, I can finally dedicate more times to RO configs, since "a side mod" reached its first "proof-of-concept" version. :)

I'll start working on TKS tonight. :)

Great! Cool mod!

That's really cool!

It's crazy what can fit inside those 5m fairings.

Edited by Beale

Ah yes, the greeble is coming.

Nice props though! Is this for Salyut or Soyuz interior (I haven't been paying attention)

For all the interiors :)

The idea is to get this big set of re-usable props to improve and much speed up the production of IVAs.

Ya dig?

Wait, do solid rocket FX have a throttle curve? I guess they would have to, for thrust limiting. This opens up some possibilities, thanks for the answer!

Yep, they can throttle! :)

A good alternative to the LES is the separatron FX, which is of very similar size, but the flame is a little more "dirty".

These interior props are looking so pretty! I'm really excited!

/offtopic:

I assume the shuttle will have all manner of knifes, bottle openers, can openers, cork screws, nail files, scissors, and saws:

Swiss Space Systems

Many thanks! :)

43e221ac43.jpg

" Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

On the subject of TKS:

How do people feel about fueled cargo bay?

62140283ff.jpg

It would allow a much more realistic amount of MonoProp in those radial tanks, with reducing overall DV of the TKS.

Edit: And of course, it would not reduce cargo capacity.

Edited by Beale

So, Beale what are you going to be working on after the whole Tantares Revamp?

1.0 will be upon us then - and I'll be able to see what's possible.

Short answer: not a clue.

Edit: I include PPTS as part of the revamp.