[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

As someone posted before (long time ago), PPTS even bigger than VA diameter. So, diameter of the "Tantares-style" capsule is closer to 2m.
Yay, it would be nice to see. :)

And it's pronounced Angara, lol, Some Cyrillic letters look like Latin ones but pronounced the other way, the best example is the Spanish pronunciation of "j".

A - A like in Italian/French/German... Well, in most languages but not English for some reason

ÃÂ - N

Ó - G like in "bag"

A

à - R

A

Oh, and "ÃËœ" (if you might be interested) is something like English "EE", "meet". :)

Many thanks for the quick Cyrillic lesson.

Finally the space station MÃËœP "Meer" makes sense to me :)

Angara: Looking a few more image, I am confused, what is this?

ppts_lv_rkk_20t_iso_1.jpg

But, I am a little swayed by the posts, PPTS maybe not makes much sense without appropriate launch vehicle.

Edited by Beale

Angara: Looking a few more image, I am confused, what is this?

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/ppts_lv_rkk_20t_iso_1.jpg

But, I am a little swayed by the posts, PPTS maybe not makes much sense without appropriate launch vehicle.

That looks like one of the proposed launchers, "Rus'-M", I will try to find better renders of Angara/PPTS

Yay, it would be nice to see. :)

And it's pronounced Angara, lol, Some Cyrillic letters look like Latin ones but pronounced the other way, the best example is the Spanish pronunciation of "j".

A - A like in Italian/French/German... Well, in most languages but not English for some reason

ÃÂ - N

Ó - G like in "bag"

A

à - R

A

Oh, and "ÃËœ" (if you might be interested) is something like English "EE", "meet". :)

- - - Updated - - -

It may be funny, but the closest (IMHO) the word is similar in pronunciation to "Angara" is the Hangar. Differences in the absence of the "H" clear "R" and long "A", as in "car".

Here there is a gallery of Angara A5 photos from the December launch, unfortunately the site is in Russian (the English version appears to not have those photos, that's a bit odd, but huh, it's the Russian Ministry of Defense site) but since the photos have thumbnails it should work fine. :)

A Salute to the Mun

http://imgur.com/a/GNSXA

A Almaz APOS inspired station to orbit the moon while a very non-soviet lander goes to the surface and collects science for... SCIENCE! :D

Hey! This is really cool! whole complex going to the Moon after docking, I really like it (And that is a low orbit).

Is the lander able to return to the mothership to refuel / science about / land again, or does it 'tag along' for convenience / looking cool :) ?

Here there is a gallery of Angara A5 photos from the December launch, unfortunately the site is in Russian (the English version appears to not have those photos, that's a bit odd, but huh, it's the Russian Ministry of Defense site) but since the photos have thumbnails it should work fine. :)

These are great!

It is certainly a more inspiring rocket when you are not just looking at renders.

Meta-topic: I am a little saddened the #4000 post will be made while I am likely asleep, I guess I will be happy with 1000, 2000 and 3000 eh?

Hey! This is really cool! whole complex going to the Moon after docking, I really like it (And that is a low orbit).

Is the lander able to return to the mothership to refuel / science about / land again, or does it 'tag along' for convenience / looking cool :) ?

The station has 6 tank stacks tucked inside the cargo bay(s) allowing the lander to make 2 or 3 refills. The lander carries enough fuel to do a few hops per trip. So I can hop from site to site for seismic survey contracts. Of course the lander has 2 too containers along with the materials lab, which can all be reset/cleaned by the mobile processing lab on the station.

Beale? i just finished reading the Soyuz Manual book and i notcied something about the fuel inside the Soyuz. besides that only half of the service module contains fuel in modern Soyuz since the T-sries, RCS and mainengine use the same fuel. early Soyuz and LOK used to kinds of fuel for RCS and main engine.

i saw, that Bobcats Soyuz and the Sojuice of the HGR pack use monoprop as only fuel for both RCS and main engine.

what do you think? staying oldschool with 2 seperate fuels or going modern with only monoprop? i would prefer to have monoprop and LF/OX, staying oldschool which would fit the "early space exploration" feeling.

I just had an idea and can't resist the urge to post it:

Could the Vega A port be split in it's .cfg (so not actually in the game, only in the .cfg) to 2 seperate models:

1)the standard docking port

2)the adapter plate

Why? Well... I like using many different parts and mods and rescales... and I want 'em all to look pwetty. Not to mention that it adds modularity, and that there's a model less to load for KSP.

I just had an idea and can't resist the urge to post it:

Could the Vega A port be split in it's .cfg (so not actually in the game, only in the .cfg) to 2 seperate models:

1)the standard docking port

2)the adapter plate

Why? Well... I like using many different parts and mods and rescales... and I want 'em all to look pwetty. Not to mention that it adds modularity, and that there's a model less to load for KSP.

Why for? It would be basically the Tantares docking probe and a 0.625-1.25 flat adapter. I'd prefer leaving it that way, since the attachment nodes in Vega port are 1.25m. Less struts, buddy.

OOPS I've stolen post 4000. Congratulation, kermrades!

Why for? It would be basically the Tantares docking probe and a 0.625-1.25 flat adapter. I'd prefer leaving it that way, since the attachment nodes in Vega port are 1.25m. Less struts, buddy.

As I said... it wouldn't be 2 parts in the editor, m8.

Rather, like taken from cbbps engine .cfg:

MODEL

{

model = KOSMOS/Parts/Engine/Kosmos_RD-275K/model_RD-0440_base

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

scale = 1.28, 1.0, 1.28

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

MODEL

{

model = KOSMOS/Parts/Engine/Kosmos_RD-58SS/model_RD-0440_pumps

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

scale = 1.28, 0.886, 1.28

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

MODEL

{

model = KOSMOS/Parts/Engine/Kosmos_RD-0440/model_Multi

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

See, this way the engine anchor in this peculiar case isn't narrower than the rest of the engine anchors.

*Cough* Stock-Alike ISS *Cough*...

Beale, Since You're Unable to make the ISS since it's to hard for you. How about you make this giant...Mir...Battle Ship...Thing I found on Google Images?

Beale, Is There Going to be alternate Soyuz Orbital Modules, More Antennas, More Solar Panels and some More Useful Misc Parts in the near future of this mod?

"Beale do this, Beale do that".

You must realise what you are doing?

i still propose making some TMK-MAVR parts

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/a/aelita3.jpg

After seeing some really nice replicas people have already made, I'm not so sure.

I've considered adding a few new specific TMK parts to the Salyut folder. So maybe it could be a reality. :)

The station has 6 tank stacks tucked inside the cargo bay(s) allowing the lander to make 2 or 3 refills. The lander carries enough fuel to do a few hops per trip. So I can hop from site to site for seismic survey contracts. Of course the lander has 2 too containers along with the materials lab, which can all be reset/cleaned by the mobile processing lab on the station.

That's even cooler! :)

Nice mini moon lander! Very cute :)

It seems it is a "low cost" mission? Solid boosters, etc.

Beale? i just finished reading the Soyuz Manual book and i notcied something about the fuel inside the Soyuz. besides that only half of the service module contains fuel in modern Soyuz since the T-sries, RCS and mainengine use the same fuel. early Soyuz and LOK used to kinds of fuel for RCS and main engine.

i saw, that Bobcats Soyuz and the Sojuice of the HGR pack use monoprop as only fuel for both RCS and main engine.

what do you think? staying oldschool with 2 seperate fuels or going modern with only monoprop? i would prefer to have monoprop and LF/OX, staying oldschool which would fit the "early space exploration" feeling.

Basically yes, it will remain LFO powered, with Monoprop backup engines. :)

As I said... it wouldn't be 2 parts in the editor, m8.

Rather, like taken from cbbps engine .cfg:

MODEL

{

model = KOSMOS/Parts/Engine/Kosmos_RD-275K/model_RD-0440_base

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

scale = 1.28, 1.0, 1.28

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

MODEL

{

model = KOSMOS/Parts/Engine/Kosmos_RD-58SS/model_RD-0440_pumps

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

MODEL

{

model = KOSMOS/Parts/Engine/Kosmos_RD-0440/model_Multi

position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

rotation = 0, 0, 0

}

See, this way the engine anchor in this peculiar case isn't narrower than the rest of the engine anchors.

I get you a little clearer now :)

Hmm, the only downside is that splitting the model increases the number of draw calls, which should be avoided unless absolutely needed. But then again, I can take advantage of this "welding" myself in a few places.

I will consider this :)

I am still mad busy, so not much.

But I did finalize the cargo bay design, which is nice :)

a589a02d6c.jpg

I also came to the realization I used the wrong music in the trailer I made a while back.

Edited by Beale

"Beale do this, Beale do that".

Hey, Mien Beale, Would You Mind Just Making Every Part Ever For Me Please? Just Go Ahead And Quit Your Life Outside Modding, And Be My Personal Mod Author Please And Thank You.

On a more serious note though, I hope you've made some guidelines for yourself on what projects/parts you're interested in doing, and which ones you have no interest in. Your easy-going attitude, your acceptance of input, and responsiveness makes it really easy for people to think of you as a personal custom part-producing machine. (Myself included at times...)

So far, you've got the existing revamps, IVA's, the PPTS addition, and AB Launchers in the fire at the moment, correct? I'd say that's a fair bit going on. I wouldn't worry about doing Angara unless you really want to. It's really easily constructed from stock and procedural parts. The Proton and R7 parts are more than adequate for all my commie-launching needs. :D

Are you planning on putting the revamp, the IVA's, and the PPTS all in a single release?

On a more serious note though, I hope you've made some guidelines for yourself on what projects/parts you're interested in doing, and which ones you have no interest in. Your easy-going attitude, your acceptance of input, and responsiveness makes it really easy for people to think of you as a personal custom part-producing machine. (Myself included at times...)

Are you planning on putting the revamp, the IVA's, and the PPTS all in a single release?

You do have a point in fairness. Eh, there is a roadmap, and a pretty concrete part-by-part one at that, trouble is it is under a personal email listing. I guess it would be good to copy it on the first page.

The revamp will be staggered, initial release is the Soyuz and TKS, sans IVA. Hopefully IVA following that with these new prop things. :)

Closely followed by the LK, Salyut(minor updates) and PPTS.

Then N-1.

And that is pretty much solid at the moment.

da106f8074.jpg

Edited by Beale

Oh, Beale have surrended under the onslaught of N-1 fans. Where have gone LookToSXT Guard when the castle was sieged? Alas, poor Beale.By the way, SXT N-1 in my LOK-LK recreating attempt was very realistic - without adding tons of verniers and reaction wheels it flied mostly in the ground. I hope your N-1 would do the same!

Yay!! 400 pages!!!

That was really friggin' quick. When did we pass 300 again?

Anyway, congrats. That new TKS stuff looks good!

[EDIT] it was just over a month ago. I think we should take a breather.

So will this total orbital crafts revamp be dumped on us in 1.0, or before? Considering the mound of features they have planned, it might take a while. [/EDIT]

Edited by Ikaneko