[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Real quick question but if I'm still using the Tantares version for KSP 1.1.2, how craft breaking is updating to the latest version going to be? And is that for all KSP 1.1.2 Tantares compatible parts?

Cheers!

It will unfortunately be completely craft breaking.

Therefore the old-versions will remain there forever.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

It will unfortunately be completely craft breaking.

Therefore the old-versions will remain there forever.

Cool beans. I thought I had read that somewhere. So... I suppose I'll have to install both the latest and old one and then swap the old parts with the new. 

Thanks for the answer (and the mod :wink: )!

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Cool beans. I thought I had read that somewhere. So... I suppose I'll have to install both the latest and old one and then swap the old parts with the new. 

Yeah... It is kind of painful. Unfortunately, but it is possible.

hr7icFo.png
Yng7f9V.png
M54UsTS.png

An idea maybe is the vents on the back will allow you to vent Monopropellant and Fuel - for the price of some small thrust / rotation (I think maybe 0.1kn 5-10 ISP ).

Edited by Beale

15 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

lol, yeah... will changing the names of the parts in the old version by adding ''_old'' break anything? It'll make it easier to swap the old with the new!

The old versions actually have a different naming scheme, so they can sit side-by-side without issue.

58 minutes ago, MalevolentNinja said:

I have never before tried this mod, am I missing something? Are there alternate textures available? The ones included in the release are a bit too... plain :)

I can give you the source files and you can make your own.

33 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Cool. Would the 1.1.2 version work at all in 1.2.2 you think??

The old version is already 1.2 compatible.

tfgXuOi.jpg
uCr7IVV.png
6vYPiqE.png
0u8JkSg.png

Edited by Beale

21 minutes ago, Beale said:

tfgXuOi.jpg

0u8JkSg.png

The new parts look great! do you plan to make a variation of the solar panels that fold inward?(like those on the soyuz,otherwise they create a huge bulge on the Proton fairing) also , is there a chance for the big antenna from Zvezda/MIR core module?

international-space-station-module-zvezd

Edited by NeoFatalis

2 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

The new parts look great! do you plan to make a variation of the solar panels that fold inward?(like those on the soyuz,otherwise they create a huge bulge on the Proton fairing) also , is there a chance for the big antenna from Zvezda/MIR core module?

international-space-station-module-zvezd

Thanks!

Not sure about the Solar panels yet, they don't actually cause a bulge at all in my experience?

I like the antenna, a few requests have come in, we shall see :) 

Edited by Beale

On 2/12/2017 at 4:39 AM, VenomousRequiem said:

It's jettisoned before the deorbit burn. 

Wouldn’t it make more sense to jettison after the de-orbit burn? Or are there just tons and tons of orbital modules orbiting the Earth?

On 2/4/2017 at 4:04 PM, Beale said:

You're Danish eh Moiety?

Thanks!

Not originally no.

And thank you so much for putting Tantares on GitHub! Hope the transition went off without a hitch.

I’ll check this out once I get KSP working on my new PC. It worked for about 5 minutes but now it just crashes every time I load it. After playing with 50 fps on Windows, I can’t really go back to the 20 fps I got on my MBP. Need to fix this ;.;.

Edited by Moiety

50 minutes ago, Moiety said:

Wouldn’t it make more sense to jettison after the de-orbit burn? Or are there just tons and tons of orbital modules orbiting the Earth?

Well eventually their orbits will decay and they'll fall back down. It'd only take a few months. 

But more importantly, they have weight, and IRL the Soyuz fully loaded with fuel, 3 astronauts, and whatever else they need to take with them to the ground only has about 300M/s ∆V(I can't do it in 1/10th scale with less than 500M/s :( ) so jettisoning the orbital module will give you more ∆V for a more accurate deorbit. 

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Well eventually their orbits will decay and they'll fall back down. It'd only take a few months. 

But more importantly, they have weight, and IRL the Soyuz fully loaded with fuel, 3 astronauts, and whatever else they need to take with them to the ground only has about 300M/s ∆V(I can't do it in 1/10th scale with less than 500M/s :( ) so jettisoning the orbital module will give you more ∆V for a more accurate deorbit. 

Yeah that makes sense, never forget about orbital decay! Which is easy to do since it’s not in KSP.

At what altitude are you de-orbiting? 150-250 M/s Δv should be more than enough from say a 250 KM orbit.

2 minutes ago, Moiety said:

Yeah that makes sense, never forget about orbital decay! Which is easy to do since it’s not in KSP.

At what altitude are you de-orbiting? 150-250 M/s Δv should be more than enough from say a 250 KM orbit.

Probably about 250K. 300M/s would probably be fine I just said that to make my point sound more... Across. :P

49 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

there is a problem with docking ports. i know its because of the diffirent names but is there a way to get both old docking ports, solar panels and rcs in new pack? (or have both old and new SOYUZ folder installed at the same time)

I don't understand?

Youshould be able to have both installed at the same time.

5 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Probably about 250K. 300M/s would probably be fine I just said that to make my point sound more... Across. :P

There's a reason most stations are in very low orbit...

19 hours ago, Beale said:

Mid-section on GitHub now.

This new space station is a lot heavier than the previous model... Recommend N11 with some kind of booster stage.

Wait what? All the DOS and FGB modules were lifted onboard Protons. Why the heck would KSP, with its small size, require an N1 variant to lift it into orbit?

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Wait what? All the DOS and FGB modules were lifted onboard Protons. Why the heck would KSP, with its small size, require an N1 variant to lift it into orbit?

N11, not N1! (my god, you don't even know obscure soviet rockets from the top of your head?) :wink: 

The new Proton will be capable no problem of launching new heavier station parts, but I haven't made it yet. :) 

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

N11, not N1! (my god, you don't even know obscure soviet rockets from the top of your head?) :wink: 

The new Proton will be capable no problem of launching new heavier station parts, but I haven't made it yet. :) 

D-didn't you just remake Proton over the summer? Good god man, there has to be a limit!

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

D-didn't you just remake Proton over the summer? Good god man, there has to be a limit!

Yeah, there is not much at all needed to be done, just minor model tweaks and maybe a scrub of the texture.