[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, TK-313 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is the current release reverse compatible with 1.2.2? Because I want to try it out, but I don't want to break my save.

I think you are the first to ask, but sadly I have no answer.

Gut feeling is, it will work fine, but there have been config changes (manufacturer titles and maybe some other things).

3 hours ago, TK-313 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is the current release reverse compatible with 1.2.2? Because I want to try it out, but I don't want to break my save.

I've been using it with 1.2.2. Haven't noticed any problems yet, although I've been building mostly new crafts in a new save.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:44 AM, lindemherz said:

To think those crazy stand-up guys actually thought of it...

Glad someone knew what I was going for! :) I was planning on flying an Apollo and a Soyuz out to it as well, but I got sick and at any rate, there were some errors with the textures on my Apollo I didn't have time to fix.

Tried the latest release, 1.2.2 compatibility confirmed :) Also, here's some more international cooperation:

First, there was a contract to build a space station in Mun's orbit. And there was one N-1 with your typical Munar mission (dubbed Hermes) on top of it, collecting dust in some far corner of the space center with no actual tasks to fly and do. And from these, the Demeter mission was born.

Spoiler

Repurposing the rocket was a breeze. So, on this Munar mission we have an N-1 carrier...

YjxBeVh.jpg

...with a Gemini on top! Why? Because it's light, plus we don't need a scientist this time. They will arrive a few missions later.

6i1fuQl.jpg

Engine start...

cwsXsE7.jpg

...and liftoff! Launchpad cleared, first stage burning with no unplanned explosions!

3xbtiWA.jpg

Coasting to apoapsis...

lgsopZ0.jpg

Burning to circularise... Well, no. It's actually the start of the transmunar burn. 'Cuz we're on Kerbin. Stock Kerbin.

CKL1P7m.jpg

Stage separation. Mind the bug: the engine shrouds still jetisson the wrong way.

fIn2CbE.jpg

Fairing sep. That's no lander, that's a space station!

bB4BWka.jpg

Orbital reassembly. You'd think it's a breeze to perform on a Gemini...

ZHt7wHb.jpg

...But the flight computer locked up and refused to accept any targets! Me horrible pilot, me can't dock without a docking aid.

fx3qWdM.png

In the end, the station's autopilot had to be turned on. Thankfully, this one had no such problem.

HSAvuIG.png

Assembly continues! Jonble, our ever-heroic engineer, goes on EVA to attach some...

nBBVSEq.png

...trusses. What? We always need a truss.

UfHQRTG.png

Or two. And a couple solar panels.

9vFc55K.png

Or a couple couples.

s3PxZnm.png

After some desparate attempts to make the ship's computer target anything, the crew realize they're dead weight here and depart back to Kerbin.

Txuk32j.png

Meanwhile, the Demeter station proceeds to pick up a couple landers from previous Hermes missions – for habitation and as possible future Munar shuttles (and that's the reason why we brought N1's third stage and its hulking fuel tank all the way) and then moves from the 14 degrees inclined orbit to the more comfortable equatorial one. Most of it was happening on the night side, but here's a nice shot.

QMIxJAo.png

The end? Well, not really. Valentina and Jonble are here very busy hoping not to burn in the atmosphere or lose the parachute and saying many nice words to whoever balanced their Gemini. Thankfully, there's a happy end for them.

1kawqS3.png

Edited by TK-313

9 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Tried the latest release, 1.2.2 compatibility confirmed :) Also, here's some more international cooperation:

First, there was a contract to build a space station in Mun's orbit. And there was one N-1 with your typical Munar mission (dubbed Hermes) on top of it, collecting dust in some far corner of the space center with no actual tasks to fly and do. And from these, the Demeter mission was born.

Reveal hidden contents

Repurposing the rocket was a breeze. So, on this Munar mission we have an N-1 carrier...

YjxBeVh.jpg

...with a Gemini on top! Why? Because it's light, plus we don't need a scientist this time. They will arrive a few missions later.

6i1fuQl.jpg

Engine start...

cwsXsE7.jpg

...and liftoff! Launchpad cleared, first stage burning with no unplanned explosions!

3xbtiWA.jpg

Coasting to apoapsis...

lgsopZ0.jpg

Burning to circularise... Well, no. It's actually the start of the transmunar burn. 'Cuz we're on Kerbin. Stock Kerbin.

CKL1P7m.jpg

Stage separation. Mind the bug: the engine shrouds still jetisson the wrong way.

fIn2CbE.jpg

Fairing sep. That's no lander, that's a space station!

bB4BWka.jpg

Orbital reassembly. You'd think it's a breeze to perform on a Gemini...

ZHt7wHb.jpg

...But the flight computer locked up and refused to accept any targets! Me horrible pilot, me can't dock without a docking aid.

fx3qWdM.png

In the end, the station's autopilot had to be turned on. Thankfully, this one had no such problem.

HSAvuIG.png

Assembly continues! Jonble, our ever-heroic engineer, goes on EVA to attach some...

nBBVSEq.png

...trusses. What? We always need a truss.

UfHQRTG.png

Or two. And a couple solar panels.

9vFc55K.png

Or a couple couples.

s3PxZnm.png

After some desparate attempts to make the ship's computer target anything, the crew realize they're dead weight here and depart back to Kerbin.

Txuk32j.png

Meanwhile, the Demeter station proceeds to pick up a couple landers from previous Hermes missions – for habitation and as possible future Munar shuttles (and that's the reason why we brought N1's third stage and its hulking fuel tank all the way) and then moves from the 14 degrees inclined orbit to the more comfortable equatorial one. Most of it was happening on the night side, but here's a nice shot.

QMIxJAo.png

The end? Well, not really. Valentina and Jonble are here very busy hoping not to burn in the atmosphere or lose the parachute and saying many nice words to whoever balanced their Gemini. Thankfully, there's a happy end for them.

1kawqS3.png

Awesome mission! 

Love the craft and construction (Trusses for life).

PIRS & POISK
First component WIP, the bulge mid-section. Particular of strong interest to @Deltac

YCgwVHz.png

And they say Tantares is all grey, uh, think again honey...

ilo47zW.png

Rough mockup of complete craft:

80lu2A0.png

@Fly Angry You excel at everything! That looks so good!

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Beale said:

PIRS & POISK
First component WIP, the bulge mid-section. Particular of strong interest to @Deltac

Woot!  As a reward, Salyut 2:

It's nothing but steel spheres and steel wrappings.   Steel spheres going all the way down.

19 hours ago, Deltac said:

Woot!  As a reward, Salyut 2:

It's nothing but steel spheres and steel wrappings.   Steel spheres going all the way down.

That's super cool! Nice job! Are there anymore pictures?

GitHub

More RCS parts and some kind of pressuirised container (what could it be? Do we have a translator?).
(Config and descriptions are temporary).

azGkPcv.png
kWbO8fQ.png

Thanks for @Daelkyr for more balancing on the N1! Coming an update soon. (The Blok-A is now 47 tons! empty!).

Edited by Beale

@Beale , while working on my last space station design in KSP 1.2.2, I was looking for some trusses that would work out to something similar to the ISS.  Naturally after grabbing Hab Tech, CX Aerospace, and a few others I can't remember, the trip down that rabbit hole lead me to Tantares :).  So of course I grabbed Tantares LV, because why not, right?

I have a question:  I seem to be unable to load any of the Tantares (regular or LV) craft files, they all have a popup window in the SPH/VAB that says "Cannot load vessel.  The following parts are missing:"  And on many of the craft files, the list of missing parts is quite long. Using the forum search in this thread I have not found an answer...  Do you have any thoughts?

3 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@smotheredrun

Do you have both Tantares and Tantares LV?

Correct. Tried both the Spacedock and Github downloads from the OP. No joy. But so far I'm doing ok by using images from the forums and internet in general to teplicate the various payloads. I haven't started to make some launch vehicles though.

Not at my laptop now, but I'm pretty sure the N1 launch vehicle loads correctly.

Edited by smotheredrun

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

Correct. Tried both the Spacedock and Github downloads from the OP. No joy. But so far I'm doing ok by using images from the forums and internet in general to teplicate the various payloads. I haven't started to make some launch vehicles though.

Not at my laptop now, but I'm pretty sure the N1 launch vehicle loads correctly.

Just curious, which .craft files? From the main page?
It would be great if you can get a screenshot of the missing parts warning, I will hopefully be able to tell on a glance what is missing.

Thanks,

50 minutes ago, Beale said:

Just curious, which .craft files? From the main page?
It would be great if you can get a screenshot of the missing parts warning, I will hopefully be able to tell on a glance what is missing.

Thanks,

Ok. I'll get that for you later today/tonight. Still have another 3 hrs of jackhammering to do :(

14 hours ago, Beale said:

Get your requests in now for 2019

Single NK-33. Engines that actually gimbal worth a damn. Orbital modules with crew reports. Probe cores with in-built antennas. Parts with colors that do not end in 'Grey' or 'Gray'. Voshkod extending airlock. Vostok system. Voshkod system. Salyut parts. Almaz gun.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

19 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Single NK-33. Engines that actually gimbal worth a damn. Orbital modules with crew reports. Probe cores with in-built antennas. Parts with colors that do not end in 'Grey' or 'Gray'. Voshkod extending airlock. Vostok system. Voshkod system. Salyut parts. Almaz gun.

And a partridge in a pear treeeeeee!

14 hours ago, Beale said:

Get your requests in now for 2019

Begin the Mars Train / TMK / KK parts! If not that, then the MK-700 / UR-700 and LK-700 :) This RD-0410 Nuclear Thermal Engine looks snazzy

rd0410.jpg

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Get involved, and sure, we can have all of this.

doCN3Ja.png

14 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

Begin the Mars Train / TMK / KK parts! If not that, then the MK-700 / UR-700 and LK-700 :) This RD-0410 Nuclear Thermal Engine looks snazzy

rd0410.jpg

Everybody loves the TMK! I think that's not a bad idea. A lot of other stuff though.

l8JZu1u.png
ca0O0jX.png

GitHub

More PIRS stuff.
This ends 1.2.2 compatibility, as strings are migrating to the new localisation system.

CioqZE7.png

57 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Beale I'm bored with Russian stuff. Can I request a stockalike American program? With parts like Apollo and Saturn? I'm tired of trying to keep FASA working on my install. :/

Got you covered.

50 minutes ago, Well said:

What is this ??? i love that ! TMK you said ? :P

It's our ticket to the future, Eath year 1987!

TMK spacecraft, manned for flybys of Mars and Venus.
It's also found under MABP for Марс and Венера.

I've been planning to do it for... a long time. But for some reason it gets delayed.

mavrdrwg.jpg
Pq3LmN2.jpg
mac-rebisz-20150410-tmk-004-detail.jpg?1428696311

Okay, real question, what do people want? Original Salyut parts, or the above? (Or Polyus).
On the rocket side, I'm working on Energia now.

Edited by Beale