[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Grunge level 1, 10%, for me. Even for stuff that has just come out the assembly building you can see a little bit of stuff here and there coming into the creases just by sitting at the pad, or being manipulated. If it's not absolutely mission critical, chips of paint *will* fall off, glosses will dull, blacks will decolour at spots, just by cleaning them up. A living vehicle will have been tested and retested, filled and drained, over and over, and at least minimally stained and cleaned and wiped.

But not so much. Kerbals might be reckless, but they ain't filthy.

On 7/7/2017 at 9:21 PM, Beale said:

Do you like crafts?

Your favourite  @DiscoSlelge did a thing and made a lot!

Grab them from the craft-links on the first page!

front_TKS_1.png

Crafts look nice but this TKS bugs me a lot... its engines are facing backwards (or actually forwards... TKS is confusing) and are in the wrong place. There is no need for that antenna on top of the VA retro engine. RCS blocks are in a wrong position (although placing correct RCS on a TKS is hard, this placement puts solar panels right in the stream of propellant... I know there is no game effect from it but it bugs me.

I try not to be rude but if you offer these crafts as "beale-approved" I'd expect them to be more authenthic. I do not know the other crafts' real life equivalents so well but this probably should be changed. I do like how awkward and confusing the real TKS was :)

49 minutes ago, TheBedla said:

Crafts look nice but this TKS bugs me a lot... its engines are facing backwards (or actually forwards... TKS is confusing) and are in the wrong place. There is no need for that antenna on top of the VA retro engine. RCS blocks are in a wrong position (although placing correct RCS on a TKS is hard, this placement puts solar panels right in the stream of propellant... I know there is no game effect from it but it bugs me.

I try not to be rude but if you offer these crafts as "beale-approved" I'd expect them to be more authenthic. I do not know the other crafts' real life equivalents so well but this probably should be changed. I do like how awkward and confusing the real TKS was :)

It's just  a craft you can remove everything you want, so you can be authentic:wink: 

1 hour ago, TheBedla said:

I believe that DiscoSlelge's crafts are what works in his game, and he decided to release them for everyone to play with. While they are not real life equivalents to their respective craft, this is KSP, where things don't have to be. I have his craft, and while I prefer my own versions of some of them, I like the others. If you want something more true to life, make it. If you're looking for the TKS thrusters, get them from Contares until Beale makes his own. The LES can be pulled from the old Tantares pack, if you really want it. Do a little research and you can make a pretty accurate TKS, if you so desire. Otherwise, just enjoy what people spend their time to make.

12 hours ago, Third_OfFive said:

No grunge, it fits the mod better.

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've been trying to get him to change the whole mod so it fits with other stuff better. Right now it is very clean + low contrast.

9 hours ago, lindemherz said:

Grunge level 1, 10%, for me. Even for stuff that has just come out the assembly building you can see a little bit of stuff here and there coming into the creases just by sitting at the pad, or being manipulated. If it's not absolutely mission critical, chips of paint *will* fall off, glosses will dull, blacks will decolour at spots, just by cleaning them up. A living vehicle will have been tested and retested, filled and drained, over and over, and at least minimally stained and cleaned and wiped.

But not so much. Kerbals might be reckless, but they ain't filthy.

6 hours ago, Legcutter said:

I do. Level 1 seems more sharp than stock and not so different from other parts as L2. Good thing)

26 minutes ago, SBKerman said:

Regarding grunge, I agree with previous posters. Level 1 seems the most fitting. I has a lagom amount.

Thanks for the feedback! 

Please, keep it coming though. Mixed picture and feelings so far (L1 10% seems popular though).

2 hours ago, TheBedla said:

Thanks for the feedback, I have a very accurate TKS that I will upload when I have a chance.

Single accurate engines are coming (Current engines are for the MIR modules), same for the LES.

Gentlemens, it has been a while, salutes to the few who remember me :)

I am glad to witness the path Tantares took, the new models are neat.

I encourage you Beale to give a chance to grunge, the second option of grunge is very pretty to me, and so are the new FGB tanks, especially with the beige tone you chose. DiscoSlelge's crafts show us how beautiful your parts are and to me they deserve more contrast just as he did, I envy such colours and details, to me they sould be by default to match more the other packs parts and vanilla ones.

Greetings to you :)

Because I can't be bothered to search through the dozens of previous pages to find any post at all that describes it, and because I quite honestly completely forgot, could anyone remind me the diameter of the larger Tantares docking ports. The 0.9-something metre ones.

2 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Because I can't be bothered to search through the dozens of previous pages to find any post at all that describes it, and because I quite honestly completely forgot, could anyone remind me the diameter of the larger Tantares docking ports. The 0.9-something metre ones.

0.9375m (size0.5)

5 hours ago, spacecookie said:

Gentlemens, it has been a while, salutes to the few who remember me :)

I am glad to witness the path Tantares took, the new models are neat.

I encourage you Beale to give a chance to grunge, the second option of grunge is very pretty to me, and so are the new FGB tanks, especially with the beige tone you chose. DiscoSlelge's crafts show us how beautiful your parts are and to me they deserve more contrast just as he did, I envy such colours and details, to me they sould be by default to match more the other packs parts and vanilla ones.

Greetings to you :)

Hello and welcome back! Good to hear from you.

3 hours ago, Well said:

m3PjkLM.jpg

Future Russian Cargo Vehicle (Fuel Tanker Version) with the Angara A5.

Kerbal-X Craft file : Tanker TGK-PG with Angara A5

And i have updated the PTK for a better Booster Separation and last stage

Awesome! I wonder what it would look like with the Cargo bay part also?

TKS on Proton Craft

SP1xUDw.png
9J1eYWH.png
mqXyYIX.png @TheBedla

On 2017-7-10 at 11:21 PM, Beale said:

Just the texture, more grunge here:

34mtrsv.jpg

Amazing craft! I love it!

Really love the grunge actually, it adds a little bit of character that I think the "sterile" parts sometimes lack

I also Love The grunge texture @Beale

20% is good for me, but that a personal decision, just more "grunge" are fine :wink:

-----------------------------

Replica of R7 - Soyuz Launcher with Launch Escape System for Stock Scale config:

Craft file R7---Soyuz stock scale

ofaQOTP.jpg

And i don't now if we have many "fan" of chinese space program but...

Replica of the CZ-2F rocket and Shenzhou vehicle.

Craft file of the CZ-2F---Shenzhou

VF2z8wL.jpg

Edited by Well

16 hours ago, Well said:

I also Love The grunge texture @Beale

20% is good for me, but that a personal decision, just more "grunge" are fine :wink:

-----------------------------

Replica of R7 - Soyuz Launcher with Launch Escape System for Stock Scale config:

Craft file R7---Soyuz stock scale

ofaQOTP.jpg

And i don't now if we have many "fan" of chinese space program but...

Replica of the CZ-2F rocket and Shenzhou vehicle.

Craft file of the CZ-2F---Shenzhou

VF2z8wL.jpg

The old girl and the new girl!

Nice craft! And dare I say it? Good Korolev cross too (finally I cannot do it).

But where do the Soyuz go?

Somewhere like here:

NFXRFlv.png

In a similar vain (giving example of the modularity of tantares) here is my Koyuz-2K_B "Shortbus" taking the first crew of a new station:

kTc6HZT.png

Spoiler

post booster and fairing separation, detaching the LES

EbCRkoS.png

first stage away:

lZPsG5E.png

preparing for the manoeurvre burn

lBe6z1h.png

And rendezvousing with the station

EcHZA1H.png

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, Beale said:

Awesome! I wonder what it would look like with the Cargo bay part also?

This also resembles the Progress M-2 in style if anyone didn't know

Image result for progress m-2

5 hours ago, Abrecan said:

This also resembles the Progress M-2 in style if anyone didn't know

Spoiler

Image result for progress m-2

Yes, and finally that also a good .craft for the Chinese Tiangong Cargo Vehicle:

0fc55d2365_96326_tiangong1-moduleorbital-cnsa-01.jpg

@Beale That not perfect, but generally to realize the cross of Korolev, it is necessary to place separatron more in the axis of the center of mass of the side boosters with thrust limit at ~20%.

But where do the Soyuz go?

Somewhere like here:

NFXRFlv.png

:rep: Salyut :rep:  But.... The date and place of the mission shall be decided by the "Bureau".

Edited by Well