[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Daylight4449 said:

i love this mod so much! but i cant seem to switch the textures of the parts, how do i?

you must manually replace the textures if you wish them to switch. Texture switch is a planned feature (as I recall) but only once it comes out in stock which is dues to happen with Making History?

18 hours ago, Beale said:

IwU0spG.png

Jp2zUmx.png

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

Also, the new Service Module in your post a few down from this one is by FAR the best iteration of the Tantares SM yet. I give you the highest of fives for this!

20 hours ago, Chimer4 said:

I just imagine a cork popping sound when the kerbal comes out of that hatch :P

Also what fuel tank is that? I thought it was an Oscar b at first

It is the Oscar-B :) 
Kind of like a "Ven's stock revamp".

GitHub

"No warranty" edition, seriously a lot is half-finished, but if you want to try the new parts, and don't mind some missing textures, this will suit you well!
No risk of losing craft, etc.

p5qTV17.png
gp0jSkv.png

5 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

@Beale My wife just asked why I was jumping, how can I tell my lady that I'm happy because the heat shield on the Soyuz is the only part that gets hot on reentry? :D

Edit: no no, nobody can stop the beale

It's fine, my wife thinks I am making online poker sometimes I am grinning so much.

3 hours ago, Beale said:

It is the Oscar-B :) 
Kind of like a "Ven's stock revamp".

GitHub

"No warranty" edition, seriously a lot is half-finished, but if you want to try the new parts, and don't mind some missing textures, this will suit you well!
No risk of losing craft, etc.

p5qTV17.png
gp0jSkv.png

Any relation to that super secret project a bunch of people were/are working on?

But that Soyuz looks seriously good! 

On 11/1/2017 at 5:49 PM, Drakenex said:

In the case you want someone to continue your parts, I'm up to the task!

I attempted to hand over the Wings model to Beale, but was unable to locate it unfortunately. It's not a very difficult shape to model at all. He's already done the little yellow IGLA antenna, and made a docking light, so it's sensible that he finish up the Soyuz parts with a cupola. @Beale, what think you?

Edited by curtquarquesso

1 hour ago, curtquarquesso said:

I attempted to hand over the Wings model to Beale, but was unable to locate it unfortunately. It's not a very difficult shape to model at all. He's already done the little yellow IGLA antenna, and made a docking light, so it's sensible that he finish up the Soyuz parts with a cupola. @Beale, what think you?

That would be great

19 hours ago, Chimer4 said:

Any relation to that super secret project a bunch of people were/are working on?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Yes :) 

17 hours ago, Drakenex said:
HjdRZno.png

Ay! That's super nice!

2 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

To be honest, I planned to create it as an entirely new Orbital module - you get two benefits:

1. Integrate with the mesh correctly (This is hard with a separate cylinder shape, and you get clipping through the middle of edges.
2. In an IVA that could be made, you can actually use the view window.

Hey I have some new stuff!

H1sQl5J.png

So, two options here:

1. The backup engine is changed to a full-fledged engine module (Throttle controlled, etc) and you can switch between LOX mode and Monopropellant mode.
2. Two module RCS, one for the backup engine and another module for the attitude control. The only downside here is there are two "enable RCS" buttons.

Cannot use one ModuleRCS for forward thrust and yaw/pitch because KSP does some silly things, Ex. uses the rear mono thrusters for yaw and pitch control adding unwarnted forward motion.

Does that make any sense?

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It's certainly looking to be a good one :wink:

H1sQl5J.png

So, two options here:

1. The backup engine is changed to a full-fledged engine module (Throttle controlled, etc) and you can switch between LOX mode and Monopropellant mode.
2. Two module RCS, one for the backup engine and another module for the attitude control. The only downside here is there are two "enable RCS" buttons.

Cannot use one ModuleRCS for forward thrust and yaw/pitch because KSP does some silly things, Ex. uses the rear mono thrusters for yaw and pitch control adding unwarnted forward motion.

Spoiler

I did't reply in this one :wink:

Personally, I would have it as two RCS modules. You can always put it on to fore by throttle anyway for the backup engine. But I see the appeal of either option

14 hours ago, Beale said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes :) 

Ay! That's super nice!

To be honest, I planned to create it as an entirely new Orbital module - you get two benefits:

1. Integrate with the mesh correctly (This is hard with a separate cylinder shape, and you get clipping through the middle of edges.
2. In an IVA that could be made, you can actually use the view window.

So, two options here:

Great! yes, a third orbital module is the way to go.

No sense, but interesting non the less :P

New Shenzhou! If someone wants to grab it let me and I'll make a pack

fjrtlZ9.png

RxX2Us6.png

Edited by Drakenex

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry! damn temp hosting

I know @Beale wants to wait for stock texture switching, but because the DLC who will enable it doesn't have a release date (AFAIK), well, I made a patch, if the man is OK I will share it

Very happy of course.
My only comment is: For the black parts, you want to adjust the layers called "body higher" to around 40-50% opacity, otherwise the highlights along the panel edges look a little too strong. For "black" parts I am planning with my own textures to go with a base colour of #595959 or darker grey, but a range of shades works well.

Re: the Shenzhou! Wow! Nice job.  Could we see the Drakenex chinese pack in future I wonder? :) 
All that is really needed is the OM solar panels (But, did later Shenzhou flights remove those anyway?).

Edited by Beale

28 minutes ago, Beale said:

Very happy of course.
My only comment is: For the black parts, you want to adjust the layers called "body higher" to around 40-50% opacity, otherwise the highlights along the panel edges look a little too strong. For "black" parts I am planning with my own textures to go with a base colour of #595959 or darker grey, but a range of shades works well.

Re: the Shenzhou! Wow! Nice job.  Could we see the Drakenex chinese pack in future I wonder? :) 
All that is really needed is the OM solar panels (But, did later Shenzhou flights remove those anyway?).

Great advice thanks!

The only Chinese packs are the ones with stuff from dealxtreme arriving in the mail :sticktongue:, but seriously, yes, I can try to make an special parts re-texture to make Tiangong-1/2. And yes, they removes the panels from the OM.

And about the texture switch stuff, I'll complete the patch including CM, OM, engine, decoupler, heatshield and parachute. Let me know how do you want to include it, may be a GH fork?, that way you can include alt textures and other submitted ones.

And talking about submitted work, Beale made alternate textures work childs play this time, so there's no excuse to request anything, go make it, then share it!

On 28.5.2017 at 11:21 AM, Fly Angry said:

Firespitter texture switches done for all Soyuz parts. These parts are also repaintable on EVA, in case your Kerbonauts deviate from the program and decide to show their artistic spacewalking skills.

I dialled back the saturation of the colours I was using. I think they blend much more nicely with the default Tantares scheme now, but I'm open to suggestions and criticism.

GAGZBHs.jpg

@DrakenexGreat to hear you add a Textureswitching. Do you add only the grey and the black ones? Or do  you add more ones? It would be cool to have some textures like @Fly Angry showed in the pic (dark green and light blue).