[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

New parts updated on Github

I will upload crafts when we are finished, but a few tips to build Buran:

• Auto-strut the parts to the heaviest part.
  • Do not use rigid attachment
  • For stock Kerbin, four boosters are not required, use two (Currently I am using Proton tanks and Stock Vector engines X2).
  • Tilt one of the rows of engines 5 degrees towards the payload (Use the rotate VAB tool and hold shift to rotate in 5 degree increments).
  • Ascent profile is quite like the Space shuttle, fly with the shuttle under the rocket as you do the gravity turn.
  • You can get the Buran parts from Pak's Cormorant Aeronology

Following these steps, it really does fly as smooth as cream. You can lift many tons into orbit.

O4cnvmX.jpg
HFIEfdV.png
Tt27Tk9.png
Qf6T47E.png
fD4DoPI.png

Edited by Beale

On 4/6/2018 at 4:11 AM, TK-313 said:

Checking out the LK-700 photos...

Is it me or the sides of the dish on top actually fold when concealed under the LES? Because I see no other way for it to fit there.

My guess is that they EVA out and bolt it on mid-flight... :wink:

16 minutes ago, Semaj97 said:

Are the rockets just one part? Or are there separate engines, boosters, stages, etc?

They are made from separate engines, fuel tanks... They are also balanced in a way to fit in with the stock parts.

Edited by notJebKerman

1 minute ago, notJebKerman said:

They are also balanced in a way to fit in with the stock parts.

To avoid confusion: stock parts actually make sense not in the stock solar system (which is roughly 0.1 scale of the real one), but in systems scaled to be 0.25-0.32 scale of the real thing. So does this mod.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:14 AM, HooHungLow said:

Love it. Although one thing that is lacking from almost all of the Russian Mods is a proper Block A Energia Booster. Complete with landing gear, chute and nosecone. 

Too far out of scope right now, I will consider it later.
I thought it was the wings version. :confused:

Github
If you are using the Github W.I.P versions, there are a few breaking changes coming for the yet-to-be-released Energia parts. Thanks for your patience.

ySysP1R.png
HeyKEJU.png
yzR4yay.png
DZHqei7.png

Edited by Beale

11 hours ago, ddavis425 said:

*snip*

Here's an OPSEK inspired station I'm building, the Russian segment is done and now I'm building an American segment to sort of make it into an ISS 2. Really can't wait for that updated VA capsule

you better release that .craft my dude