[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Love this part mod, but please, for the sake of my OCD...

Fix the typo on Tantares\Patches\KIS\KIS.cfg the next time you update your awesome mod!

@PART[Tantares_Habitation_2]:NEEDS[KIS]: 
	should be
	@PART[Tantares_Habitation_2]:NEEDS[KIS]

19 hours ago, Pappystein said:

On a more up to date note.  @Beale, I love the Cream/buff/white Colors for the R-7 in your concept graphic, but I have to go with Green.  Simple reason,  Many R-7 Satellite launches WERE green at least according to Bill Gunston's books on space, satellites and whatnot (Salamander book so pretty thin on techie detail and more to get kids/adults interested in his subjects without all the engineering/history.   

Unfortunately that was a library book and one the library no longer has on it's shelves (dK if it was worn out or some one kept it....)

Not sure whatever this book is, but I haven't seen any sources on "truly" green R7 derivatives. Molniya and everything else IRL seems to be the same off-grey colour.

Early crafts maybe had a different appearance:

171004_sputnik_5_launch.jpg?fit=clip&w=835

But by Luna 1, this familiar dark grey was there:

uig-975-05-sov-b-31867.jpg

The original ICBM may have been painted green, but worth investigating further.

18 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I second @Well for the crème dessert color, it's far tastiest ;)

The more edible a part looks, the more I like it.

4 hours ago, dxeh said:

Love this part mod, but please, for the sake of my OCD...

Fix the typo on Tantares\Patches\KIS\KIS.cfg the next time you update your awesome mod!

@PART[Tantares_Habitation_2]:NEEDS[KIS]: 
	should be
	@PART[Tantares_Habitation_2]:NEEDS[KIS]

Thanks, fixed.

Edited by Beale

yeah i think same, Many book and other graphic view generally always show the R7 green, but irl yeah i've see them mostly white/cream

I think all Sputnik early sat was launched on white cream R7

A2%20corp%20central.jpg

Voskhod are green

A1%20vokhod%2001.jpg

A2%20soyouz%20usine.jpg

and some soyuz also look like green, but in fact my problem is also because they never really green during launch due to the temp of the fuel tank, like all modern soyuz launcher: (green on the factory, but 90 % White during launch)

soyouz.jpg

So that why i prefer the cream variant, make what you want @Beale Green is also awesome, that fine for me what ever you decide.

( maybe you could also link an alternate texture not included in the mod, maybe a little complex to manage, but that also a solution to make everyone happy )

Here a model/mockup i think of the cream variant beale show on the shematic view :

TEST-FLIGHT-ROCKET-R7-8K71-from-First.jpg

Edited by Well

21 hours ago, Well said:

Voskhod are green

A1%20vokhod%2001.jpg

Great post :)

but, not sure for this one, the sunlight is very yellow, and the image is green-tinted overall (The sky is almost teal! :D )

Adjusted the colour balance and it looks more like off-grey under warm sunlight:

qzLb9wt.png

final colour is mild grey-off-green #808780
Almost same as the Restock soviet colour in fact!

Nu2g2tN.png

Edited by Beale

Just now, Beale said:

Adjusted the colour balance and it looks more like grey under warm sunlight:

Poor digitization and reproductions of faded films has been a constant issue with getting the right colours for Soviet rockets right? Isnt that the reason some people think there was a Green N1 when they were all grey?

9 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Poor digitization and reproductions of faded films has been a constant issue with getting the right colours for Soviet rockets right? Isnt that the reason some people think there was a Green N1 when they were all grey?

Totally!

zEVnZNI.jpg

Definitely tricky to notice sometimes, I am still a total amateur at it.
I wonder if it even compounds, and photos are colourised on the assumption that certain things are green.

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Beale said:

I wonder if it even compounds, and photos are colourised on the assumption that certain things are green.

Indeed, according to this article while I was researching this, the myth of the green N1 had spread to point that colour photos that looked grey would be tinted/colour balanced to what was assumed to be the "correct" green :o

https://nick-stevens.com/tag/n1-3l/

"Note that there was no green on any of the N-1 variants! This is a widely held misconception, as many museums show it as green, (including the London science museum, and many Russian museums too). Olive green was only used to camouflage missiles, (and green would make lousy camouflage in Baikonur at the best of times). This error has spread to the point where photographs have been tinted to make them look green). And sometimes it was just poor quality film stock."

Testing the new comrads Korobeale stuff.

1560550522-220200-20190614234646-1.png
1560550532-220200-20190615000322-1.png
1560550534-220200-20190615000704-1.png
1560550535-220200-20190615000758-1.png

Damn the envrionnement section is not going to appreciate that glorious junkyard on Mün...

For what I saw now the new LK is awesome! The dual color of white and green is neato I just ping some things : the LK engine is very powerful maybe a bit too much, and I thought, is it possible to add cargo section in the LK ? Maybe only one or two places but I think it could be cool for new DLC parts, I don't know if it would be time consuming or not ?

8 hours ago, Beale said:

Finally a 2 stage LK, so good! And i've always wanted that for cargo landing!

Like @DiscoSlelge said, that could be great to have a new DLC cargo section on this, or eventually a separate part ? idk

The Fact KIS don't allow DLC part is a little problem with tantares, but of course we could use the stock little box/inventory. I need to admit that could make me really happy to see a beale revamp of this one with srf attach. But an integrate inventory on the lander is also an easy solution.

Nice work anyway, i'm going to use these new LK part a lot!

2 minutes ago, doudou said:

k0nvXNK.jpg

nope, something is wrong with your install.

Send eventually your LOG files or mod list, try to delete old Tantares folder, and try to reintall it

Edited by Well

12 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Testing the new comrads Korobeale stuff.

Damn the envrionnement section is not going to appreciate that glorious junkyard on Mün...

For what I saw now the new LK is awesome! The dual color of white and green is neato I just ping some things : the LK engine is very powerful maybe a bit too much, and I thought, is it possible to add cargo section in the LK ? Maybe only one or two places but I think it could be cool for new DLC parts, I don't know if it would be time consuming or not ?

5 hours ago, Well said:

Finally a 2 stage LK, so good! And i've always wanted that for cargo landing!

Like @DiscoSlelge said, that could be great to have a new DLC cargo section on this, or eventually a separate part ? idk

The Fact KIS don't allow DLC part is a little problem with tantares, but of course we could use the stock little box/inventory. I need to admit that could make me really happy to see a beale revamp of this one with srf attach. But an integrate inventory on the lander is also an easy solution.

Nice work anyway, i'm going to use these new LK part a lot!

Many thanks!

Yes totally no problem, I will add storage capacity.

For new DLC, I think you can put the science in a container, and then put the container inside the storage? I'm not sure :ph34r: will investigate.

4 hours ago, doudou said:

k0nvXNK.jpg

Ah okay, those are the old "deprecated / removed" parts, sadly there is no way to hide them from this category of the VAB.

You should find the new parts in the function category:

nlMKfVm.png