[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

39 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

I know how to model.. its just my models seem to be very high in poly count.. I also cant texture very well.. so if you could help that would be great

What specifically are you struggling with? We can start there and move forward.

There are no top-down answers to high poly count and texturing. But we can first look at what you can do and improve from there.

Try to model and texture that cargo ship with your current skills and share your results.

Edited by Beale

So, I've just played with the alpha Soyuz parts... dear god... I see you've kept the same curve with the boosters as the last one, but with one noticeable difference. The width! That explains why I always thought the old boosters looked too think in relativity to the core. At 1.875 they're magnificent, and it looks perfect! Even though there's no core engine included in the alpha, I did a quick flight to test out how the Korolev Cross happened, even with the decoupler at the bottom of the booster and it worked flawlessly! It's perfect thus far, aside from the obvious... balance...

On a side note, I'm literally praying that you do with the third stage of Soyuz what you did with the N1 stages, and leaving a big 3 part shroud that comes off when you separate the engine, much like the real life one. Underneath could be a bare bones engine, also just like the real one!

blocki_fregat.png

Keep up the good work, buddy.

16 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

So, I've just played with the alpha Soyuz parts... dear god... I see you've kept the same curve with the boosters as the last one, but with one noticeable difference. The width! That explains why I always thought the old boosters looked too think in relativity to the core. At 1.875 they're magnificent, and it looks perfect! Even though there's no core engine included in the alpha, I did a quick flight to test out how the Korolev Cross happened, even with the decoupler at the bottom of the booster and it worked flawlessly! It's perfect thus far, aside from the obvious... balance...

On a side note, I'm literally praying that you do with the third stage of Soyuz what you did with the N1 stages, and leaving a big 3 part shroud that comes off when you separate the engine, much like the real life one. Underneath could be a bare bones engine, also just like the real one!

blocki_fregat.png

Keep up the good work, buddy.

Nice idea, I will do this yeah.

Soyuz Rocket WIP.

"Balanced" (No really it is much better if not perfect).
The booster engines have an interesting quirk I would be interested to hear feedback on (something to make the separate from stock engines). :wink: 

crmnXcR.png

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Nice idea, I will do this yeah.

Soyuz Rocket WIP.

"Balanced" (No really it is much better if not perfect).
The booster engines have an interesting quirk I would be interested to hear feedback on (something to make the separate from stock engines). :wink: 

crmnXcR.png

I'm not at home and am unable to test at the moment - do the new booser engines have the built-in verniers that work now?

@Beale The new engine works very nicely. The verniers are a treat. However, I noticed that the fuel on the 1.85m upper tank is wrong. You have it at 558/330 which is not a correct ratio. I'd bump the total from 888 to 890 LFO and go with a ratio of 484/396.

Edited by Daelkyr

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

I'm not at home and am unable to test at the moment - do the new booser engines have the built-in verniers that work now?

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I thought they already did?

The verniers are now built in, yes :) 

But, the new quirk is that the engines cannot be restarted once shut-down, it would be good to hear people on this.

1 hour ago, Daelkyr said:

@Beale The new engine works very nicely. The verniers are a treat. However, I noticed that the fuel on the 1.85m upper tank is wrong. You have it at 558/330 which is not a correct ratio. I'd bump the total from 888 to 890 LFO and go with a ratio of 484/396.

Thanks for spotting that!

Fixed.

15 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

1989 graphics intensifies

No no no! That was the age of colour:

sabrewulf.jpg

14 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Don't forget the fins. :wink:

No worries there!

13 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

You have a very strange country :wink:

A little more progress.

gmG57ka.png
NCSzCzu.png
mG9d9Si.png
Rb16S7U.png

1 hour ago, Beale said:

You also can send a Sputnik to Minmus!

I love that you pre-empted my "op" comment ;-)

Gave the parts a few quick launches, functionality is very good, verniers work right, etc etc. Thumbs up.

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

I love that you pre-empted my "op" comment ;-)

Gave the parts a few quick launches, functionality is very good, verniers work right, etc etc. Thumbs up.

If the Soviets had this capability with the real R7, hoo boy!

Many thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we will have the second stage + decouplers soon.

I think it's alright, for the real early Luna missions, the rocket is not so more larger, just a small upper stage (of course those were only fly-by missions).

L_Launch.jpg

Edited by Beale

30 minutes ago, Beale said:

If the Soviets had this capability with the real R7, hoo boy!

Many thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we will have the second stage + decouplers soon.

I think it's alright, for the real early Luna missions, the rocket is not so more larger, just a small upper stage (of course those were only fly-by missions).

L_Launch.jpg

The side boosters burn for too long.
If the booster engines were a bit less efficient, it'd be in rather good shape IMO.

18 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

The side boosters burn for too long.
If the booster engines were a bit less efficient, it'd be in rather good shape IMO.

They are pretty efficient at the moment, yes I think a good idea to tune them down.

thanks for this nice mod! and i got some problem.. plz help

i enjoyed playing  CaptKordit's craft files in ksp 1.0.5 and old TantaresLV,Tantares  mods but when i updated to ksp 1.2.2 and your mods when loading craft files ( CaptKordite 's mir station) it says that some parts are missing ex) ALV.Engine.A... so i can't use that craft files is there any ways to use that old craft files?

sorry for my bad english ^^

Edited by moonjy1120