[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

@DrakenexYou linked to an very old version of the ISS-Mod. There is no JEM-Arm included and the Canadarm 2 is only the very old Romfarer-Arm (one part) which isn`t working. There is a newer download somewhere which has a working Canadarm 2 with a Remote Manipulator System and a JEM-Arm. I didn't find the link but I have it on my HDD and tested it in KSP 1.3.1 a few minutes ago. It works. The only thing which isn't working is the Magnet on the Grabbling part. I attached the KAS-Magnet and everything worked fine.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@DrakenexYou linked to an very old version of the ISS-Mod. There is no JEM-Arm included and the Canadarm 2 is only the very old Romfarer-Arm (one part) which isn`t working. There is a newer download somewhere which has a working Canadarm 2 with a Remote Manipulator System and a JEM-Arm. I didn't find the link but I have it on my HDD and tested it in KSP 1.3.1 a few minutes ago. It works. The only thing which isn't working is the Magnet on the Grabbling part. I attached the KAS-Magnet and everything worked fine.

Ouch! my bad! very very sorry. Here's the correct pack:

ISS Pack

I'll make a patch for the grapple in order to make it work correctly with KAS. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Drakenex

On 28/10/2017 at 3:48 PM, debaker02 said:

OA03AFL.png

Too bad it started off life with solar panels.... No resets here lol!!

I'm curious to know how they died :D 
Nice fly-by mission, and black Soyuz.

19 hours ago, Deltac said:

I mad an N1-L3 rocket using parts from Contares and SSTU

(hurray, imgur album thing isn't working here.)

Reveal hidden contents

qww0YdU.pngHf9wk6S.png

VVNQpTi.png

hGMv9so.png

Green! \o/

Uf! What a beauty. I had no idea about the SSTU fairings with grid fins.
But, the question is, did it fly?

11 hours ago, Drakenex said:

My recreation of this, using Tantares, Contares, ArcAerospace, Cormorant Aeronology, HansonMa's CST-100, Tundra exploration Dragon Cargo, Photoshop and a lot of free time :P

XXQLftl.png

Very pretty! Impressive it is possible to build all of these in a stockalike style now :) 

It's not finished, but you get the idea.

XI2aauS.png

5fvzLpZ.png

3Mc4xh7.png

Edited by Beale

BXTdN3Y.png
Y7WeYuO.png
wxQZgVs.png

Yeah the heatshield is separate now. (This will not break any existing craft!). The existing Soyuz is too short by the exact height of a heat shield (maybe I forgot to do something back in the day?).

Edited by Beale

8 hours ago, Beale said:

I'm curious to know how they died :D 
Nice fly-by mission, and black Soyuz.

Thanks  for making the colors.  Ironically, it had a worse problem than Skylab had in real life.  When I staged the fairing for the station the solar panels came right off.  Thanks to the wonder of hibernation, it made it to the moon with power left.  Jeb really wanted the Snacks we were keeping in the station. 

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

Ah, but there is a reason  you can't have it yet:

The magic of shared textures.

Oh! hehe I know, I'm married, so I'm a patient man :P

Speaking of shared textures, is @curtquarquesso still active? His Soyuz window (witch is a basic part of my Soyuz build) shared textures with your Soyuz, if not, I'll try to re-texture it once it's done