[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Bersagliere81 said:

I just had a rescue contract, and I found the kerbal is in an A-C10 crewed block. It can't go EVA as there are no hatches, and no docking ports. How can I rescue that frog?

Mount an "advanced grabbing unit" on the rescue ship and grab the A-C10 block. Then the Kerbal can be rescued by crew transfer.

1 minute ago, hraban said:

Mount an "advanced grabbing unit" on the rescue ship and grab the A-C10 block. Then the Kerbal can be rescued by crew transfer.

I just finished that in this right moment. For the first time ever I used hyperedit and alt+f12. Not feeling guilty as my rescue ship was there :D. Thank you

Edited by Bersagliere81

7 hours ago, hraban said:

The squares around the airlock do not look good. The wrong placement destroys the basically well-intentioned image. :(

Just a little joke, I wouldn't worry about it too much (Or should you? :sticktongue:).

GqvybT7.png Docking port, orbital module, crew capsule, heatshield (with fairing) and decoupler. More progress!
WqWtm7B.png

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Just a little joke, I wouldn't worry about it too much (Or should you? :sticktongue:).

Worried about a texture mistake that has not grown on my crap, no! :D
I'm more worried about the hatches in your capsules. With a maximum helmet diameter of 0.625m this will probably not get in and out. Are you planning to transport only octopuses and squid in the future? :sticktongue:

4 hours ago, hraban said:

I'm more worried about the hatches in your capsules. With a maximum helmet diameter of 0.625m this will probably not get in and out. Are you planning to transport only octopuses and squid in the future? :sticktongue:

It will be fine! No worries 

Still a lot of work to do on this boy, but it is taking shape nicely.

qApio87.png
TSr4fPr.png
oOZZTlZ.png

Edited by Beale

6 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Though I know I'll have to do it everything again, this is my take on the Shengzhou

8aQbw5g.png

You won't have to do it again, the craft files will be compatible. Edit: oh! The textures! Pretty :)

Nice!

Edited by Beale

On 11/3/2017 at 8:06 PM, Beale said:

Are you looking forward to alternate textures?

R6uDZkV.png

Random Idea: Make the checkerboard fire engine red and chartreuse yellow, and then make the rest of the pod fire engine red. Maybe move the checkerboard more towards the front of the craft, and behold, a "Rescyuz" (Rescue Soyuz). It might actually look pretty cool.

3 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Random Idea: Make the checkerboard fire engine red and chartreuse yellow, and then make the rest of the pod fire engine red. Maybe move the checkerboard more towards the front of the craft, and behold, a "Rescyuz" (Rescue Soyuz). It might actually look pretty cool.

Interesting... :D 

S3IujqK.png

More work on the engine:

dxU4LrD.png
IwU0spG.png

But, why can we not see the rear yet?

9lyYQlg.png
q4E28qt.gif

Jp2zUmx.png

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Interesting... :D 

S3IujqK.png

Wow. That actually looks better than I thought it would. Maybe an texture option with this, and then a reversed option would be good for those who wish to have rescue-ish ships.

Edited by DJ Reonic

1 hour ago, Third_OfFive said:

One teeny little suggestion, perhaps could you change the color of those little arrows on the decoupler to be red instead of black? I think that would look better.

Maybe, but it's a fairly minor detail, I will leave it until in-game.

BU9RNYi.png

Just found out that Blok-D assembly fits PERFECTLY into BDB's Apollo petal adapter.

Which led to a rather thrilling rescue mission from Mun orbit - with Saturn IB + Blok D + Apollo. First, S-IB was barely able to reach 100-km orbit - leaving me with about 30 m\s dV. Second, Blok-D gave only about 75% of dV needed for Mun transfer - so I had to do a second burn. Not to mention the extraction maneuver and rather ingenious adapter (Blok-D's upper ring is 0.9375 and BDB Apollo's docking ring is 0.675, so I had to improvise. BDB's Gemini-inspired adapter went in juuust fine!).

Anyway, total success, Nina Kerman is now safe.

That's what I'm talking about:

rfafV73.jpg

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

Just found out that Blok-D assembly fits PERFECTLY into BDB's Apollo petal adapter.

Which led to a rather thrilling rescue mission from Mun orbit - with Saturn IB + Blok D + Apollo. First, S-IB was barely able to reach 100-km orbit - leaving me with about 30 m\s dV. Second, Blok-D gave only about 75% of dV needed for Mun transfer - so I had to do a second burn. Not to mention the extraction maneuver and rather ingenious adapter (Blok-D's upper ring is 0.9375 and BDB Apollo's docking ring is 0.675, so I had to improvise. BDB's Gemini-inspired adapter went in juuust fine!).

Anyway, total success, Nina Kerman is now safe.

Hide contents

rfafV73.jpg

That's really neat! Nice rescue mission.

I have some interesting developments... (No plugin needed).

HBDs4Vi.png
q3Naeft.png

58 minutes ago, Beale said:

That's really neat! Nice rescue mission.

I have some interesting developments... (No plugin needed).

HBDs4Vi.png
q3Naeft.png

I just imagine a cork popping sound when the kerbal comes out of that hatch :P

Also what fuel tank is that? I thought it was an Oscar b at first