[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

35 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

iVI8MzU.png

You mean like the silver cover on the topside of Zarya? I've been using the Vostok Parachute for now but I agree, would be a nice thing to have :) Maybe instead of a special version of the Mir 6-way adapter with 4 ports we could have the 6-way adapter and a part to cover the unused attachment nodes

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Lol, I also use the Vostok parachute. Also good idea.

1 minute ago, ThomasV said:

Can someone please explain to me how to install this mod? I added it in game data, but when I wanted to use it, the parts weren't in the game... (ps: i have a mac)

Can you show a screenshot of your gamedata folder? Inside it you should have a Tantares folder and/or a TantaresLV folder.

12 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you show a screenshot of your gamedata folder? Inside it you should have a Tantares folder and/or a TantaresLV folder.

For some reason i can't copy the screenshot in here... but there is a folder in there.
Edited by ThomasV

7 minutes ago, ThomasV said:

For some reason i can't copy the screenshot in here...

The forum doesn't actually host images, so you can't paste an image itself.  However, you can paste a link to an image that's hosted elsewhere, and it will automagically get displayed as an image in your post.  Here's how you post an image here:

1. Upload your image to some 3rd party image sharing site, such as imgur.com.
    • Note, it doesn't have to be imgur.com, any site will do.
    • However, imgur is probably the most popular one for the folks here to use, probably because it's so quick & easy, and also it doesn't require you to create an account in order to upload things; it accepts anonymous uploads.
  2. View the image on that site, then right-click on it and choose "Copy Image Location".
  3. Paste that URL into your forum post here.

Ta dah!  :)  (And welcome to the forums!)

5 minutes ago, Snark said:

The forum doesn't actually host images, so you can't paste an image itself.  However, you can paste a link to an image that's hosted elsewhere, and it will automagically get displayed as an image in your post.  Here's how you post an image here:

1. Upload your image to some 3rd party image sharing site, such as imgur.com.
    • Note, it doesn't have to be imgur.com, any site will do.
    • However, imgur is probably the most popular one for the folks here to use, probably because it's so quick & easy, and also it doesn't require you to create an account in order to upload things; it accepts anonymous uploads.
  2. View the image on that site, then right-click on it and choose "Copy Image Location".
  3. Paste that URL into your forum post here.

Ta dah!  :)  (And welcome to the forums!)

I see, thank you very much! :)

1 hour ago, ThomasV said:

https://imgur.com/v6gYIpM

This folder is in my GameData

So, inside your GameData there is now another GameData folder? Move the Tantares folder to the 'real' one and it should work. The directory structure should look like <KSP Install location - the folder that has the game app>/Gamedata/Tantares.

I see, thank you very much! :)

You're quite welcome!

Also, in case you're wondering "why did my image not display in my forum post," details in spoiler.  ;)

Spoiler

Note that it just shows as a link, not as an in-line image.

That's because you didn't actually follow the instructions :sticktongue: , and pasted the wrong URL:  

1 hour ago, Snark said:

View the image on that site, then right-click on it and choose "Copy Image Location"

You just pasted the URL for the imgur page where the image happens to reside.  That doesn't work.  You need to paste the URL of the image, not the page.

It's easy to tell that you've pasted the wrong URL because it doesn't end in ".png".

Anyway, in this case it doesn't actually matter much; you've got a valid link that people can click on to see your image, so it's really just a cosmetic issue.

But for future reference, you need to have the image link for this to work.  If the URL that you paste doesn't end in ".png" or ".jpg" or similar well-known file extension for an image, then the KSP forum won't recognize it as an image and won't do the automagically-show-the-image thing.

Here's how it looks when done right:

v6gYIpM.png?1

23 hours ago, damonvv said:

*ahem*

uCVeMKb.png

Brother, I have seen things you wouldn't believe.

n1m1965.jpg

n1late.jpg 

The giant aerospike N1 is a real favourite.

5 hours ago, ThomasV said:

Aaah unfortunately the copy paste mechanism is a little different on Mac instead of Windows.
Basically inside the 'GameData' folder you downloaded, the individual 'Tantares' folder needs to go inside the true GamaData folder inside your KSP directory (That you downloaded from Steam or otherwise).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more problems.

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Snark said:

You're quite welcome!

Also, in case you're wondering "why did my image not display in my forum post," details in spoiler.  ;)

Hide contents

Note that it just shows as a link, not as an in-line image.

That's because you didn't actually follow the instructions :sticktongue: , and pasted the wrong URL:  

You just pasted the URL for the imgur page where the image happens to reside.  That doesn't work.  You need to paste the URL of the image, not the page.

It's easy to tell that you've pasted the wrong URL because it doesn't end in ".png".

Anyway, in this case it doesn't actually matter much; you've got a valid link that people can click on to see your image, so it's really just a cosmetic issue.

But for future reference, you need to have the image link for this to work.  If the URL that you paste doesn't end in ".png" or ".jpg" or similar well-known file extension for an image, then the KSP forum won't recognize it as an image and won't do the automagically-show-the-image thing.

Here's how it looks when done right:

v6gYIpM.png?1

Oh okay! Thanks! :) 

32 minutes ago, Beale said:

Brother, I have seen things you wouldn't believe.

n1m1965.jpg

n1late.jpg 

The giant aerospike N1 is a real favourite.

Aaah unfortunately the copy paste mechanism is a little different on Mac instead of Windows.
Basically inside the 'GameData' folder you downloaded, the individual 'Tantares' folder needs to go inside the true GamaData folder inside your KSP directory (That you downloaded from Steam or otherwise).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more problems.

It works, thank you very much!! :D 

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, inside your GameData there is now another GameData folder? Move the Tantares folder to the 'real' one and it should work. The directory structure should look like <KSP Install location - the folder that has the game app>/Gamedata/Tantares.

Got it, thank you very much!! :D

On 5/28/2018 at 9:16 AM, Derb said:

dxpCD6Q.png

LK-1 on Blok-D.

Sidenote: anyone have issues with heat shield (and sometimes engine) fairings having gaps and being off-center above decouplers? You can see it if you look closely at this image. Any idea what might be the cause?

How did you make the Block-D connecting struts (the very side it attaches to the rest of the craft) fit the width of the next stage tank?

On 5/27/2018 at 11:16 PM, Derb said:

dxpCD6Q.png

1 hour ago, Horus said:

How did you make the Block-D connecting struts (the very side it attaches to the rest of the craft) fit the width of the next stage tank?

yea, that's super cool! One part that I'd love to see in the game would be procedural strutted decoupler ring. Being able to set the top and bottom diameters plus length would open up some fun design opportunities from Russian Launchers to the Orion HydroLOX service module.

1 hour ago, Horus said:

I was wondering whether someone would notice! :wink: What I did: I imported the .mu into Blender, and scaled the upper outer ring x2 in the xy plane, did the math for the inner ring scale (to keep same thickness of the ring), and calculated the new position for the top strut vertices based on their original position relative to the edges of the top ring. Then I modified the collider to fit the new shape, and exported the .mu. From there you can copy the cfg and texture files, and give the part a new name in the cfg. This is probably the first real work I've done in Blender, and it helped me to figure out a lot of the functionality. The main challenge was dealing with all the calculations to keep the struts the right thickness.