[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

wow! that looks much better! have you done the greenening yet?

Some quick mock up. (ignore small imperfections around door, hatches)

03421cc194.jpg

Default style will be the same grey as Tantares, but Green style will be available too.

looking good! will there be any spaces for flags?

Unfortunately I don't quite understand the modelling conventions for flags, I would really like to do them. But I need a more practical explanation than the one from the PartTools thread.

I would likely place a small "flag space" to the top-right of the door.

alright! the station is going great. any pictures of the model for the propoltion module?

Nowhere near finished, but if you must :)

• No nozzle
  • No Texture
  • No Detail

5c4666350c.jpg

I am making many changes to it, not decided on a look yet.

Would like to adopt more of a "heavy duty" look compared to Tantares' OMS.

More of a mess too, with more wires. (compare to stock engines with their details)

Edited by Beale

Salyut In-Game

Javascript is disabled. View full album

In-game, rough configs.

They're full res, click for detail.

Seats 7 in total.

Each core adds 5 torque so it manouvers okay, I forgot RCS on this test.

Tantares Solar panels are a good match.

Specular textures on the adapters make it "glimmer" in the sun.

Edited by Beale

Honestly, I thought the stock-like Salyut was going to be a bit unpleasant looking, but you sure as hell pulled that off and beat my opinion down. Also, I figured I should mention that I use the Tantares all the time, especially as a orbital space station crew transfer vehicle (I think being that specific makes me qualify as a geek or an engineer... or both :D). I still have yet to try the Libra or Spica due to me not updating the pack and non-researched parts.

WOW! i'm loving the Salyut already!

I wonder.... if i can use the Salyut (when it's released of course)to build the MIR with it.

Since it's basically a modified Salyut with added docking ports and some FGB's docked onto it.

WOW! i'm loving the Salyut already!

I wonder.... if i can use the Salyut (when it's released of course)to build the MIR with it.

Since it's basically a modified Salyut with added docking ports and some FGB's docked onto it.

Yeah, and thanks! :)

Well at least something with a vague resemblance.

I experimented with this part:

Rockomax_Hubmax_Multi-Point_Connector_big.png

Add on end of Salyut

pho_core_h.jpg

MIR Core module! :)

I suppose the problem would be lack of fitting stock panels (There are honestly so many solar panel mods available though.)

Edited by Beale

Yeah, and thanks! :)

Well at least something with a vague resemblance.

I experimented with this part:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/w/images/8/86/Rockomax_Hubmax_Multi-Point_Connector_big.png

Add on end of Salyut

http://old.spaceonline.tv/photos/pho_core_h.jpg

MIR Core module! :)

I suppose the problem would be lack of fitting stock panels (There are honestly so many solar panel mods available though.)

Yeah i know, but the part doesn't look flush with the MIR core design that's why i used a different way to make a more flush layout wich you can see in this album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Yeah i know, but the part doesn't look flush with the MIR core design that's why i used a different way to make a more flush layout wich you can see in this album:

-snip-

I think I understand, Like there should be less space in between modules? (sorry about my English).

f5f04d7376.jpg

Like this? Add on cores are mounted backwards and are more "flush".

One on bottom left is original core.

I have not even a vague idea on what MIR's layout was like and this was just a quick hack-together job.

EDIT:MIR might be the ugliest space craft I've ever seen, but a beautiful kind of ugliness ;^)

Okay, so I looked at the layout, it looks like there are only two "Salyut" pieces in the design, the two on the side are VAs (right?). Top and far left are both something else.

People's thoughts? I wouldn't be totally against making a few other pieces (Though the VA design is out of the question at the moment, it is a lot of work).

1000px-Mir_diagram.svg.png

Edited by Beale

Here is an excellent reference on Mir with line drawings and history of almost all Soviet operational spacecraft. http://ston.jsc.nasa.gov/collections/TRS/_techrep/RP1357.pdf
They are all FGB derived parts based on the TKS spacecraft:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TKS_(spacecraft).

Only the core was a Salyut part.

Ah, thanks for the info! :)

I would like to finish Salyut, Progress (KAS holder anyone?) first. Then maybe I could look into MIR.

I'm disinterested at first, but the more I look at designs, the more I like them.

It is alarming how quickly this is becoming a Soviet spacecraft pack :wink:

how's the IVA doing?

Laid out, it will be fairly simple "filing cabinet" style inside. I have modeled some low-polygon 80s style computers that I'll place around, giving it a bit more flavour.

I'd say that Salyut Space Station will take a fair bit longer (4x that if moving onto MIR, though I'd release Salyut first on its own) than the D2 (and that was done pretty quick I think).

Edited by Beale

I didn't, no interesting!

Guess I will re-install KSO :) .

I once started on my own shuttle, but then lost faith when I saw KSO (which I think merges stock and B9 styles in a very sexy way).

75af0ac562.jpg

Mir Core Block is a DOS-7 based on Sayuz

Kvant 1 is a 37K-module

originaly all additional MIR-modules should be 37K's, but after the end of teh BURAN, plans have changed

Kvant2, Kristall, Spectr and Priroda are based on the TKS-space ship

It is good to have the names to google, thankyou :) .

Why did Polaris have to leave?

Just prioritizing, really. I am happy someone remembers it :) .

I do have a soft spot for it, but as I got it in game, lost interest.

Plus since its vanishing act, not many people have mourned its loss. Is there much people who are wanting it back?

If there is much demand, I would need to re-do models and textures as they were not on level with current models.

For reference: the Polaris was a stockified Fuji spacecraft.

4c9c022113.jpg

Edited by Beale

I didn't, no interesting!

Guess I will re-install KSO :) .

I once started on my own shuttle, but then lost faith when I saw KSO (which I think merges stock and B9 styles in a very sexy way).

http://puu.sh/9AXlN/75af0ac562.jpg

It is good to have the names to google, thankyou :) .

Just prioritizing, really. I am happy someone remembers it :) .

I do have a soft spot for it, but as I got it in game, lost interest.

Plus since its vanishing act, not many people have mourned its loss. Is there much people who are wanting it back?

If there is much demand, I would need to re-do models and textures as they were not on level with current models.

For reference: the Polaris was a stockified Fuji spacecraft.

http://puu.sh/9AXFC/4c9c022113.jpg

What's the capsule at the bottom of the last image?