[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Gimballing setup.

(Balancing is pulled from the void, don't ask about it yet :wink: )

I will do mesh switch between compact, size 0, size 1.

It's a separate mod anyway, but these will not require dependencies, optional hydrogen patch only, but might be overpowered if you're not running with Hydrogen resources? The tanks would be a lot heavier, that's for sure.

F7GNmM1.png
tMnUgnT.jpg
EPRktCU.png

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Beale said:

It's a separate mod anyway, but these will not require dependencies, optional hydrogen patch only, but might be overpowered if you're not running with Hydrogen resources? The tanks would be a lot heavier, that's for sure.

Awesome, do you think in the near future you could do something similar to this for Energia?

22 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Awesome, do you think in the near future you could do something similar to this for Energia?

The new 'Erebus' engine from Nertea's Cyrogenic Engines is a replica of the Energia engines, works very well with the Tantares parts. I found that you get the expected payload and an workable TWR using this engine with a fuel-switched Energia stack without having to make any config adjustments.

RAmJshl.png

On 8/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, Beale said:

Hi @Beale by overpowered were you referring to the ISP? It should be easy enough to set up a MM patch so that the ISP is is in the kerolox range when LH2 is not being used. Same for the tank dry masses too.

Cryoengines also does this if people use the patch that forces them to use LFO (why would you!). It will nerf the ISP to kerolox equivalents.

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Machinique said:

The new 'Erebus' engine from Nertea's Cyrogenic Engines is a replica of the Energia engines, works very well with the Tantares parts. I found that you get the expected payload and an workable TWR using this engine with a fuel-switched Energia stack without having to make any config adjustments.

RAmJshl.png

Also a very good option!

It's no secret these new H-II engines are more than a little inspired by those beauties.

57 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Hi @Beale by overpowered were you referring to the ISP? It should be easy enough to set up a MM patch so that the ISP is is in the kerolox range when LH2 is not being used. Same for the tank dry masses too.

Cryoengines also does this if people use the patch that forces them to use LFO (why would you!). It will nerf the ISP to kerolox equivalents.

I think I had my dumb-dumb hat on, yes exactly this :)

1 hour ago, captainradish said:

You know, I've been wondering why the Soviets developed a totally new rocket for their moon landing when they potentially had a rocket already in the Proton. Is there any known reason why they didn't? 

Proton is nowhere near powerful enough (19~ tons, sometimes a little more with modification), unless you are looking at 5/6 launches to assemble in low Earth orbit, with each component able to rendesvouz and dock independently, it's risky.

Interestingly, Proton comes from UR-500 in the same family of the larger UR-700 that used some of the same hardware, this would put a direct ascent vehicle to the Moon.

diagonal-big-tightx.jpg

Worth the honourable mention for Zond, you could put a person around the Moon in a single slingshot with the Proton alone, it's probably just too risky.

zond4_block_d_sep_1.jpgmain-qimg-98c012b5b151102d0aea105dda20e2af.webp

(There's a billion% more information to this, just my quick response :) )

Edited by Beale

Well, big news boys.

I can't say what the future will hold, but putting the brakes on any further work for a little while (I need a break to be honest).
Really happy to have Tantares in quite a neat "finished" state (That is all the art is up to a standard, if the balance can be a bit whack :wink: ) - so I will leave it here for now.

Thanks for everything.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, Beale said:

Well, big news boys.

I can't say what the future will hold, but putting the brakes on any further work for a little while (I need a break to be honest).
Really happy to have Tantares in quite a neat "finished" state (That is all the art is up to a standard, if the balance can be a bit whack :wink: ) - so I will leave it here for now.

Thanks for everything.

There's no harm in taking time off. See you in a bit dude! :)

On 8/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, Beale said:

Well, big news boys.

Thanks for everything.

No, thank YOU for all the work you've put into Tantares! I can legitimately say I wouldn't have played Kerbal nearly as much if it wasn't for your mod. 

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T165000.737 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Tantares/Parts/MIR-37K/Texture_Emissive' not found!
190831T165000.754 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Tantares/Parts/MIR-37K/Texture_Emissive' not found!
190831T165001.901 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_A_psd' not found!
190831T165001.914 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_A_psd' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Edited by N3N

On 8/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Hello,

These Errors exists, because the files aren't in the newest download-file.

So others should have the same errors, too.

I just wanted to help and wanted to ask, how to deal with this errors.

---

Sorry for my english, it's only my third language.

Edited by N3N

On 9/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, Thadeasaurous1 said:

maybe I'm just stupid, but i can't get real plume to work with this. I'm not 100% sure i'm installing it correctly though. (i just put the realplume folder from the Tantares/TantaresLV into the gamedata folder so it then goes into the realplume folder) 

You don't drag anything from the Tantares/LV folders.