[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

13 minutes ago, InsaneDruid said:

You posted a picture where it is clearly visible.

you can see, between the two "bulges" up and down in this pic the fairing is recessed in terms to the shape of the rest of the tanks on the left.

12 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

It is a much more interesting geometry overall.

12 minutes ago, hraban said:

Hi Beale,

i can send you the model at this evening MEZ.

Okay, I see now, thanks!

I can do something like that maybe, but for me it is not such a big deal.

@hraban thanks!

c34b0a8c38.jpg

I can for sure do a better job of the underside.

7d17fc7c95.jpg

Edited by Beale

Seems like even though it's on SpaceDock, CKAN seems to be trying to download Tantares from KerbalStuff still. Your LV pack is fine, but the main mod doesn't download. Thought I'd let you know :) 

30 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Seems like even though it's on SpaceDock, CKAN seems to be trying to download Tantares from KerbalStuff still. Your LV pack is fine, but the main mod doesn't download. Thought I'd let you know :) 

Thank you for the notice :) 

It appears that I have included the SpaceDock release the "include in CKAN" option, so I'm not sure what is happening. Is Tantares listed twice on CKAN maybe?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Dangit Beale, recess that bottom! I want a gaping hole!

I can play around, I think the flight model would be all covered up though?

05202b73ec.jpg

Caravan Palace, Anyone?

2569259d94.jpg

It is needing a bit of Greeble.

b8a102ff75.jpg

But combined with the Black Knight* upper stage, it works well!

*(close enough)

102494103c.jpg

f0d5516f05.jpg

3 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thank you for the notice :) 

It appears that I have included the SpaceDock release the "include in CKAN" option, so I'm not sure what is happening. Is Tantares listed twice on CKAN maybe?

While trying to get an image of the error it showed me previously, it just installed successfully! It definitely didn't work last time...computers are weird :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

While trying to get an image of the error it showed me previously, it just installed successfully! It definitely didn't work last time...computers are weird :rolleyes:

Very strange! :) 

38 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: Did you mean black KNIGHT or black ARROW?

I mean both!

06badb59bd.jpg

Edited by Beale

11 minutes ago, Beale said:

How about this?

The second stage in particular.

Up to you. I already have Centaur, and it's getting redone soon-ish. Speaking of which, anyone care to show what the BDB Centaur looks like on top of the Tantares Blue Streak?

On 3/8/2016 at 10:33 PM, Starwaster said:

isFairing controls (or used to control) whether the shroud/fairing stays attached to the decoupler or the engine. Default value is True: Fairing detaches with the decoupler.

IIRC, the way False used to work is that it would stay attached to the engine until the engine was staged. Sort of the way the interstage between the Saturn V first and second stages worked. (stage sep -> stage 2 rockets fire -> little while later, interstage detaches from stage 2). You've seen videos of that right? That's sort of how isFairing used to work. Sort of.

On 3/8/2016 at 6:19 AM, Beale said:

Many thanks for the explanation! 

Yes I think many parts in Tantares have it set to false, I will need to fix that quickly.

Just wondering if you have already fixed this on the parts it applied to? Can I get instructions on how to do this until next release? I don't want to be a pain, but just wanted to inquire...

21 hours ago, Beale said:

Maiden Voyage.

BETA

YAY!!!! Looking forward to this release. Gonna go play test now. I freaking love you man.

57 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Up to you. I already have Centaur, and it's getting redone soon-ish. Speaking of which, anyone care to show what the BDB Centaur looks like on top of the Tantares Blue Streak?

Like this:

a714d50e6c.jpg

43 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

Just wondering if you have already fixed this on the parts it applied to? Can I get instructions on how to do this until next release? I don't want to be a pain, but just wanted to inquire...

I wish I knew, but have yet to check :) 

You can check yourself, just find ModuleJettison inside part configs.

2 hours ago, Beale said:

How about this?

The second stage in particular.

246797ef28.jpg

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Like this?

Sorry my video capture didn't catch the first few seconds of liftoff. Although @Beale whats up with no flames on the Blue Streak engine? your pics show flames but mine doesn't. I don't have RealPlumes installed if that is a must. I did delete the old NLV folder before adding the latest Beta, should I have merged the folders instead?

Love your parts @CobaltWolf Centaur almost suffered a flipping issue because it ignited at around 20km altitude and for some reason I thought you had a custom fairing texture for the Centaur fairing? It showed up as stock. If I'm mistaken then ignore that.

Anyway Enjoy! :cool:

49 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

Love your parts @CobaltWolf Centaur almost suffered a flipping issue because it ignited at around 20km altitude and for some reason I thought you had a custom fairing texture for the Centaur fairing? It showed up as stock. If I'm mistaken then ignore that.

Anyway Enjoy! :cool:

Maybe stuff involving BDB should be discussed with us over at BDB. :P