[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

To think this could have been the first moon landing! 

Whenever I see the stage configuration for how this was supposed to have happened, I can't help to think how 'kerbal' this looks:

SAra2Nl.jpg

Its how I usually did it, when I used to play with mostly stock parts. It shows that this Russian approach was, at least, very logical. 

Aaaah this one is a little different, the LK-1 was Proton launched and only for a fly-by of the Moon (free return, no orbit).

JjpNRGH.png

9 hours ago, Beale said:

Still not sure I understand, could uow a screemshot or video maybe?

Hm, I don't know how I can explain it better. Just try building fairings around payloads, sometimes when I right click to delete a section I can't delete said section until I find the "correct" cursor location or exit the VAB. It's not really too big of an issue.

EDIT: Almost certain it only affects Tantares fairings.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

On 5/28/2018 at 2:41 AM, Zorg said:

Edit: Looks like a stock bug thats been around for a while... unless yours is a separate issue. Sounds like the same thing though.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173262-was-this-engine-shroud-bug-ever-fixed/

I just went about confirming this by loading up just stock+tantares (since tantares heat shields always do this to me), and yep, looks like some version of that same bug. Haven't seen the shrouds moving per se, just off-center. Ah well, Tantares not to blame!

Finally finished my MIR station.

Energia+Buran carrying Priroda

N0abct3.png

The Priroda module is covered in science instruments from various mods. A tweakscaled SAR radar from Probes Plus is used to recreate the IRL Travers SAR dish.

MynJ31f.png

This docking attempt did not got well. Forgot to swap out the standard Clampotron with a Jr. (the extensible airlock only interfaces with clampotron jr.) *facepalm* 

zmYp0iz.png

Completed MIR in all its glory. Soyuz and Progress docked at either end to complete the look. And a fixed Buran too :D

P7vDpah.png

One final angle. If you look closely you can see a CADS docking port perpendicular to the extensible airlock to allow BluedogDB Apollo craft to dock (after retracting the obstructing solar panel).

el0sqqj.png

MIR has always been my favourite looking station so thanks once again to Beale for this awesome mod!

@Zorg @HooHungLow Seriously awesome builds! Really thanks for sharing! :) 
How would you feel if I stole a few of those photos for a gallery?

The realplume FX make the launches so much better, the MIR build itself is... :cool:

@HooHungLow I am pretty convinced standalone Zond parts are no longer required from your great work.

12 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Um... can I ask what font did you use for the cyrillic part?

The famous rocket Engineer SnzLfmzi :D 
Well, I cannot read Cyrillic very well, but know just a little enough to never take the faux-Cyrillic seriously now.

Edited by Beale

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

Well, I cannot read Cyrillic perfectly, but know just a little enough to never take the faux-Cyrillic seriously now.

Well, at least that font has a proper Ф. Which means that it likely has the rest of cyrillic alphabet. Which means that it may be used to shop a proper inscription (something along the lines of "ЛК-1 В. Н. Челомея") in place. Sorry if that was inappropriate, but it's just my instinct as a native Russian speaker ;)

16 minutes ago, Beale said:

How would you feel if I stole a few of those photos for a gallery?

Have at it man! (help yourself to these or any of the others I've posted in this thread)

Edited by Zorg

15 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Um... can I ask what font did you use for the cyrillic part?

It's a vanity font called MotherRussian... Lol, I am not kidding :) 

14 hours ago, Beale said:

@HooHungLow I am pretty convinced standalone Zond parts are no longer required from your great work.

Well, I cannot read Cyrillic very well, but know just a little enough to never take the faux-Cyrillic seriously now.

You're right, it's just the words on the left in a different font, not real. Also, feel free to use any pics of mine you want, I am happy to contribute. 

14 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Well, at least that font has a proper Ф. Which means that it likely has the rest of cyrillic alphabet. Which means that it may be used to shop a proper inscription (something along the lines of "ЛК-1 В. Н. Челомея") in place. Sorry if that was inappropriate, but it's just my instinct as a native Russian speaker ;)

Good guess, but I actually was too lazy to install the Cyrillic alphabet so I just used a font that exchanged certain letters with cyrillic characters, it's purely for show.  

15 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I wanted to share with everyone some shots of my LK700 mission :)

1527714334-20180530161406-1.jpg

Looking good!

The only major thing we're missing (other than the booster, which isn't realistic to hope for considering how complex it was) are the long-fold-out landing legs.

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

Looking good!

The only major thing we're missing (other than the booster, which isn't realistic to hope for considering how complex it was) are the long-fold-out landing legs.

One day our lord and savor loaf-man will grant us with those legs
1527775101-index.jpg

Edited by DiscoSlelge

4 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Looking good!

What about the SAS with room for the dish under it? (It has a fairing cone that conceals the antenna and the parachute and goes down to about the top of the capsule)