[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 3/17/2019 at 8:46 PM, Deltac said:

I can only imagine you have several notes set on top of that one xD

So I ran into a bug I think with Auto strutting:

As Beale has already pointed out be weary of rigid attachment.   I use it on wing-fuselage joints only (not wing to wing not fuselage to fuselage..   I have not seen a station Kracken like that since prior to 1.0!    I currently have a 34 module station  with parts from 4 different mods in orbit that is routinely getting large crafts (Think Titan/Depner Rocket sized) with no issues.   I think the biggest thing is Auto-strut your original CORE parts as follows.   Bottom to top alternate Autostrut heaviest, then Root.   Just don't autostrut Root to Root... it don't work that way... it doesn't like it!  I don't like it either!  (sorry had to try to continue the Star Wars theme going on today across KSP)

If each of your additional parts are auto-strutted the same way before you launch them there is no need to further autostrut in space in my experience.

Hope that helps.   If you have a lot of parts ABOVE your root part. again start at the end and work down to the root part.  

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

UDMH/N2O2 has never looked so delicious.
30vbjQ2h.pngclVYe42h.pngkr3HkrEh.jpg
Adding some Russian flavour to my international extended Skylab
0XS7oSTh.pngljWcuzmh.jpgDpOJnrjh.jpg

Ok, this did it for me. I'm going to start a new save of KSP and get back into the game. Can I get a list of graphical mods? That looks flipping fantastic. 

3 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Ok, this did it for me. I'm going to start a new save of KSP and get back into the game. Can I get a list of graphical mods? That looks flipping fantastic. 

Thanks! This is Galileo's Planet Pack with high res texture option together with EVE and Scatterer (0.0336 since GPP is not yet updated for the new scatterer).

Planetshine is also being used here with a high level of Vacuum light boost.

Engine lighting and realplume are also installed. The skybox is Poods deep star skybox.

Finally I'm using KS3P with a custom config by Orbital Phoenix. This really makes a huge difference to the look and feel.

(I think thats everything!)

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

DpOJnrjh.jpg

You should totally check out the updates for HabTech2 (you probably already know about it) which I think could really add to your overall cool aesthetic. Your mix of styles makes it look really industrialized which you could really expand.

There's some great parts in there and the mod maker has done a ton of work re-texturing his replica ISS parts.

(Sorry! Don't mean to advertise in another thread! I'm not affiliated with the other mod, just a big fan!)

Edited by scottadges

9 hours ago, Zorg said:

UDMH/N2O2 has never looked so delicious.
Adding some Russian flavour to my international extended Skylab

DpOJnrjh.jpg

It is beautifully chaotic! Really nice station :D 

Kosmos 1.25m engines are about to get a lot more useful!

wCSQg94.png

20 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Man, I must have the wrong roadmap...

:wink:

Although jokes aside guys, Voskhod isn't happening anytime soon. I don't want to build a false hope. There is a lot more higher priority.

NAiDtvQ.png
TpmjwrZ.png
wsDSxJ0.png

Edited by Beale

RE versioning.  Also 1.6.1   I am generally up to date within 7 days of new version launch... Mostly hung up waiting on Modulemanager and B9PartSwitch.... (and anything DMagic, Tweakscale, and Toolbar)  

You are talking about mesh-switching Beale.. I assume through B9PS?   Are you going to offer fuel switching as well at some point down the line?  You have a lot of parts that should be some form of Hypergolic fuel and a few that should be HydroLox.    I am not looking for Realfuels as it is WAYY too complicated.  Just wondering if it is something you thought of and what your thoughts are...

22 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

You are talking about mesh-switching Beale.. I assume through B9PS?   Are you going to offer fuel switching as well at some point down the line?  You have a lot of parts that should be some form of Hypergolic fuel and a few that should be HydroLox.    I am not looking for Realfuels as it is WAYY too complicated.  Just wondering if it is something you thought of and what your thoughts are...

Right now actually, even more basic than that - just the stock mesh switch mainly for visual purposes for example bare vs. boattail engine.

The way stock mesh switching is set up does allow pretty natural integration with B9PS down the line through module manager (toggle individual game objects etc). So who knows what the future might hold in that regard - but I would never introduce a hard dependency onto the mod :)

On 3/19/2019 at 9:07 PM, Beale said:

Hey all, how many of you use 1.3 still?
And, how many of you use 1.4 and 1.5?

I would like to introduce mesh switching + a limited use of the APBR shader (for solar panels) - but, this would break backwards compatibility.

Model swap would break for 1.3.

New shader would break for 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5.

Thanking you.

I'm still on 1.3 since KJR hasn't been updated

2 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I don't mean to offend @Beale, but would it be possible for you toadd some greebles to your parts, like in BDB? And more varied colours, instead of just blocks of grey?

If you have a specific suggestion sure, identify what you would change and I will take a look if I agree.

Tantares does not need greebles. Tantares needs details. If you want suggestions, here's some:

1. Dome-shaped fuel tank endcaps. This helps a lot. It's the difference between a fuel tank and an oil drum.
2. Some Russian rockets use toroidal tanks, with engine fitting inside. Zenit is one example. Would be good to see this accurately represented (as a bonus, it'd be a first for a KSP mod).
3. Retrorockets and ullage motors. They're a really nice touch, produce pretty flames and make rockets look more interesting.
4. Detailed instrument units. I haven't seen any of those in TLV, unlike BDB which has a probe core for every rocket.

Kosmos 3 specifically:
Kosm_43big.jpg
Kosm_44big.jpg

1. Side-mounted tanks. 
2. Animated jet vanes (luckily, this design allows them to be integrated into the engine, even if the shroud can be removed).
3. Retrorockets and the instrument unit.
4. 2nd stage cable tunnel connecting to the IU (at the "blister" part. Autoshrouds work well here).
5. The bottom of a stage typically has various connectors, either to the pad or to the stage below. Modeling at least some of those is a good idea. Likewise, intertank compartments often have access doors, even if they're not otherwise marked.

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

^

As stated above

It's a blocked user so I can't see the post (and I don't want to).

But back to the original post @Barzon Kerman please appreciate I have a life, family and job outside of KSP.

Though I will continue to improve things it is item #9999 on my priorities in life.

Guys, I would like to nip this in the bud here for now, please.

Edited by Beale

9 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's a blocked user so I can't see the post (and I don't want to).

But back to the original post @Barzon Kerman please appreciate I have a life, family and job outside of KSP.

Though I will continue to improve things it is item #9999 on my priorities in life.

Guys, I would like to nip this in the bud here for now, please.

Ohhh so sorry, just remembered. Move along, nothing to see then :P

Well, his mod and his loss. You guys are free to repost my pics and the suggestions (do dig up the last post about Soyuz family, it too had some good ideas). Feel free to trim out anything not Beale-safe and/or add empty praise. 

Additional pics and technical info available on request by PM. Feedback available by PM, too, but beware, it's honest and there will be comparisons to CobaltWolf's latest work, so ask at your own peril.

Edited by Guest