[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 minutes ago, abbe026 said:

okay now i'm really confused. Where am i suppose to put that code? 

Ps: If you can't already tell, i have never done this before :/

That's cool, every day is a school day. 

Make a new notepad file, copy the contents of the box from my previous post into the new text file,  then save it some into your tantares folder (usually this would go into the mod's "Patches" folder if there is one.

Then open where you save it in Explorer and rename the file something like "myTantaresUSIPatch.cfg"

Windows will do the usual 'changing this file type may break it blah blah' but if you don't change it to a '.cfg' MM won't recognise it. 

Edited by steedcrugeon
So many typos!

37 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

That's cool, every day is a school day. 

Make a new notepad file, copy the contents of the box from my previous post into the new text file,  then save it some into your tantares folder (usually this would go into the mod's "Patches" folder if there is one.

Then open where you save it in Explorer and rename the file something like "myTantaresUSIPatch.cfg"

Windows will do the usual 'changing this file type may break it blah blah' but if you don't change it to a '.cfg' MM won't recognise it. 

It worked!

Now if i want to mod other parts can i write it in the same file or do i need to make a new one? 

7 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Here's code for 90 days supplies for 4 crew.  Standard crew of 3 will get 120 for a little extra leeway.

// Add TAC-LS life support resources to Tantare's Progress module for delivery to space stations
@PART[Hamal_Habitation_1]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 131.64
        maxAmount = 131.64
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 87
        maxAmount = 87
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 13324.56
        maxAmount = 13324.56
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = CarbonDioxide
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 11509.56
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 12
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 110.88
    }
}

Very nice!

How is this different from USI-LS, is it only unique resource vs. generic 'supplies' ?

2 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I deleted the old update, and placed in the new... and I still have the untextured cargo bay, Spektre, and antennas. Nevermind, antennas were fixed.

I will push out an update tonight, to hopefully resolve any issues.

@abbe026 Probably a separate file per mod is easiest to maintain :) 

Edited by Beale

38 minutes ago, abbe026 said:

Ya but i meant different parts from Tantares 

Oh, yeah, again a separate file is probably best.

Example:

• Tantares_Patch_KIS.cfg
  • Tantares_Patch_TAC.cfg
  • Contares_Patch_KIS.cfg
  • CXA_Patch_KIS.cfg

52 minutes ago, Beale said:

Very nice!

How is this different from USI-LS, is it only unique resource vs. generic 'supplies' ?

As far as a supply delivery system like Progress, different resources and balancing for different consumption rates. There's also Snacks and another that the name is escaping me.

Going deeper (I'm not totally familiar with all of these, but here's the gist)

Snack is the most "basic".  Just a snacks resource.  There's a recycler that uses Ore to create new Snacks.

I'm most familiar with TAC-LS, which is complicated on the life support resources end with seperate Food, Water, O2, Waste, Wastewater and CO2 resources.  Built into the mod are recyclers to scrub CO2 into O2, convert Water into O2, purify Wastewater back into Water, use intake air, only on Kerbin and Laythe in stock solar system, to fill up O2 tanks and a sabatier using CO2 and water to create O2.  Life support systems also require EC for heating/cooling and air criculation.  Creating more Food requires a separate mod with greenhouses.  I have three, one of which is based on Soylent, SETI Greenhouse and KPBS which use slightly different resources plus some combination of waste products to convert back into Food with some Water and O2 as an additional benefit.  There's no way to produce closed loop systems as you'll always need some kind of Fertilizer resource for the Greenhouses.

USI-LS has Kerbals consume Supplies and produce Mulch and the mod includes Greenhouse modules to convert the Mulch to Supplies.  This requires Fertilizer and more efficient converters require Water plus Dirt or Substrate.  Unlike TAC-LS, USI-LS plus MKS allows all the resources to be "mined" and/or produced from a planetary surface, and all machines consume a Machinery resource to run which itself can be produced from "mineable" resources.  A colony can become fully self sufficient, but the supply chain gets pretty complicated with the resources, converters and Machinery, a turn off for me, though it's often the reason people opt to use MKS.  There's also secondary effects of USI-LS like habitation (Kerbals need enough space to move around, ie extra living space which dictates how long they can stay on the ship before going on strike).  Skylab mutiny/strike here we come :sticktongue:.  I've considered switching to USI-LS for this functionality alone.  There's also functionality built in that lets bases on the same planet transfer resources without having long lines of pipes or manually moving supplies around with rovers/trucks, which helps significantly with the resource trees.

TL:DR

Snack is just Snacks with an Ore to Snack conversion.  TAC-LS has a complicated resource tree, converters for CO2, O2, Wastewater and water but requires separate mods for greenhouses for food production.  USI-LS on it's own is equivalent to TAC with fewer resources plus habitation space and with MKS colonies can be closed-loop at which point it becomes a logistics wonderland/nightmare depending on your point of view.

I've got some time, as I'm on "Dad Leave" from work, pending the birth of my son. I'm going to take a crack at Kerbalism Configs, but I need to know how much stuff to put in. I'm going to do some digging, but if anyone has info on mission duration times, then I can play with numbers and make proper Kerbalism configs. (Example: 100 days was mentioned for Progress.)

Edited by DJ Reonic

3 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

If I can get some time, I'll write up some balanced USI-ls configs for all the Tantares parts. 

I would like to help but i don't think I have the skill and knowledge to be useful...

20 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

On the first post there is a picture (which is the link) for Craft Files.

ya I saw those, but there are only 2 crafts.
What I meat was more crafts like:
The Rockets
Soyuz
Salyut Stations
etc.

:D

p.s.
I already searched the Space X page but the crafts that I found, must have been made with an older version of Tantares & Tantares LV because i can't open neither of them.

Edited by PmThay

8 hours ago, Moiety said:

For what it’s worth, there’s some TAC LS support in my Tantares Patches. (I’ll get to proper support at some point).

7 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

If I can get some time, I'll write up some balanced USI-ls configs for all the Tantares parts. 

5 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

I've got some time, as I'm on "Dad Leave" from work, pending the birth of my son. I'm going to take a crack at Kerbalism Configs, but I need to know how much stuff to put in. I'm going to do some digging, but if anyone has info on mission duration times, then I can play with numbers and make proper Kerbalism configs. (Example: 100 days was mentioned for Progress.)

Wow, awesome all over, many thanks!

2 hours ago, PmThay said:

ya I saw those, but there are only 2 crafts.
What I meat was more crafts like:
The Rockets
Soyuz
Salyut Stations
etc.

:D

p.s.
I already searched the Space X page but the crafts that I found, must have been made with an older version of Tantares & Tantares LV because i can't open neither of them.

Some more will be uploaded very soon (tonight or tomorrow), yeah the Kerbal X crafts are for older versions.

Edit: Thanks @DiscoSlelge Craft files for R7 Soyuz and the N1 Moon Shot! They are uploaded on the first page :) 

Progress Avionics:

Needs more detail, but nice Reaction wheel set and way to pad out the Progress length.

JSQBNUp.png
05Zlq1X.png

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Some more will be uploaded very soon (tonight or tomorrow), yeah the Kerbal X crafts are for older versions.

Nice!!! :D Thank You very much. :wink: 
Just one more question, do you know fo any patch to make this awesome mod compatible with Remote Tech?
Thank you for your work and patience. :) 

Leerstar visits Salyut 7!

QrG1QUg.png

This is experiment for later Mir missions :D

Surprisingly the Leerstar Stock craft, with some modifications, makes a really great space plane/shuttle xD  The RCS is balanced enough for MechJeb to auto dock :3

21 hours ago, PmThay said:

Nice!!! :D Thank You very much. :wink: 
Just one more question, do you know fo any patch to make this awesome mod compatible with Remote Tech?
Thank you for your work and patience. :) 

Currently dropped for the stock system :) 

I have wondered what people find in Remote Tech that the stock sys does not satisfy? Out of curiosity.

20 hours ago, Deltac said:

Leerstar visits Salyut 7!

QrG1QUg.png

This is experiment for later Mir missions :D

Surprisingly the Leerstar Stock craft, with some modifications, makes a really great space plane/shuttle xD  The RCS is balanced enough for MechJeb to auto dock :3

Awesome! The space station looks so tiny! I must try this.

4 hours ago, hendrack said:

I've noticed Beale likes station pics.

After my own heart :) Nice DoF effect you have there (And nice station too!) What mods?

FUlPZF0.png One of my favourite parts from old Tantares, re-imagined.
9YnMEb3.png Can you spot it?
5DsQEN2.png And an avionics core... 
128BRXi.png No control, but SAS level 5 and reaction wheels.
8xrkP6C.png Peace!

15 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

So pretty!

tumblr_n9qj6n6A5S1smcbm7o1_400.gif

Sure! (GitHub)

Just want to mention... There's probably quite big changes to the WIP Progress, if you are using dev releases, make sure any MonoPropellant Progress cores are disposed of cleanly (I have some exciting alternatives in the works). 

jBpVRUe.png

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Currently dropped for the stock system :) 

I have wondered what people find in Remote Tech that the stock sys does not satisfy? Out of curiosity.

I don't use it, but I'm intrigued by the increase in realism.  Having to build realistic relays with multiple antennas, manage each antenna's orientation and dealing with signal delay have all piqued my interest, but I only have so much free time so I settle for the stock system as it offers a good time to functionality balance.

On 09/05/2017 at 1:31 AM, Joeybafoey said:

You had the opportunity and you missed it. I thought you were better than this :D

Don't question the progress of my work-in-progress Progress. 

2 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

The start of the Russian moon base, first sending a rover to explore and choose the best landing side (the skycrane works so good and is really stable).

20170510194245_1.jpg

Very cool!

Progress

Development continues, but I need your help! If there exists any photos of the Progress under construction (pre thermal blankets) I will love you forever.

20z35tf.png