Beale

[1.8.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [19.0][20/10/2019]

Recommended Posts

Q. Where are the IVAs?
A. A great deal of time and effort required that I sadly do not have. Manned capsules will aim to have IVAs, but larger station parts will have to make-do with placeholders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the 2 stage LK, I do remember someone on here made a version for Tantares.  I unfortunately can't remember their name, nor do I have the time to look for them, but someone has to remember!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2017 at 8:06 PM, Third_OfFive said:

@Beale

For your next release, could you add IVAs to a few of your station parts? Pleeease? :)

On 12/05/2017 at 8:10 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

He said that he will try to do so for the spacecraft (Soyuz, TKS, etc.), but that making IVAs for large station parts is too much hassle for something most people won't use. (Paraphrasing there - also, sorry if I came across a bit rude)

EDIT:

But we both live in hope... :wink:

On 12/05/2017 at 8:12 PM, steedcrugeon said:

I am pretty sure IVA's is something he is looking into, however they are very Intensive toe create, often requiring more detailed textures then you may find on external parts. They are very time consuming to produce, I'm just happy he's churning out such good / stock compatible parts at this great rate!

On 12/05/2017 at 8:12 PM, onlinegamesz said:

Q. Where are the IVAs?
A. A great deal of time and effort required that I sadly do not have. Manned capsules will aim to have IVAs, but larger station parts will have to make-do with placeholders.

Basically all of the above :D 

I have some playing around with a MIR core block IVA, many thanks for @steedcrugeon for help and inspiration on what direction that should take.

 

On 12/05/2017 at 9:06 PM, Deltac said:

For the 2 stage LK, I do remember someone on here made a version for Tantares.  I unfortunately can't remember their name, nor do I have the time to look for them, but someone has to remember!

On 12/05/2017 at 9:09 PM, NeoFatalis said:

Yes! @blacsky33 made a fantastic implementation as an optional alternative. Still up to date too :) 

I've had some very interesting discussions recently on this, and I think it is worth another shot, perhaps as an alternative (No more breaking compatibility pls!). Btw, a two stage LK shedding the frame mass could almost certainly enter orbit from Duna.

 

Have you heard of @steedcrugeon? He's a beautiful man. Courtesy of below:

2StageLKtank.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's basically house-work.

I like this nozzle colour, what do you think?

FvLxjhK.png Old.
ORXHg1B.png New.
zrRvXFP.png 2New.

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Beale said:

ORXHg1B.png

It looks great! the rcs thrusters would also look good with this color in my opinion (it would make them very unique because most of the mods just use black)

Edited by NeoFatalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

It looks great! the rcs thrusters would also look good with this color in my opinion (it would make them very unique because most of the mods just use black)

It got my interest, so tried it,

unfortunately, I don't think it looks too great:

B5YRzHu.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Beale said:

It's basically house-work.

I like this nozzle colour, what do you think?

-snipped for easier scrolling-

Gorgeous! I think the RCS looks good with that treatment, too. On the other hand, maybe it blends in better with other satellite parts if it is in ordinary grey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tantares has been a staple part of my gamedata folder ever since I startade playing KSP. It's great to see this new version taking shape.

Here's my attempt at recreating the early Soyuz and Progress models. Still missing some details, such as the large Igla rendezvous antenna (which I'm hoping will make a return at some point). Also, ignore the Soyuz-T in the image. It's showing the wrong craft.

2qxz3no.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kopapaka said:

 

screenshot2.jpg?ver=0

screenshot15.jpg?ver=0

2 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Thanks :)

Untitled2.jpg?ver=0

What does the first image remind me of? :D 

1jTKZjm.png

I love the video and the setup! This is how I need to launch all my Proton from now on! 

2 hours ago, SBKerman said:

Tantares has been a staple part of my gamedata folder ever since I startade playing KSP. It's great to see this new version taking shape.

Here's my attempt at recreating the early Soyuz and Progress models. Still missing some details, such as the large Igla rendezvous antenna (which I'm hoping will make a return at some point). Also, ignore the Soyuz-T in the image. It's showing the wrong craft.

2qxz3no.png

Beautiful designed image! And very nice to hear :) 

To my mind, what still remains for the Soyuz pieces:

  • Soyuz 7K-OK docking ports.
  • IGLA stuff.
  • Docking Light.
  • Cupola.
  • Better RCS.

For the Progress, there is an entire set of Progress-M parts in the works.

9 hours ago, dimovski said:

Gorgeous! I think the RCS looks good with that treatment, too. On the other hand, maybe it blends in better with other satellite parts if it is in ordinary grey?

I think plain black will be best to be consistent, but we can try some more...

LQhF5bq.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Legcutter said:

:)

iWdgJeO_6kI.jpg

I remember it well...

XroaCZY.png

 

Great picture!

12 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Untitled1.jpg?ver=0

Even better! I love it :D 

 

 

A few updates to the FGB texture, based on gameplay experience.

Removed grills where commonly placing radial parts, etc.

SZhWhfZ.png

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Beale said:

 

Even better! I love it:D 

Thanks!

And more...

rampa.jpg? ver = 0

rampax.jpg?ver=0

Edited by kopapaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Thanks!

And more...

rampax.jpg?ver=0

It launches too! Even better! :) 

 

pbsPZAy.png
vxgooSl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Space Feesh!

EVvZ0ee.png

It sucks up all the space trash!  Also doesn't have a launch escape system apparently :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tanker I got to use while the Progress monoprop core is, well, in progress :)

ghPeLXR.png

VAPrC49.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another National Collaboration Mission: The Kerbin Atoll Research Station!

1sJyVlo.png

77Dw1kb.png

A dedicated research laboratory to planetary sample acquisition and testing based off of the Antaeus Orbiting Quarantine Facility researched in 1978. This station houses a permanent crew of 5 (one Pilot and 4 Scientists) and resides in Mid-Kerbin Orbt (~200 km).

KARS is built of 4 modules: 6-sided docking module, power module, lab module and the hab module, with the solar arrays maintaining attitude towards the sun at all times [The power module also houses small jets to change altitude if need be (albeit minor changes)].

The lower node is for Logistics which arrive periodically, and the other two are for crew transfer or for any other station augmentation.

The Science lab also contains a port for sample acquisition which can be itself quarantined if need be.

ALSO: There are contingency plans for samples that break quarantine... a beefed-up upper stage will dock with the 18t station and inject it into interplanetary space to prevent samples from contaminating Kerbin;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

ALSO: There are contingency plans for samples that break quarantine... a beefed-up upper stage will dock with the 18t station and inject it into interplanetary space to prevent samples from contaminating Kerbin;

Why not go one step further, and get Michael Crichton to construct your decontamination facilities? I mean, we all know that launching 5-storey constructions, that are normally buried underground in a remote part of... dang, I forgot where that place was...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Why not go one step further, and get Michael Crichton to construct your decontamination facilities? I mean, we all know that launching 5-storey constructions, that are normally buried underground in a remote part of... dang, I forgot where that place was...

Wildfire in Nevada! Andromeda Strain is a great book and OK movie, I prefer this one though, because dying in interplanetary space is just more... quiet :P

 

After seeing the movie 'Life' I can see why they'd want to do so... although that alien was ridiculously OP on the ISS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Deltac said:

Also doesn't have a launch escape system apparently :P

That will have to be fixed, won't it :wink: 

13 hours ago, TK-313 said:

The tanker I got to use while the Progress monoprop core is, well, in progress :)

ghPeLXR.png

VAPrC49.png

Very nice! I like the craft a lot.

2 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Another National Collaboration Mission: The Kerbin Atoll Research Station!

77Dw1kb.png

A dedicated research laboratory to planetary sample acquisition and testing based off of the Antaeus Orbiting Quarantine Facility researched in 1978. This station houses a permanent crew of 5 (one Pilot and 4 Scientists) and resides in Mid-Kerbin Orbt (~200 km).

KARS is built of 4 modules: 6-sided docking module, power module, lab module and the hab module, with the solar arrays maintaining attitude towards the sun at all times [The power module also houses small jets to change altitude if need be (albeit minor changes)].

The lower node is for Logistics which arrive periodically, and the other two are for crew transfer or for any other station augmentation.

The Science lab also contains a port for sample acquisition which can be itself quarantined if need be.

ALSO: There are contingency plans for samples that break quarantine... a beefed-up upper stage will dock with the 18t station and inject it into interplanetary space to prevent samples from contaminating Kerbin;

Beautiful station! And I appreciate the back-story.
I love to see international mash-ups as ever!

 

 

BBGBp6S.jpg


j0UWOla.gifxxaw6s3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.