[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

11 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

@Beale Here are the patches for USI-LS and Connected Living Space

That's awesome, would it be possible to add this as a GitHub pull request? It will make it easier to maintain forward.

10 hours ago, KarlKrieger said:

Tantares-LV is done and Tantares is 25% ok.

Is it usefull to translate "Tags" lines ?

Wow! You work fast.
Tags are your own choice, but it should help if you use the search function in the VAB

TXb3TL9.jpg.

2 hours ago, Krab96 said:

Wrong RCS truster direction.

0_107621_c0c7cd67_orig.jpg
1111111.jpg

It is a problem with the new FX system and my old FX, which I am not sure I would be able to fix without an updated Part Tools for Unity 2017.

I am not sure, if possible @JPLRepo could you confirm there would not be a way to exporty Shuriken FX through Unity 5? My understanding is limited.

ffiTopp.jpg

Edited by Beale

12 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Two questions: will the update be for 1.3.1 or 1.4.0/1 and will it be released by the end of the month?

It will be for 1.4.1, but I cannot release it until the new tools are available for FX.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Many thanks to @Daniel Prates for producing are Portuguese translation! I will include in the next release.

I won't hear of it!  Tantares has given me hundreds of hours of joy,  and I am only too glad to give something back! 

Btw,  if any other mod dev wants me to translate their localization texts to portuguese,  don't hesitate to PM me with the text file. 

Been a while since I posted - tuning my soviet conversion mod for the new expansion and updated versions of dependencies.
A couple of observations.

The visuals on the updated parts are, as always, absolutely amazing!!!

The proton is still .. seriously .. overpowered. In its supplied stock configuration it can launch a TKS about 90% of the way to Jool. Even with seriously nerfed 1st and 2nd stages, it can still launch a TKS out near Dres. I can't figure out how to nerf the third stage effectively, just reducing the thrust isn't very effective unless its dropped down to like, 35-40, and the only other option is to dramatically increase the mass to like 7 tons which causes problems for the nerfed lower stages.

Any insight as to how I might better balance the proton for stock KSP's solar system to get a TKS sized (weight) payload into medium kerbin orbit but no farther?

Edited by tjsnh

2 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Been a while since I posted - tuning my soviet conversion mod for the new expansion and updated versions of dependencies.

The proton is still .. seriously .. overpowered. In its supplied stock configuration it can launch a TKS about 90% of the way to Jool. Even with seriously nerfed 1st and 2nd stages, it can still launch a TKS out near Dres. I can't figure out how to nerf the third stage effectively, just reducing the thrust isn't very effective unless its dropped down to like, 35-40, and the only other option is to dramatically increase the mass to like 7 tons which causes problems for the nerfed lower stages.

Any insight as to how I might better balance the proton for stock KSP's solar system to get a TKS sized (weight) payload into medium kerbin orbit but no farther?

My 100% to be frank advice, move to rescale around 2.5x It plays so much better (stock parts included) and fulfills all your requirements without having to nerf the parts. 
The Proton itself is an almost exact analogue of this:

erqnof7.png

So, not anything too out of the ordinary or overpowered you know?
With rescale, it puts the correct mass in low orbit, more or less and behaves like the real thing. If you are going for a semi-realistic Soviet game, perfect.

Nice to have you back :) Many thanks for the kind words.

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, tjsnh said:

AFAIK most part mods (and stock parts) are better balanced with a 2.5x rescale of the planetary system.

SUCCESS!
I gave up trying to fine-tune the third stage, and instead took the first stage out behind the wood shed, took a nerf bat to both its kneecaps, and plugged a few nerf arrows into its spine. The end result is that the first stage burns out significantly faster, combined with a simple thurst nerf to the 2nd stage, and it puts the third stage into a good trajectory. With the following nerf, the proton can put a TKS into upper-lower/lower-middle kerbin orbit:

@PART[ALV_3_Engine_1]
{
  @mass = 3
}

@PART[ALV_2_Engine_1]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    {
     @maxThrust = 850
    }
}

@PART[ALV_1_Engine_1]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    {
     @maxThrust = 2000
     @atmosphereCurve
      {
        @key = 0 185
        @key = 1 140
          }
    }
}

Oh, by the way - the Tantares R-7 along with the new Vostok derived capsules from Making History resized to 0.75 their normal scale = EPIC.

No kidding, the visuals on the latest round of revisions is your best work yet, by far.

Edited by tjsnh

@BealeThe parts are looking awesomer than ever. 

Let's talk a bit about making history, shall we? I have some doubts about this new DLC thing. KSP used to only have one single current version, now I am not sure what gives.

The new, unDLC-ed KSP is 1.4.nought. Now we have 1.4.1, which is the DLC. Or is it? I honestly don't know anymore. I got so used to simply check the new updated mod versions in spacedock, but now I am not sure what gives, mostly, if the newer version will absorb the last one, of if 1.4 and 1.4.1 are now different things, other than the latest version of the same thing.

Lets use tantares as an example. It still is a 1.3.1 valid mod (at least is says so in space dock, the OP do not mention anywhing otherwise). What I am wondering is:

1 - How 1.3.1. mod versions deal with the newer ksp? Is it all the same? The unity version was changed in this newer KSP so there are bound to be issues, me thinks, 

2 - Suppose Beale updates the mod to 1.4. Will it work for those who bought the DLC and this have 1.4.1.?

3 - What about the other way around? Mods updated to 1.4.1 will REQUIRE the user to have the DLC? 

34 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

@BealeThe parts are looking awesomer than ever. 

Let's talk a bit about making history, shall we? I have some doubts about this new DLC thing. KSP used to only have one single current version, now I am not sure what gives.

The new, unDLC-ed KSP is 1.4.nought. Now we have 1.4.1, which is the DLC. Or is it? I honestly don't know anymore. I got so used to simply check the new updated mod versions in spacedock, but now I am not sure what gives, mostly, if the newer version will absorb the last one, of if 1.4 and 1.4.1 are now different things, other than the latest version of the same thing.

Lets use tantares as an example. It still is a 1.3.1 valid mod (at least is says so in space dock, the OP do not mention anywhing otherwise). What I am wondering is:

1 - How 1.3.1. mod versions deal with the newer ksp? Is it all the same? The unity version was changed in this newer KSP so there are bound to be issues, me thinks, 

2 - Suppose Beale updates the mod to 1.4. Will it work for those who bought the DLC and this have 1.4.1.?

3 - What about the other way around? Mods updated to 1.4.1 will REQUIRE the user to have the DLC? 

On 13.03.2018 KSP was updated to version 1.4.1.
With the DLC you get  - for KSP 1.4.1 - the mission editor/executor and a few half-hearted modeled parts
for which one should make a claim for damages :wink:

3 hours ago, hraban said:

On 13.03.2018 KSP was updated to version 1.4.1.
With the DLC you get  - for KSP 1.4.1 - the mission editor/executor and a few half-hearted modeled parts
for which one should make a claim for damages :wink:

Quite agree. Bought it and installed it....the mouse detector is all wrong!  Have to place the pointer 1 inch to the letf,  in order to hit the buttons...(facepalm). 

Anyway.... the dlc appears to be a mere parts pack + mission builder. It would seem that our beloved mods will work in both ksp versions (with and sens making history).

Or so I hope!

Edited by Daniel Prates

6 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Quite agree. Bought it and installed it....the mouse detector is all wrong!  Have to place the pointer 1 inch to the letf,  in order to hit the buttons...(facepalm). 

Anyway.... the dlc appears to be a mere parts pack + mission builder. It would seem that our beloved mods will work in both ksp versions (with and sens making history).

Or so I hope!

You can have 1.4.1 without DLC, but not the other way 'round.

22 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Oh, by the way - the Tantares R-7 along with the new Vostok derived capsules from Making History resized to 0.75 their normal scale = EPIC.

No kidding, the visuals on the latest round of revisions is your best work yet, by far.

Thanks my dude!

Well, I got Making History for free. I don't think it's exactly for me to be honest, but I cannot complain...

vzqy6gR.png

Edited by Beale

On 09/03/2018 at 11:41 AM, KarlKrieger said:

Hello, I'm a native french speaker who really like Tantares mod, are you interested by a fr-fr localization file for 1.4 ?

I can also help in this language :wink:

@Bealethe following question has possibly been already asked (but if yes, I did not found it) : do you plan to keep or remove the parts from Tantares that now have a stock equivalent (the Soyuz rocket, the Vostok / Voskhod spacecraft) ?

11 minutes ago, ndiver said:

@Bealethe following question has possibly been already asked (but if yes, I did not found it) : do you plan to keep or remove the parts from Tantares that now have a stock equivalent (the Soyuz rocket, the Vostok / Voskhod spacecraft) ?

I doubt it, as they are not stock but part of a DLC.